You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
i had fun watching the team this year. scoring touchdowns was a huge part of that. fitz didn't do the heavy lifting but i think he did the best he could do. he gave it 100% this season. i'm giving him credit for that. what's not to get? i'm not commending him for being the greatest qb in the world. but when you hear bmarsh and decker talk about fitz, it's clear that he puts a lot of time into being a quarterback.

it's easy to look back now after missing out on playoffs to say that you'd take more losses with geno than fitz. but if you were asked before the season, would you rather win 8 games with geno or 10 games with fitz? isn't fitz the right answer?

and 2 games is a lot when it means going from 8 to 10. that's the leap from mediocrity to playoffs.
I would rather 8 games and no playoffs with Petty or Geno than 10 games and no playoffs with Fitz. Fitz is at his ceiling. The younger guys would show more potential with hopes to improve.

There is none with Fitz. We are using a stop gap qb as a bigger than needed band aid

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
I would rather 8 games and no playoffs with Petty or Geno than 10 games and no playoffs with Fitz. Fitz is at his ceiling. The younger guys would show more potential with hopes to improve.

There is none with Fitz. We are using a stop gap qb as a bigger than needed band aid

i think people are being extra sensitive about anything remotely positive being said about fitz.

fitz is an extremely limited quarterback. with his limited capabilities, he managed to have a career year. the jets won 10 games. i believe he deserves some of that credit. not a lot. but some.

geno got screwed. no doubt about it. i'm curious to see what he would look like with marshall and decker too. but he'll be back next spring to show off what he can do. it's not really as tragic as some of you guys are making it out to be.

NYC Rebel

Daps
i think people are being extra sensitive about anything remotely positive being said about fitz.

fitz is an extremely limited quarterback. with his limited capabilities, he managed to have a career year. the jets won 10 games. i believe he deserves some of that credit. not a lot. but some.

geno got screwed. no doubt about it. i'm curious to see what he would look like with marshall and decker too. but he'll be back next spring to show off what he can do. it's not really as tragic as some of you guys are making it out to be.
I don't care about the Geno getting screwed thing. He got punched, and the team was right in keeping the continuity alive with Fitz and the receivers.

This isn't "sensitive" about giving Fitz props. Ok...props to Fitz. Now what changes about my point? Zero higher ceiling, same mediocrity at the expense of younger potential.

Like I said...jets fans enjoy being entertained more than potential. I'm persoanally tired of us putting stock in stop gap successes

Last edited:

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
I don't care about the Geno getting screwed thing. He got punched, and the team wa weight in keeping the continuity alive with Firz and the receivers.

This isn't "sensitive" about giving Fitz props. Ok...props to Fitz. Now what changes about my point? Zero higher ceiling, same mediocrity at the expense of younger potential.

Like I said...jets fans enjoy being entertained more than potential. I'm persoanally tired of us putting stock in stop gap successes

you're not gonna fool me into defending ryan fukking fitzpatrick :russ:

i have absolutely no illusions about what ryan fitzpatrick is. trust me on this. we are on the same exact side.

all i said in my original post was i gave him some credit for the team's success this year. you took an issue with that.

fitz is trash breh :ufdup:

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
Fitzpatrick is trash yet you wanna condemn other Jet fans who want to see what we have in Geno when he has weapons. If he's trash then fine I don't want him to start because he's black I just want to see if he's our guy or not.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Fitzpatrick is trash yet you wanna condemn other Jet fans who want to see what we have in Geno when he has weapons. If he's trash then fine I don't want him to start because he's black I just want to see if he's our guy or not.

Yup

Dudes refuse to accept the "see if he's our guy or not" part, turning it into "you guys think he's great! "

Just say you believe Geno had his chance starting the year he shouldn't have and that the weapons :heh: and coaching around him gave him his shot.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yup

Dudes refuse to accept the "see if he's our guy or not" part, turning it into "you guys think he's great! "

Just say you believe Geno had his chance starting the year he shouldn't have and that the weapons :heh: and coaching around him gave him his shot.
If geno was white Id still prefer him starting since hes young and has the physical tools and more upside. Its about youth,the future and seeing what you have. And even though I dont believe petty is the answer Id still take him over fitz for that reason.

But the same dudes saying you just want geno because hes black are the same ones that attack every black players intelligence any time they make a mistake.:mjpls:

Geno takes a big hit scrambling hes an idiot. Fitz does and hes a gutsy leader. shyt would be funny if it wasnt so pathetic.

