You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
The same site had its creators gushing over his upside after his play second half of last season. You're exaggerating the slow release and his arm is "meh? Dude has a cannon. I agree with the pocket awareness though. It did get better towards the end of last season.

I want to see what he's capable of doing because he had shyt coaching and players around him

None of the FO editors ever gushed about Geno. That's directly out of their 2015 almanac.

And yes his release is sloooow.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
None of the FO editors ever gushed about Geno. That's directly out of their 2015 almanac.

And yes his release is sloooow.
Two of the FO editors follow me on Twitter. This is one of them:

^^^
Eventually happened

I guess they're not the gospel To you now that one of them agrees with me.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Fahey isn't an editor just a contributor. He isn't calculating any of their stats or anything.

The funny thing about that Geno articles as Schatz correctly points out is their numbers clearly view Fitz as the superior player. We can use conjecture to form options on Geno but when compared to the rest of the leagues QB's he's been bottom 3.

Schatz and Kacsmar are the two DYAR and DVOA guys. Both are on Twitter.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Fahey isn't an editor just a contributor. He isn't calculating any of their stats or anything.

The funny thing about that Geno articles as Schatz correctly points out is their numbers clearly view Fitz as the superior player. We can use conjecture to form options on Geno but when compared to the rest of the leagues QB's he's been bottom 3.

Schatz and Kacsmar are the two DYAR and DVOA guys. Both are on Twitter.
I'm not for dataminers. I'll take the film review guys over dataminers

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I'm not for dataminers. I'll take the film review guys over dataminers

Everyone uses data....the FO guys watch every game. Whats cool about the stats is that it keeps it in conext with all of the other starters. It's easy just to watch Geno's film and find the positive plays and come to the conclusion that he has "potential"...but its the whole body of work that's compared to the other QB's that doesnt paint him in a good light.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Everyone uses data....the FO guys watch every game. Whats cool about the stats is that it keeps it in conext with all of the other starters. It's easy just to watch Geno's film and find the positive plays and come to the conclusion that he has "potential"...but its the whole body of work that's compared to the other QB's that doesnt paint him in a good light.
Datamined compilers tend to be less nuanced about the understanding of the game and go mostly by analytics. They're not the ones telling a qb resets in the pocket or other things.
They make those who don't watch games feel as if they can speak on it

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Datamined compilers tend to be less nuanced about the understanding of the game and go mostly by analytics. They're not the ones telling a qb resets in the pocket or other things.
They make those who don't watch games feel as if they can speak on it

DVOA and DYAR are the most nuanced stats out there in terms of regression. Each variable carries a different weight...the only constant tends to be the QB.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
sports talk on the internet is so different sometimes :russ:

Very true, if I said this in public people would think I was an alien lol. But FO's Almanac has been a total game changer for me...the efficiency stats for teams and QB's are top notch imo.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Bowles on Mike saying it was alot of blown coverages underneath on Watkins
Bowles gameplan sucked the entire game. It was cold and windy why the fukk were we throwing so much? Why was ivory sitting when he was healthy? Why wasnt watkins double teamed after repeatedly burning us?

It was a shytty game top to bottom. From players to coaches they all choked.

NYC Rebel

Daps
DVOA and DYAR are the most nuanced stats out there in terms of regression. Each variable carries a different weight...the only constant tends to be the QB.
There will always be a disconnect. No numbers can give you everything about how one plays.