You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Its not a matter of liking anyones contract or not. The fact is everybody we signed is over 30. This is a short window we are working with. How is signing all veteran players over the age of 30 a rebuild?

The draft is where you rebuild. Buying some extra wins and missing the playoffs hurts the rebuild,it doesnt help it.

Verdicts still out on the new regimes drafting ability.

Skrine and Carpenter both under 30. Cro is gone next season. You already said you liked the Revis signing. Who else? Marshall's been great. Gilchrist is under 30 too.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Yeah revis money could of went to Wilk you know a player on the rise. They did right move by getting Leornard because I believe they will franchise Wilk and than let him go and resign Sheldon.

Revis gotta go eventually don't matter to me this year or next.
So when Revis wasn't here what was the excuse for not paying him?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
We completely overhauled the front office and scouting department. How is it not year one?

You guys setting this season up to be a failure if we miss the playoffs so you can blame it on Fitzpatrick is cute though.
I haven't even mentioned Fitzpatrick. Not even once. I'm not opposed to bringing him back but that's mostly because there's nothing out there for him to transition towards. Fitz is hardly impacting any long term outlook for this team

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Skrine and Carpenter both under 30. Cro is gone next season. You already said you liked the Revis signing. Who else? Marshall's been great. Gilchrist is under 30 too.
We spent all that money to compete now. But if we dont make the playoffs what was the point? We are then an aging team with a worse draft pick. That makes the season a failure.

How does that help the rebuild we are apparently in?

I dont see this team as a rebuild at all. If you spend a bunch of money to buy a few extra wins just to worsen your draft position thats a sure fire way to fail at a rebuild. Might as well just call ourselves the dolphins.

We can still easily make the playoffs though and that makes all this moot.:manny:

We have enough talent on this team to make some noise in the playoffs.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
We spent all that money to compete now. But if we dont make the playoffs what was the point? We are then an aging team with a worse draft pick. That makes the season a failure.

How does that help the rebuild we are apparently in?

I dont see this team as a rebuild at all. If you spend a bunch of money to buy a few extra wins just to worsen your draft position thats a sure fire way to fail at a rebuild. Might as well just call ourselves the dolphins.

We can still easily make the playoffs though and that makes all this moot.:manny:

We have enough talent on this team to make some noise in the playoffs.

We spent the money because we had to. The only guy we spent money on that hasn't worked out really is Cro..and even he's had his moments.

And we didn't just sign a bunch of geezers like you tried to point out. Gilchrist, Skrine, Carpenter...even Henderson have all been solid and all under 30.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I haven't even mentioned Fitzpatrick. Not even once. I'm not opposed to bringing him back but that's mostly because there's nothing out there for him to transition towards. Fitz is hardly impacting any long term outlook for this team

You guys suddenly trying to paint this team as a win now Super Bowl or bust team is pretty transparent. We won 4 games last year. Our drafts have been abysmal. Have some patience and enjoy meaningful December football.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
You guys suddenly trying to paint this team as a win now Super Bowl or bust team is pretty transparent. We won 4 games last year. Our drafts have been abysmal. Have some patience and enjoy meaningful December football.
No. If anything we know it isn't a Super Bowl team which is why some here want a long term solution at QB, but regardless, because the drafts have been abysmal, that must be fixed before we can assume every halfway decent player here is expendable.

If the Jets could draft, develop and cultivate talent from within, we wouldn't be destined to go defense for the 7th or 8th straight year like they will in May

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
So youll be happy with missing the playoffs and having a worse draft pick?

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
No. If anything we know it isn't a Super Bowl team which is why some here want a long term solution at QB, but regardless, because the drafts have been abysmal, that must be fixed before we can assume every halfway decent player here is expendable.

Right. And this upcoming draft will be Maccagnans first with his scouting department-Bradway was still here for the 2015 draft.

Williams and Mauldin seem to be at least starters as well. Putting the cart before the horse a bit