You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Kiper mocked Jaylon Smith to the Jets at 20. Not a huge fan of drafting a guy who just tore up his knee but he was an impact player when healthy

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
The candidate likely to replace former special teams coordinator Bobby April is one of Todd Bowles’ old college teammates: Falcons special teams coordinator Keith Armstrong.

Bowles tried to hire Armstrong a year ago, but he was still under contract with the Falcons. A source told the Daily News that Bowles now wants to bring a friend onboard that he couldn’t get last year — making Armstrong the obvious favorite to land the job. According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Armstrong’s contract with the Falcons is believed to be up soon.

Bowles and Armstrong were teammates together for three seasons at Temple under Bruce Arians. Armstrong has coached the Falcons’ special teams since 2008 and interviewed for the team’s head coaching position a year ago. He coached special teams for the Dolphins from 2001-2007 and with the Bears from 1997-2000.

The Falcons ranked fourth in kickoff return average and 11th in punt return average in 2015. However, they also ranked 31st in average kickoff return yards and 21st in average punt yards allowed.

The Jets fired April on Wednesday despite Bowles originally saying on Monday that he anticipated his entire staff returning in 2016. However, April was always a candidate to be let go after the Jets were particularly poor on special teams — four touchdowns allowed — in 2015.

Jets special teams coordinator likely to be Keith Armstrong

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Kiper mocked Jaylon Smith to the Jets at 20. Not a huge fan of drafting a guy who just tore up his knee but he was an impact player when healthy
If the doctor's clear him and say that he'll make a full recovery, then I'm all for taking him with that pick.

I'm a ND fan, so I fully know what the kid is capable of. Hopefully we re-sign Henderson and then we can basically redshirt him. Assuming he checks out.

I'll also be fine with Decker, Elliot, and Wentz at 20

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Caught a bunch of the interview, sounds like the 2016 team is pretty much gonna be a carbon copy of the 2015 squad, plus an edge rusher
:francis: definition of insanity.

But for real,I dont believe anything this regime says publicly. Which is a good thing personally. But I've noticed they pretty much never be truthful even a little bit to the media. Their actions speak louder than their words.

I expect a few shake ups roster wise.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Game's changed. Name the 10 best RB in the NFL. Any of them playing this weekend? I want 2-3 running back committee. 1 bruising RB to wear on the defense in the 2nd half of games, 1 change of pace speed back that can catch the ball out of the backfield
The games changed because most teams are too stubborn to build a running game and want an elite passing game and elite qb.

Which is why the NFL was fukking terrible this year and that so many teams are garbage. Everybody wants an elite passing offense but guess what? If you dont have a brady or a rodgers you arent getting one.

MANY teams would be far better off if they spent more time trying to build the rest of the team up then playing copycat.

You dont win by copying what worked last year,you win by doing whats best for your team and letting the other teams copycat you and not succeed at it.

The RB position has become undervalued because teams are too busy giving huge contracts to mediocre qbs and failing over and over and over.

Brady or rogers isnt walking through that door.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
The games changed because most teams are too stubborn to build a running game and want an elite passing game and elite qb.

Which is why the NFL was fukking terrible this year and that so many teams are garbage. Everybody wants an elite passing offense but guess what? If you dont have a brady or a rodgers you arent getting one.

MANY teams would be far better off if they spent more time trying to build the rest of the team up then playing copycat.

You dont win by copying what worked last year,you win by doing whats best for your team and letting the other teams copycat you and not succeed at it.

The RB position has become undervalued because teams are too busy giving huge contracts to mediocre qbs and failing over and over and over.

Brady or rogers isnt walking through that door.

Thr majority of the backs picked early outside of Gurley have been fairly underwhelming.