You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Giving Fitzpatrick zero credit for anything just makes you look silly. Decker and Marshall were great this year, no doubt...but literally the entire offense was the three of those guys the entire second half of the year. Everything rested on the three of them putting up points. Fitz accounted for 33 TD's over 15 games...28 of the 31 TD passes went to Marshall and Decker.

And? We basically didn't play any teams over .500 except the Pats. Fitz just feasted with his revamped Gailey system on weak defenses and faltered against better ones. Opportunism and handicap are words that define Fitz's 31 TD passes this season. Fitz gets as much credit as any system QB gets for doing just enough.

The running game disappeared for most of the second half...the offense was the only offense in the league to score two TD's every game this year...and we got 0 special teams or defensive TD's on the year, which is kinda crazy. If we can even it out a bit next year, more balanced...upgrade the line and find some more backs and possibly a decent 3rd receiving option...we'll be ok.

Just something with this defense being immune to pick 6's or scoop and scores.

Taylor didn't have much of a running game in the second half either yet won the game. Franchise QB have their running games dry up occasionally and win their games. The line is fine. Fitz had time today; he just didn't deliver. Even if we upgraded the line and got some backs, Fitz still couldn't lead us to the playoffs and to the Superbowl. He lacks the talent on tape. Saying you want us to build around him is like saying you want us to build around Matthew Delladova's game.

Delladova had a good Finals' campaign on account of all the talent around him but he simply lacks the talent to be a starting point guard. We need a Kyrie Irving not a Delladova.

Last edited:

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
And? We basically didn't play any teams over .500 except the Pats. Fitz just feasted with his revamped Gailey system on weak defenses and faltered against better ones. Opportunism and handicap are words that define Fitz's 31 TD passes this season. Fitz gets as much credit as any system QB gets for doing just enough.

Taylor didn't have much of a running game in the second half either yet won the game. Franchise QB have their running games dry up occasionally and win their games. The line is fine. Fitz had time today; he just didn't deliver. Even if we upgraded the line and got some backs, Fitz still couldn't lead us to the playoffs and to the Superbowl. He lacks the talent.

My point was we probably asked Fitzpatrick to do too much. The entire team was basically Fitz and Marshall the second half of the year with Decker sprinkled in. The running game was poor most of the season, especially the second half. We got pretty much everything out of this passing offense you could ask for this year.

For the Jets to get far in the playoffs without the franchise QB(who's not out there)...we're going to need a more balanced attack and better special teams...and probably that true elite edge rusher. Watching CLay Matthews and Von Miller just makes that Revis contract look absurd...he just doenst have enough impact on a game.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which one of the d tackles are yall letting go into free agency? Wilkerson or the nose tackle?

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
fitz success this year is due to the fact he had a top 10 receiver in MArshall, and a top 20-25 guy in Decker.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My point was we probably asked Fitzpatrick to do too much. The entire team was basically Fitz and Marshall the second half of the year with Decker sprinkled in. The running game was poor most of the season, especially the second half. We got pretty much everything out of this passing offense you could ask for this year.

For the Jets to get far in the playoffs without the franchise QB(who's not out there)...we're going to need a more balanced attack and better special teams...and probably that true elite edge rusher. Watching CLay Matthews and Von Miller just makes that Revis contract look absurd...he just doenst have enough impact on a game.

If Fitz can't play at a franchise QB level, he simply shouldn't play. Like I said, there is simply no amount of realistic support that will ever get this team to the Superbowl with Fitz. If we had a franchise QB, Revis' play is enough to get us to the Superbowl like is what happened in New England. Revis is a proven winner. Fitz is not.

We need to keep looking and play new QBs to see if they can do what Fitz cannot (or else possesses the physical tools to overcome).

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Time makes the heart grow fonder. I swear the more time a player is out the more people make them seem like like future HOF. You would think Geno fukkin Smith was Joe Montana.

Geno's basically Kellen Clemens in terms of talent...he'll bounce around for a bit I'm sure. Not sure where he ends up though...

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Mac is smart enough to find an Upgrade at QB. He was smart enough to bring in Fitz as reinforcement for Geno ... He'll find an alternative.

There's going to be plenty of Player turnover at the QB position. Bring in the cokehead if they have too.

The fukking Bills have a Better QB
than we do and he's being held back by the idiot coaching staff.
As a Bills fan that is incredibly debatable. I'd say we are equally shyt.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Time makes the heart grow fonder. I swear the more time a player is out the more people make them seem like like future HOF. You would think Geno fukkin Smith was Joe Montana.

Not at all. But he was developing and playing well with weapons. The problem I see with some Bills fans is that they think Geno is so horrid after seeing him play like one bad game against them. I don't know why.

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
My point was we probably asked Fitzpatrick to do too much. The entire team was basically Fitz and Marshall the second half of the year with Decker sprinkled in. The running game was poor most of the season, especially the second half. We got pretty much everything out of this passing offense you could ask for this

I stopped it right there, QB has to be able to put the team on his back

The QB has to be able to bail a team out. Every game the Jets were down 10 more pts this season they lost except the Giants game (because Giants defense is lolz)

Buffalo 2X, Philly, and Houston. Had a chance to win all 4 of those game. He played god awful, defense bended but didn't break and the Jets had the ball with 2 min to go to win each one of those games.

Win one of those games and the Jets would have been playing for a 1st Round BYE this week.

Fitz needs the down and distance to be effective as well as the score. The reason we run with Stephen fukking Ridley on 1st down is because the coaches know.

Couldn't even utilize Devin Smith

The Jets got 1 more year with this D and the WRs. Make the most of it and Bowles scheme works best when you have a lead look at how Arizona puts teams away.

Rivers, Brees, Stafford, Cutler, Griffin and Bradford all are upgrades.

Chan is very good OC and Fitz even admitted that they had to reel the offense back in the 1st half of the season.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Geno's basically Kellen Clemens in terms of talent...he'll bounce around for a bit I'm sure. Not sure where he ends up though...
I don't think so. He's more talented than Kellen, then again, you hold it against Geno for playing in a season he shouldn't have and with a shytty core and coaching staff

NYC Rebel

Daps
Who in here called Geno great? :mindblown:

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
I don't think Mo would mind a Franchise Tag after the Broken leg

Big Snacks is likely gone

If we need an edge rusher. Mario Williams is on the wrong side of 30 might be able to nab him in a 2 year deal.

Revis isn't 2009 circa but he still had 9 takeaways in 14 games.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I don't think Mo would mind a Franchise Tag after the Broken leg

Big Snacks is likely gone

If we need an edge rusher. Mario Williams is on the wrong side of 30 might be able to nab him in a 2 year deal.

Revis isn't 2009 circa but he still had 9 takeaways in 14 games.
Mauldin is pretty good. He was getting at it in the second half of the season