You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Considering the results of QB's drafted after the 3rd round idk how sound that strategy is. Taking one just to take one is stupid, especially with the rosters lack of depth.
How many in the qbs in any round dont work out regardless? Its the most unpredictable position to draft. We've seen countless top 10 qbs drafted not work out the last 10-15 years.

Im a firm believer the enviroment and coaching of the team is what makes or breaks a qb thats drafted,granted that he has the tools.

I think this team is in a good place right now for a young qb,coaching and talent wise.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
How many in the qbs in any round dont work out regardless? Its the most unpredictable position to draft. We've seen countless top 10 qbs drafted not work out the last 10-15 years.

Im a firm believer the enviroment and coaching of the team is what makes or breaks a qb thats drafted,granted that he has the tools.

I think this team is in a good place right now for a young qb,coaching and talent wise.

It's not as unpredictable as one would think. Completion percentage, yards per completion and games started in college all provide a fairly good indicator.

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Considering the results of QB's drafted after the 3rd round idk how sound that strategy is. Taking one just to take one is stupid, especially with the rosters lack of depth.

Considering if you don't have a qb it really doesn't matter how good the rest of your team is I don't think it's crazy

As far as depth in the salary cap era nobody has great depth anymore and every team even the Super Bowl ones have some holes

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Considering if you don't have a qb it really doesn't matter how good the rest of your team is I don't think it's crazy

As far as depth in the salary cap era nobody has great depth anymore and every team even the Super Bowl ones have some holes
Denver is in the super bowl with the worst starting qb in the league.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Apparently kaepernick wants to be a Jet and we've signed Dri Archer and Brian Boyer is our new special teams coach.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Apparently kaepernick wants to be a Jet and we've signed Dri Archer and Brian Boyer is our new special teams coach.

The Kaepernick stuff is probably coming from his agent. Who knows how that shakes out or what Chip wants to do. Maybe Archer can solve the KR/PR problems...belive we had the worst starting field position in football(specials as we know sucked ass).

If I were to guess I'd imagine we'll resign Fitzpatrick and probably draft another guy.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kaep is so much better then fitz

Kaep is all-world physical tools but his QB mental acumen isn't that much better than Fitz's. Moreover Kaep is already 28 or 29, and still hasn't figured out how to play QB. Lastly Kaep was beaten out by Blaine Gabbert. That's 3 strikes for me. I'd rather just draft a QB or roll with Geno.

Wentz didn't impress at the Senior Bowl relative to other QBs so I doubt he goes to Cleveland in place of Goff. The Senior Bowl game looked too fast for Wentz at times, he misread some coverages and lacked some overall poise. Wentz is a high level project with tools but he's at least 2 years away from performing at a high enough level to get any conceivable team to the playoffs.

Denver is in the super bowl with the worst starting qb in the league.

Peyton has MVP pedigree and is more an exception to the rule than corroborating it. Most QBs drafted after the 2nd and 3rd round never amount to anything but a backup.

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Kaep is all-world physical tools but his QB mental acumen isn't that much better than Fitz's. Moreover Kaep is already 28 or 29, and still hasn't figured out how to play QB. Lastly Kaep was beaten out by Blaine Gabbert. That's 3 strikes for me. I'd rather just draft a QB or roll with Geno.

Wentz didn't impress at the Senior Bowl relative to other QBs so I doubt he goes to Cleveland in place of Goff. The Senior Bowl game looked too fast for Wentz at times, he misread some coverages and lacked some overall poise. Wentz is a high level project with tools but he's at least 2 years away from performing at a high enough level to get any conceivable team to the playoffs.

Peyton has MVP pedigree and is more an exception to the rule than corroborating it. Most QBs drafted after the 2nd and 3rd round never amount to anything but a backup.
Most qbs drafted in the first round never amount to anything but a back up as well. So thats not saying much.

Playa With Tha Passport

Mr International
Daps
Reppin
University City

He wasnt beaten out by blaine gabbert

He was injured

And he still had better numbers then blaine

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I think 23 of the starting QB's were drafted in the 1st round
And most of them are garbage that won't be starting within 2 seasons replaced by other qbs drafted in the first round,given starting jobs simply because they have been drafted in the first round.

Players drafted in the first round are given far more chances over and over simply because of where they were drafted.