You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I hear a lot of complaining yet no solutions.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Can't believe you guys are still wasting keystrokes on these heartless fakkits.

I'm done talking about this team until the draft.

:pacspit:

Damn so angry :whoa: why not just agree to disagree? :pachaha:

Playa With Tha Passport

Mr International
Daps
Reppin
University City
We're not worthy of his greatness :mjcry:

If knew he was gonna be great, but I'm the fake fan because how dare I root for the Jets to lose even though it would make us better in the long run :aicmon:

Funny thing was I mentioned that and how great it would have been to have an awesome QB like Winston. And some Jets fan said (and he was dead serious too) "Who needs him! We have Fitzpatrick!"

I was tempted to slap the shyt outta him right then and there :pacspit:

nikka stop ...

Jameis not great

He's solid

Just a overweight turnover prone qb with a big arm..

Mariota is way better

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Can't believe you guys are still wasting keystrokes on these heartless fakkits.

I'm done talking about this team until the draft.

:pacspit:
:russ:
Great vengeance and furious anger.
There's plenty to speculate about til the draft. What I'm tired of reading is the Fitzpatrick vs Geno thing. That shyt is getting annoying.
Geno isn't going anywhere this year. He'll be here on the cheap. He'll get the chance to beat out Fitz in training camp. If he can, he will. If not, then he won't.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think so. Geno was gonna start till IK broke his jaw then Fitz took over and never really played poorly enough to get replaced. From all accounts both Maccagnan and Bowles want Fitz back to start next year... Geno is a holdover from Izdik's regime, he might still be on the roster in 2016 as he's still on his rookie contract(i.e. cheap), but I seriously doubt he ever starts another game for the Jets barring injury

There is obviously something stupid and political going on behind the scenes. Geno was pronounced starter at the start of the season then lost his job because of injury. We're not going to make the playoffs with Fitz so I don't know why Geno isn't starting. @Brady-Carter

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
There is obviously something stupid and political going on behind the scenes. Geno was pronounced starter at the start of the season then lost his job because of injury. We're not going to make the playoffs with Fitz so I don't know why Geno isn't starting. @Brady-Carter
Well, everyone acknowledges that Fitz developed a rapport and connection with the offense during the time he was initially supposed to be subbing for Geno. Weren't they like 3-1 when Geno was supposed to return or something like that? Why disrupt the element. Plus, it wasn't like Fitz didn't do anything with them. Sounds like he put in starter level prep with them. I get wanting to see what Geno can do with this current incarnation of our offense. That's why I'll reserve judgment until tc. Of course Bowles will name Fitz starter for now.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
:russ:
Great vengeance and furious anger.
There's plenty to speculate about til the draft. What I'm tired of reading is the Fitzpatrick vs Geno thing. That shyt is getting annoying.
Geno isn't going anywhere this year. He'll be here on the cheap. He'll get the chance to beat out Fitz in training camp. If he can, he will. If not, then he won't.

In the event Geno is on the roster next year he'll get preseason reps and everyone can see how he looks. In my opinion he's a backup, but maybe in wrong.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It's not that I am ecstatic about Fitz. I would love for the jets to have a top 5 elite qb for the first time in my life. But those guys don't grow on trees and I'm not gonna be bitter everytime we choose mediocre qb A over mediocre qb B.
Mediocre qb whos young and has upside with the ability to improve will always be better than mediocre qb whos old,has reached his ceiling and will never get us to the playoffs.

Your team should always be trying to improve. Sometimes,hell,a lot of time those young players wont work out. Maybe due to coaching or they just never had it. But at least you took the chance and tried to improve.

Starting guys like fitz accomplishes nothing. He had his chance and proved once and for all what most of us said all season. He isnt good enough. On the biggest stage with the team in his hands he shyt the bed and showed exactly who he is.

This isnt geno vs fitz, this is logic.

I dont care that we went from 4-12 to 10-6 when the only real difference is a worse draft position. Thats all fitz gets you. Who the fukk wants that? Why would anyone clamor for failure?

Might as well just fire bowles and hire jeff fisher so we can just stay as a middle of the pack team.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Mediocre qb whos young and has upside with the ability to improve will always be better than mediocre qb whos old,has reached his ceiling and will never get us to the playoffs.

Your team should always be trying to improve. Sometimes,hell,a lot of time those young players wont work out. Maybe due to coaching or they just never had it. But at least you took the chance and tried to improve.

Starting guys like fitz accomplishes nothing. He had his chance and proved once and for all what most of us said all season. He isnt good enough. On the biggest stage with the team in his hands he shyt the bed and showed exactly who he is.

