You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I was in Morgantown when they played my school.

And they went with him be issue he got hurt. If the Jets plan to keep Fitz at the helm, I think it's a mistake because all he offers is barley mediocre. I want to see Geno or even Petty get a chance to see if they can get past mediocrity

Do you think Bowles or Maccagnan thinks Fitzpatrick is the future of the franchise? Because I dont. The Geno ship has sailed...you guys need to get over this. He was a second round pick that was a decent college player. Clemens didnt get stanned like this...I dont get the fascination. Once Clemens went in everyone realized he sucked and moved on.

Like I said earlier yeah the schedule will be tougher next year, but our entire division has to play that schedule...generally 10 wins gets you in, 9 w ins may very well do it next year...and our special teams cannot get any worse. Fitz is capable of putting together another decent year.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
But wait which is it? Geno didnt have weapons and he got the benefit of the doubt and if he has Marshall and throws 32 TDs he still gets questioned?
Don't you remember when I used to shyt on Thomas Jones bum ass even when he was rushing for 1,500 yards and 3rd in the NFL in rushing? This dude did it breaking no tacklers and lived off of great line play. I don't care about stats. If you show limited qualities within those great stats, I'm still gonna call you suspect

NYC Rebel

Daps
Do you think Bowles or Maccagnan thinks Fitzpatrick is the future of the franchise? Because I dont. The Geno ship has sailed...you guys need to get over this. He was a second round pick that was a decent college player. Clemens didnt get stanned like this...I dont get the fascination. Once Clemens went in everyone realized he sucked and moved on.

Like I said earlier yeah the schedule will be tougher next year, but our entire division has to play that schedule...generally 10 wins gets you in, 9 w ins may very well do it next year...and our special teams cannot get any worse. Fitz is capable of putting together another decent year.
I don't think it's likely of another season like this. Marshall a year older. The NFLs easiest schedule no longer there. An o-line in flux.

Good luck with that belief bro. I don't see it.

Second, since when does "give someone a chance" = equal being stanned? How many times do we have to tell dumb ass Jets fans that we don't know what he could do that you turn it into stanning? fukk outta here with that

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I don't think it's likely of another season like this. Marshall a year older. The NFLs easiest schedule no longer there. An o-line in flux.

Good luck with that belief bro. I don't see it.

There are no certainties in the NFL, other than the Patriots winning games. The new regime is brand new...they havent given me any reason not to be patient.

If the special teams are still abysmal next year I'll start getting on Bowles.

NYC Rebel

Daps
There are no certainties in the NFL, other than the Patriots winning games. The new regime is brand new...they havent given me any reason not to be patient.

If the special teams are still abysmal next year I'll start getting on Bowles.
Patient with Fitz? That's his ceiling. Marshall may have seen his last great year . I'm not relying on someone his age to replicate what he did this year.

Fitz is a linear move with no place left to go but down set to placate an idiot fanbase satisfied with losing with style, not potential.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Patient with Fitz? That's his ceiling. Marshall may have seen his last great year . I'm not relying on someone his age to replicate what he did this year.

Fitz is a linear move with no place left to go but down set to placate an idiot fanbase satisfied with losing with style, not potential.

I meant patient with the GM and Coach. If they give Fitzpatrick a 4 or 5 year deal then yeah Im going to flog them...but he's going to get a 2 year deal with possibly a 3rd year option. I think there's a 100% chance they draft a QB this year as well. I'm fairly certain they know that's the position they have to get in order longterm...

Marshalls showed no signs of slowing down at all this year.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Exactly what did I question?

The answer, if those 32 tds came with Marshall doing most of the work and it came with on one read. Did you intentionally miss that part?

Ya full of shyt. U were ready to crown Geno the future because of a few throws and u gonna tell me u gonna question him if he has a superstar wide receiver doing work and a coordinator molding the game plan to his strengths? :russ: Yea ok

NYC Rebel

Daps
Ya full of shyt. U were ready to crown Geno the future because of a few throws and u gonna tell me u gonna question him if he has a superstar wide receiver doing work and a coordinator molding the game plan to his strengths? :russ: Yea ok
I'm full of shyt? Notice you didn't quote my Thomas Jones example.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I'm full of shyt? Notice you didn't quote my Thomas Jones example.

Didn't see that post til now but no I don't listen to your podcast or follow u on Twitter so I don't remember your thoughts on Thomas Jones.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Jones was certainly limited as a back, but brought a lot of good things to the locker room....not all that dissimilar from Fitzpatrick tbh.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Didn't see that post til now but no I don't listen to your podcast or follow u on Twitter so I don't remember your thoughts on Thomas Jones.
That dude was trash. I always said he was held up by our line play. The same way Jets fans were fans of Shonn Greene. I don't care what your yards show. When it's being held up by others, I'm calling you on it. Don't care if it's Geno or not

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/god-...jets-season-thread.31055/page-37#post-1675860

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
The worst part is that we gotta pay Fitz to have him back.

Josh McCown 2 years 10 mil from Tampa
Brian Hoyer got 2 years 10 mil from Houston
Nick Foles got 2 years 24 mil from St. Louis

Fitz probably wanna get close to what Foles got. We don't have the large amount of cap space we had before, not trying to see us spend too much on Fitz

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
worst case scenario is signing fitz for anything longer than 2 years. even 2 years is hard to stomach.

geno is back next year. if he can't beat out fitz in spring training then :yeshrug:

fitz ain't shyt.. but he still played his ass off this year, relatively speaking. he hit his ceiling.. so i'll give him his due for that :yeshrug:

NYC Rebel

Daps
worst case scenario is signing fitz for anything longer than 2 years. even 2 years is hard to stomach.

geno is back next year. if he can't beat out fitz in spring training then :yeshrug:

fitz ain't shyt.. but he still played his ass off this year, relatively speaking. he hit his ceiling.. so i'll give him his due for that :yeshrug:
What's his due? I don't get that. He was carried by clean play design and Brandon Marshall. We won two more games than we did in 2013 but Jets fans enjoy losing in style, not potential. I would be much happier with one or two less wins with Petty or Geno showing potential for the 2016 season than I am now being happy with a journeyman who probably reached his ceiling this year.

This schedule is brutal.

10623110_10206835100449018_6887889486590980398_n.jpg

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
What's his due? I don't get that. He was carried by clean play design and Brandon Marshall. We won two more games than we did in 2013 but Jets fans enjoy losing in style, not potential. I would be much happier with one or two less wins with Petty or Geno showing potential for the 2016 season than I am now being happy with a journeyman who probably reached his ceiling this year.

This schedule is brutal.

i had fun watching the team this year. scoring touchdowns was a huge part of that. fitz didn't do the heavy lifting but i think he did the best he could do. he gave it 100% this season. i'm giving him credit for that. what's not to get? i'm not commending him for being the greatest qb in the world. but when you hear bmarsh and decker talk about fitz, it's clear that he puts a lot of time into being a quarterback.

it's easy to look back now after missing out on playoffs to say that you'd take more losses with geno than fitz. but if you were asked before the season, would you rather win 8 games with geno or 10 games with fitz? isn't fitz the right answer?

and 2 games is a lot when it means going from 8 to 10. that's the leap from mediocrity to playoffs.