You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Not really. New England hasn't had a bellcow top runningback in ages and they're consistently in the playoffs every year. Run game ranking doesn't correlate with winning necessarily, but passing game ranking does.
they have tom brady and bill bellicheck. you cant use them as an example to go by,there is only 1 brady and 1 bill.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The game changed because of the rule changes not stubbornness. The rules are set up too pass. To build your team around a rb in today's nfl would be assinine .

Petersons been the best back for years and his teams gone nowhere except the year they had Farve

Aside from Marshawn most teams that have won titles have had interchangeable average backs. Rb is not a position you can afford to pay big money too in today's nfl so you're better off with decent ones you don't have to pay much then an elite one that eats at your cap
The rules are set up to pass,and? What has happened?You have a handful of teams with elite qbs that have success and the rest of the teams desperately trying to recreate that and failing because they dont have an elite qb. Just because the rules make it easier to pass doesnt suddenly mean the running game should be thrown out the window.

And nobody is saying build your team around a rb,just that a great rb can completely transform your offense and theirs no reason to shy away from drafting one high if you think he will be that difference. Especially considering how many teams reach for qbs and tackles and the majority of them turn out to be busts.

The NFL quality was TERRIBLE this season,most teams are TERRIBLE. Because theyre all trying the same shyt trying to have an elite passing offense and ignoring the rest of the team game.

The vikings were one short fg away from playing this weekend. The seahawks came through and won a superbowl on the strength of defense and the running game. If you see an elite rb you take him rather than reach for a qb.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they have tom brady and bill bellicheck. you cant use them as an example to go by,there is only 1 brady and 1 bill.

True but my point is to win a Superbowl in this league, you need a top passing attack, which is what Tom Brady gives you. Winning without a passing attack is like trying to fight with a stone while you opponent is armed with a knife. Even when it seems like Seattle just ran the ball, Wilson gave them a very efficient passing attack. The Jets just need a QB who can give them a good passing attack. That's not Tom Brady per se but it's a franchise QB type player or a young player with that potential.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Watched some more tape on Carson Wentz (QB who the Jets really like)

DO... NOT... DRAFT!

Truth be told, this is a terrible class for QB's. Only guy I really like that could be had is Jacoby Brissett. If we take him in the 3rd, I'd be just fine with that.

I'll take any of these guys at 20...

Taylor Decker
Jaylon Smith
Ezekial Elliot
Shilique Calhoun

Playa With Tha Passport

Mr International
Daps
Reppin
University City

Houston(who has the worst qb situation in the league) lost foster

Won 5 outta 6 games made offs

Kc lost Charles

Didnt lose a game for the rest of the regular season

Sea lost lynch
Was arguably the best team in the league the 2nd half of the year

Ap
Mccoy
Charles
Gurley
Bell

Can make a case for being the top 5 rbs

Have 1 combined win in offs

That's ap. And of course that win he had a Hofr at qb.

Rb value isnt shyt anymore....

Only rb in the league i would trade for is maybe mccoy

He's the closest to barry iv seen, he can make so many people miss with his lateral quickness and footwork he eats up alotta yards.

A elite duo threat rb can be valuable at times also but even those guys are overvalued for the most part.

I wouldn't mind drafting elliot tho

He could make a difference

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Houston(who has the worst qb situation in the league) lost foster

Won 5 outta 6 games made offs

Kc lost Charles

Didnt lose a game for the rest of the regular season

Sea lost lynch
Was arguably the best team in the league the 2nd half of the year

Ap
Mccoy
Charles
Gurley
Bell

Can make a case for being the top 5 rbs

Have 1 combined win in offs

That's ap. And of course that win he had a Hofr at qb.

Rb value isnt shyt anymore....

Only rb in the league i would trade for is maybe mccoy

He's the closest to barry iv seen, he can make so many people miss with his lateral quickness and footwork he eats up alotta yards.

A elite duo threat rb can be valuable at times also but even those guys are overvalued for the most part.

I wouldn't mind drafting elliot tho

He could make a difference

Rbs even great ones have always been the easiest position to scheme against and shutdown in playoffs for the most part

Now with the rules geared towards passing they'res becoming even less valuable. You can get away with having two pedestrian ones you don't need a great or even very good one. Or in new England's case u don't need any so to draft one high or pay one big money in a cap league where you have to allocate your money wisely is just foolish

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
They're saying the Jets are going to speak with Fitzpatrick's agent about an extension soon

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess. My issue is that he had his best year ever, Marshall had one of his best years and Decker had a great year, they still didn't make the playoffs.

Are things gonna get better or worse in '16? Smart money says worse

I think he earned it. He had a good year

Things will be worse. Fitz's QB play this year is ranked like 33rd by PFF and 14th (so about average) by Football Outsiders. He's trash.