NYC Rebel

Daps
If geno was white Id still prefer him starting since hes young and has the physical tools and more upside. Its about youth,the future and seeing what you have. And even though I dont believe petty is the answer Id still take him over fitz for that reason.

But the same dudes saying you just want geno because hes black are the same ones that attack every black players intelligence any time they make a mistake.:mjpls:

Geno takes a big hit scrambling hes an idiot. Fitz does and hes a gutsy leader. shyt would be funny if it wasnt so pathetic.
I just read a dude blame Geno and the Raiders game for the Jets not going to the playoffs. :russ:

image.jpg

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I just read a dude blame Geno and the Raiders game for the Jets not going to the playoffs. :russ:

image.jpg
Blame geno lmfao. Yes it was geno that lost twice to the bills throwing 5 picks in 2 games.

But according to trip we are just making this stuff up in our heads.

Even mckelvin of the bills was like "we knew fitz would be fitz" :mjlol:

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
If geno was white Id still prefer him starting since hes young and has the physical tools and more upside.c.

The only thing accurate about this statement is he's young. Geno isnt very talented, I dont know what makes you think otherwise. Arm is meh(with a windup), pocket awareness is brutal, slow release, not accurate. I dont get the fascination. Fitzpatrick's the better player.

I posted this earlier in the year- no opinion...just data and trends:
Last year, Smith was at or near the bottom of the league for most major passing statistics, and the Jets were at or near the bottom for all team passing metrics. Smith completed just 60% of his passes with 13 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. His DVOA of -12.5 and his DYAR of -33 both finished 30th among the 37 QB's with at least 200 pass attempts. (Vick was even worse)

So which kind of QB is Geno Smith? Bad with potential? Or just plain bad? Unfortunately two years of poor play on Smith's resume is probably enough for us to know the answer is the latter. In his first two seasons in the league, Smith has ranked 37th and 30th in DVOA, and history tells us very few QB's who have begun their careers in similar fashion are capable of rounding into something resembling a competitive NFL starter. It's been almost 25 years since any QB other than Alex Smith developed into a quality starter after beginning his career with two seasons below replacement level and that even assumes you view Smith as a quality starter. Smith improved down the stretch, but even that improvement was just one game: an improbable Week 17 performance that came out with 14.3 yards per attempt and a perfect 158.3 rating. Without that game, even Smith's improved December still resulted in a passing DVOA of -3.4%.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps

is this in reply to me? because I've said none of that.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fitz played much better then anyone could have hoped but there is a ceiling with guys like him that won't get you over the hump. So until you have a qb your still far away.
I'm extremely against drafting rbs high but are any of these guys like Elliot close to first round talents? If were gonna have Fitz for another year or so might as well try to give him a beast back to try to limit his mistakes.

NYC Rebel

Daps
The only thing accurate about this statement is he's young. Geno isnt very talented, I dont know what makes you think otherwise. Arm is meh(with a windup), pocket awareness is brutal, slow release, not accurate. I dont get the fascination. Fitzpatrick's the better player.

I posted this earlier in the year- no opinion...just data and trends:
Last year, Smith was at or near the bottom of the league for most major passing statistics, and the Jets were at or near the bottom for all team passing metrics. Smith completed just 60% of his passes with 13 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. His DVOA of -12.5 and his DYAR of -33 both finished 30th among the 37 QB's with at least 200 pass attempts. (Vick was even worse)

So which kind of QB is Geno Smith? Bad with potential? Or just plain bad? Unfortunately two years of poor play on Smith's resume is probably enough for us to know the answer is the latter. In his first two seasons in the league, Smith has ranked 37th and 30th in DVOA, and history tells us very few QB's who have begun their careers in similar fashion are capable of rounding into something resembling a competitive NFL starter. It's been almost 25 years since any QB other than Alex Smith developed into a quality starter after beginning his career with two seasons below replacement level and that even assumes you view Smith as a quality starter. Smith improved down the stretch, but even that improvement was just one game: an improbable Week 17 performance that came out with 14.3 yards per attempt and a perfect 158.3 rating. Without that game, even Smith's improved December still resulted in a passing DVOA of -3.4%.
The same site had its creators gushing over his upside after his play second half of last season. You're exaggerating the slow release and his arm is "meh? Dude has a cannon. I agree with the pocket awareness though. It did get better towards the end of last season.

I want to see what he's capable of doing because he had shyt coaching and players around him