You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
It has more to do with shyt scouting than anything else.

I just think the talent level at RB has fallen off.

Most likely. Someone like Bell though I don't think anyone saw being this good. And yet with him out old ass Deangelo steps in and plays well.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Most likely. Someone like Bell though I don't think anyone saw being this good. And yet with him out old ass Deangelo steps in and plays well.
But DeAngelo was always a special player in his own right

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
If the doctor's clear him and say that he'll make a full recovery, then I'm all for taking him with that pick.

I'm a ND fan, so I fully know what the kid is capable of. Hopefully we re-sign Henderson and then we can basically redshirt him. Assuming he checks out.

I'll also be fine with Decker, Elliot, and Wentz at 20

From everything I read, he's not going to be ready to play until late in the year if he even comes back at all. I don't want to use a 1st rounder on a guy that's going to have to be a medical redshirt

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
If the doctor's clear him and say that he'll make a full recovery, then I'm all for taking him with that pick.

I'm a ND fan, so I fully know what the kid is capable of. Hopefully we re-sign Henderson and then we can basically redshirt him. Assuming he checks out.

I'll also be fine with Decker, Elliot, and Wentz at 20
I really want Henderson to return.

Demario

:camby:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
From everything I read, he's not going to be ready to play until late in the year if he even comes back at all. I don't want to use a 1st rounder on a guy that's going to have to be a medical redshirt
In this situation, I'm completely ok with it because I think it helps us out on the long run. I might be biased, but I believe that Smith is the best LB out the draft since Patrick Willis. He'd have such an impact on our defense that I wouldn't mind sitting him out for the year. Just my opinion though :manny:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why? A good rb can completely transform an offense.

I'm of the opinion that RBs aren't very valuable. Minnesota had AP--one of the best backs of his generation--and couldn't score on Seattle when it counted. Good backs can be had later in the draft. Linemen help QBs make passes and that's more efficient than running the ball.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'm of the opinion that RBs aren't very valuable. Minnesota had AP--one of the best backs of his generation--and couldn't score on Seattle when it counted. Good backs can be had later in the draft. Linemen help QBs make passes and that's more efficient than running the ball.

Running the football will always be an important part of football(especially if you play in the north east). Individual RBs are going the way of the dinosaur though. AP is the only RB that broke 300 carries this year.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
Game's changed. Name the 10 best RB in the NFL. Any of them playing this weekend? I want 2-3 running back committee. 1 bruising RB to wear on the defense in the 2nd half of games, 1 change of pace speed back that can catch the ball out of the backfield

marshawn is playing this weekend.. the guy who's taken his team to 2 straight super bowls :francis:

how many top 10 wrs are playing this weekend? maybe 2?

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The games changed because most teams are too stubborn to build a running game and want an elite passing game and elite qb.

Which is why the NFL was fukking terrible this year and that so many teams are garbage. Everybody wants an elite passing offense but guess what? If you dont have a brady or a rodgers you arent getting one.

MANY teams would be far better off if they spent more time trying to build the rest of the team up then playing copycat.

You dont win by copying what worked last year,you win by doing whats best for your team and letting the other teams copycat you and not succeed at it.

The RB position has become undervalued because teams are too busy giving huge contracts to mediocre qbs and failing over and over and over.

Brady or rogers isnt walking through that door.

The game changed because of the rule changes not stubbornness. The rules are set up too pass. To build your team around a rb in today's nfl would be assinine .

Petersons been the best back for years and his teams gone nowhere except the year they had Farve

Aside from Marshawn most teams that have won titles have had interchangeable average backs. Rb is not a position you can afford to pay big money too in today's nfl so you're better off with decent ones you don't have to pay much then an elite one that eats at your cap

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
The game changed because of the rule changes not stubbornness. The rules are set up too pass. To build your team around a rb in today's nfl would be assinine .

Petersons been the best back for years and his teams gone nowhere except the year they had Farve

Aside from Marshawn most teams that have won titles have had interchangeable average backs. Rb is not a position you can afford to pay big money too in today's nfl so you're better off with decent ones you don't have to pay much then an elite one that eats at your cap

there is nothing wrong with building an offense around the run game. the majority of teams in the playoffs this year had offenses built around running.

there are GOATs at every position that couldn't do it by themselves.. but i guess we shouldn't draft a wr because randy moss didn't win a super bowl.

teams have won with interchangeable average wide receivers too.

and the point in drafting a running back is to not pay them big money.. the other option is to sign one for money..

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Running the football will always be an important part of football(especially if you play in the north east). Individual RBs are going the way of the dinosaur though. AP is the only RB that broke 300 carries this year.

Not really. New England hasn't had a bellcow top runningback in ages and they're consistently in the playoffs every year. Run game ranking doesn't correlate with winning necessarily, but passing game ranking does.