You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
30 TDs and 15 picks and 10 wins is about as good as Fitz can give u and he did that this year :manny: I mean I get that he shot the season in the head today but he gave us what he could this year. Ya can say anybody could do that with those WRs but I'm sure there have been plenty of teams with great tandem wide outs who got worse qb play than what Fitz gave us so he deserves SOME credit.

Yea a top 5 defense who couldn't get off the field on 3rd down today.

A top 10 rushing game that fell off the 2nd half of the year.

Let's not act like we deserved to be in the playoffs and it got taken away by the evil cac qb. If the defense plays up to its potential and the rushing attack is on point then we would be talking about 1st round match ups because Fitz wouldn't have had to throw so much and try to be Tom Brady with his noodle arm.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
30 TDs and 15 picks and 10 wins is about as good as Fitz can give u and he did that this year :manny: I mean I get that he shot the season in the head today but he gave us what he could this year. Ya can say anybody could do that with those WRs but I'm sure there have been plenty of teams with great tandem wide outs who got worse qb play than what Fitz gave us so he deserves SOME credit.

Let's not act like we deserved to be in the playoffs and it got taken away by the evil cac qb. If the defense plays up to its potential and the rushing attack is on point then we would be talking about 1st round match ups because Fitz wouldn't have had to throw so much and try to be Tom Brady with his noodle arm.

The fact we were left with fukking Ridley and no one else today is mind boggling. How do we not at least bring someone in? Where was Powell anyway?

The third down defense was like death by paper cut.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL

Also cant be said enough how poor our special teams were all season. For as sharp the O and D were for most of the season...the special teams looked like that of a bad HS team. Horrible punter, absolute no return game to speak of...shoddy FG kicking...gave up 2 punts for TD's this year...had a fumble on KO returned for a TD. Cost us at least a game over the course of the year.

With the wind as bad as it was(esp in the first half)...field position killed us. Its why we got behind...that punt was inexcusable.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Much like everyone here I've seen pretty every throw he made this year and imo he played very well. There's no way you just plug someone young in and expect him to be as good. It ain't that easy
Dude wasn't making small window, 2nd and 3rd read throws man. Brandon's catch radius and Gailey's clean play design carried him along bro. I don't want to see 6 for 41 on throws longer than 20 yards again

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Dude wasn't making small window, 2nd and 3rd read throws man. Brandon's catch radius and Gailey's clean play design carried him along bro. I don't want to see 6 for 41 on throws longer than 20 yards again
No doubt those things helped him. I think he deserves some credit though. And I'm pretty sure we won't be able to find a better qb for next year. If we could find a better one I'd be all for getting rid of Fitz

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
All trash.

Which is why its looking like Fitzpatrick will be the guy to start with Petty and another draft pick in camp. I guess Matt Moore could be an option- he's played well in spurts.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If Fitz can't take us to a playoffs with the support he has and notwithstanding one of the easiest schedules in the NFL, he never almost certainly never will in this division. You want us to turn into Houston and give Fitz time like Houston gave Matt Schaub, who was better than Fitz is now. That was a waste of time for Houston and would be a waste of time for us. They never won anything with Schaub, who can read the whole field, and neither will we with Fitz, who largely can't.

To things into perspective for you, there has been no pocket passer QB in the last decade who has won a Superbowl that on tape has shown a weak arm like Fitz, can't read go through progressions like Fitz, and can't throw the deep ball like Fitz. All Superbowl winning QBs in the last decade have been able to some or all of the above. In other words, Fitz is a waste of time.

Fitz simply does not have the talent to make the playoffs, beat 4 of the NFL's best teams and win the Superbowl. He has too many limitations that take away from his efficacy as a QB.

Last edited:

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Giving Fitzpatrick zero credit for anything just makes you look silly. Decker and Marshall were great this year, no doubt...but literally the entire offense was the three of those guys the entire second half of the year. Everything rested on the three of them putting up points. Fitz accounted for 33 TD's over 15 games...28 of the 31 TD passes went to Marshall and Decker.

The running game disappeared for most of the second half...the offense was the only offense in the league to score two TD's every game this year...and we got 0 special teams or defensive TD's on the year, which is kinda crazy. If we can even it out a bit next year, more balanced...upgrade the line and find some more backs and possibly a decent 3rd receiving option...we'll be ok.

Just something with this defense being immune to pick 6's or scoop and scores.