godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He wasnt beaten out by blaine gabbert

He was injured

And he still had better numbers then blaine

The Niners' staff used his injury as an excuse to move on from Kapernick. The fact the Niners' staff preferred to start Gabbert over Kaepernick after the latter's return is evidence that Gabbert beat him out. Furthermore, looking past cursory numbers, the advanced statistics delinating the difference between Gabbert and Kaepernick's respective perfromances imply that Gabbert was more efficient. Every drop back Gabbert adds +0.14 more points than Kaepernick. This implies that Gabbert's passing is more productive than Kaepernick's on a per dropback basis. From Numberfire:

x25TqOI.png

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
And most of them are garbage that won't be starting within 2 seasons replaced by other qbs drafted in the first round,given starting jobs simply because they have been drafted in the first round.

Players drafted in the first round are given far more chances over and over simply because of where they were drafted.

Who are the first round QB's who are garbage? And of course higher picks get more of a chance, they are paid more.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tend to subscribe to @Prodigal Syndicate's views on picking QBs because, although the majority of starting QBs are first rounders, sometimes QBs who turn out good can drop to the 2nd and 3rd round. Given the importance of the QB position, it only make sense to roll the dice and draft a QB as often as possible in these rounds. QBs who fail to improve enough in 2-3 years can always be flipped for picks so we can always get a good return on the investment.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I tend to subscribe to @Prodigal Syndicate's views on picking QBs because, although the majority of starting QBs are first rounders, sometimes QBs who turn out good can drop to the 2nd and 3rd round. Given the importance of the QB position, it only make sense to roll the dice and draft a QB as often as possible in these rounds.
Personally I think the NFL needs to really re-evaluate the way the league is run.

Its the same teams making the playoffs/going deep almost every season now.

Theyve tailored the rules to passing offense so much now that it doesnt really matter that the salary cap is in place. In their attempt to create parity/push qbs theyve created one of the most,if not the most,predictable league in sports.

Because of the restrictions in salary cap and rules theyve made it so having an elite qb gives you such an unfair advatnage its made the league awful.

The quality of football was horrendous this season. The number of bad teams is staggering. Yeah the playoffs have been good,but thats because you only have a handful of good teams.

And when a team does against this pattern by building an elite defense ie. Seattle and denver,they only have a 1-2 year window because they simply can't afford to keep the defense together.

Its possible to win without an elite qb,but your window is so tiny.

And elite qbs are so few and far between that teams are desperately latching onto to any first round qb,who in any other era would be garbage but thanks to this inflated era guys like matt stafford,matt ryan,jay cutler get chance after chance even though its painfully obvious they will never get it done.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Personally I think the NFL needs to really re-evaluate the way the league is run.

Its the same teams making the playoffs/going deep almost every season now.

Theyve tailored the rules to passing offense so much now that it doesnt really matter that the salary cap is in place. In their attempt to create parity/push qbs theyve created one of the most,if not the most,predictable league in sports.

Because of the restrictions in salary cap and rules theyve made it so having an elite qb gives you such an unfair advatnage its made the league awful.

The quality of football was horrendous this season. The number of bad teams is staggering. Yeah the playoffs have been good,but thats because you only have a handful of good teams.

And when a team does against this pattern by building an elite defense ie. Seattle and denver,they only have a 1-2 year window because they simply can't afford to keep the defense together.

Its possible to win without an elite qb,but your window is so tiny.

And elite qbs are so few and far between that teams are desperately latching onto to any first round qb,who in any other era would be garbage but thanks to this inflated era guys like matt stafford,matt ryan,jay cutler get chance after chance even though its painfully obvious they will never get it done.

I'm for drafting a QB every year to cover the spread and potentially get a Russell Wilson, Andy Dalton, etc type QB. On the other hand I like the NFL's parity and don't want it to change. In sports where there is no salary cap, the same and best teams collect the best players like YuGioh cards and win even more of the time than is the case with American football. Every once and awhile, a good QB comes out from the 2nd round who can lead a team to the playoffs.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

He's a pass rusher. The fact that we signed him to more than a reserves deal means that the FO really likes him. Might have found a diamond in the rough. Perhaps the next Cameron Wake hopefully

As a casual CFL fan,he's no cameron wake.

Cameron Wake utterly and completely dominated in the CFL. I live in B.C. so I got to see cam play live plenty of times. He was a man among boys in the league.

Bishop played well,but he didnt dominate the way cam did.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

He's a pass rusher. The fact that we signed him to more than a reserves deal means that the FO really likes him. Might have found a diamond in the rough. Perhaps the next Cameron Wake hopefully

Watching his film now. Would like to see more bend from him...plays a bit too upright.

Last edited:

Matta

Rookie
Daps
And most of them are garbage that won't be starting within 2 seasons replaced by other qbs drafted in the first round,given starting jobs simply because they have been drafted in the first round.

Players drafted in the first round are given far more chances over and over simply because of where they were drafted.
Ej Manuel...perfect example

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
From draft insider Tony Pauline

Recently the New York Jets were linked to quarterback Colin Kaepernick but no one I’ve spoken with, even from Kaepernick’s camp, feel there’s any legitimacy in this potential move. I can say without a doubt general manager Mike Maccagnan is not sitting around admiring the Executive of the Year Award recently handed to him by the PFWA. People I’ve spoken with laud Maccagnan and the Jets for leaving no stone unturned since the end of the season and the team has literally interviewed every player that attended each of January’s All Star games.

I’m told the Jets really like third year offensive tackle Brent Qvale, which could offer them some flexibility at the position. Many believe the team will try and renegotiate the contract of veteran left tackle D’Brickashaw Ferguson to give themselves more cap space.

NFL Draft News & Notes: 1.0
Rumors has it that if Brick doesn't agree to a restructure, he'll be cut outright. Also Revis will most likely be asked to restructure his contract as well​