This isnt geno vs fitz, this is logic.

I dont care that we went from 4-12 to 10-6 when the only real difference is a worse draft position. Thats all fitz gets you. Who the fukk wants that? Why would anyone clamor for failure?

Might as well just fire bowles and hire jeff fisher so we can just stay as a middle of the pack team.

Ok fam I'm not disagreeing that Geno has a bigger potential ceiling than Fitz. That is logical. My point is that we can't change the team's mindset. They think they can win now with Fitz and the players are (at least it seems) all in on Fitz. So unless Geno comes into camp looking like cam newton or Aaron Rodgers all of a sudden, we most likely gonna see Fitz. Now at that point as a fan the only choice u have is get over it and cheer for your team and it's qb and hope for the best or stay angry and bitter at something u have absolutely NO control over.

This past off season I was excited reading about Brandon Marshall building rapport with Geno and I was not among those fans who thought IK did us a favor because I was honestly looking forward to seeing if Geno would evolve with these new weapons. But those are the breaks b. If Geno had blown Fitz out the water in training camp then the job would have been his as soon as he had healed even if the jets were 5-0 but only thing Geno accomplished in camp with these weapons was playing good enough to not lose his job. Granted it wasn't enough time to prove much but these coaches are there everyday and among us the most informed fan only has a season pass and an all 22 pass and a twitter account. So they know and saw shyt we didn't. It's beating a dead horse at this point.

I honestly hope Geno can snatch the starting job this August because I want to see deep passes that Fitz just can't provide but if he can't beat him out then I just have to watch the season and hope for the best with fitz. There really is no choice.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Ok fam I'm not disagreeing that Geno has a bigger potential ceiling than Fitz. That is logical. My point is that we can't change the team's mindset. They think they can win now with Fitz and the players are (at least it seems) all in on Fitz. So unless Geno comes into camp looking like cam newton or Aaron Rodgers all of a sudden, we most likely gonna see Fitz. Now at that point as a fan the only choice u have is get over it and cheer for your team and it's qb and hope for the best or stay angry and bitter at something u have absolutely NO control over.

This past off season I was excited reading about Brandon Marshall building rapport with Geno and I was not among those fans who thought IK did us a favor because I was honestly looking forward to seeing if Geno would evolve with these new weapons. But those are the breaks b. If Geno had blown Fitz out the water in training camp then the job would have been his as soon as he had healed even if the jets were 5-0 but only thing Geno accomplished in camp with these weapons was playing good enough to not lose his job. Granted it wasn't enough time to prove much but these coaches are there everyday and among us the most informed fan only has a season pass and an all 22 pass and a twitter account. So they know and saw shyt we didn't. It's beating a dead horse at this point.

I honestly hope Geno can snatch the starting job this August because I want to see deep passes that Fitz just can't provide but if he can't beat him out then I just have to watch the season and hope for the best with fitz. There really is no choice.
There is no hope with fitz.

Like I said before,if fitz is handed the starting job again I wont be watching. It lets me know the staff is dumb enough to think fitz can win and I might as well just sit this out until their eventual firing and another rebuild.

And I dont care if it's geno getting the chance. He probably wont. But id rather take a chance on someone like bradford or kaep or griffin then watch this noodle armed fakkit.

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY

Agreed 110%

Like I said before,if fitz is handed the starting job again I wont be watching. It lets me know the staff is dumb enough to think fitz can win and I might as well just sit this out until their eventual firing and another rebuild.

And I dont care if it's geno getting the chance. He probably wont. But id rather take a chance on someone like bradford or kaep or griffin then watch this noodle armed fakkit.
Agree with this as well. But, I think that goes for all players. No one should be handed a starting position.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

To each his own but no matter how bad things get I'm always glued to the TV every September cheering for every member of my team. Only time I stop watching is when all hopes of playoffs are lost and even then I still peek in to take a look at the youngsters.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
To each his own but no matter how bad things get I'm always glued to the TV every September cheering for every member of my team. Only time I stop watching is when all hopes of playoffs are lost and even then I still peek in to take a look at the youngsters.

Pretty much. 10 wins gets you in I think 85% of the time. Just one of those years. It was nice actually watching a real offense for once.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

I don't care how well the qb did at training camp. You miss all 4 pre season game and 4 regular season games with a team being 4-0 at qb, you really think anyone is thinking about what that qb did in the summer? :childplease:

Man please. Training camp was off everyone's mind by then.

Reading the tweets and even hearing Lucus and Westhoff, Geno was beating the breaks off Fitz in camp. But no way would any coach sit down a player who had pre season and 4-0 regular season for a guy with no reps.

Stop it