You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I've already had it embedded in my head that we're not making the playoffs. And even if we do, we're not going very far. So the wins by KC and Pittsburgh don't even bother me :manny:

Looks like I'll be all in on :killacam: this winter :yeshrug:

Daps
They need a QB who can throw a spiral longer than 8 yards. That really is the only thing they're missing at this point. They're solid enough everywhere else to compete.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
He gets beat a lot now and getting beat by players not close to his level. Revis can't stick with fast or shifty receivers anymore. He can stick with physical receivers like Dez.

His contract would free up a lot. Hopefully we can develop some corners on back end of depth chart. Looks like Milliner will be a bust and Mcdougle is a waste. Walls is serviceable enough. We really gotta develop some talent there because Cro might be gone and Revis isn't what he use to be.
:laff: :laff: :laff:

Revis' contract is not preventing the Jets from drafting like a real NFL team

Marlostanfield.

High On That Ray Charles
Daps
:laff: :laff: :laff:

Revis' contract is not preventing the Jets from drafting like a real NFL team

Sure not helping Wilkerson and others. Wilk gotta get paid and Sheldon gotta get paid after next year. His contract isn't worth it.

We're paying him to be a lock down corner and he's not that anymore and he's only getting older. And we can't move him to safety long as Gilchrist is here.

I see no problem cutting ties after next season if they can't rework his contract.

I know jets fans love revis cause we haven't great talent in a long time but you can't let that blind you

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Sure not helping Wilkerson and others. Wilk gotta get paid and Sheldon gotta get paid after next year. His contract isn't worth it.

We're paying him to be a lock down corner and he's not that anymore and he's only getting older. And we can't move him to safety long as Gilchrist is here.

I see no problem cutting ties after next season if they can't rework his contract.
They can pay Wilkerson right now if they want to. They coulda paid him before the possibility of a Revis comeback was fathomable. If it's so obvious to the Jets that this D-Line should be together forever, don't use the 6th overall pick on depth.

When the Jets step their draft game up then we can act like fall back options are reasonable but they're not.

Marlostanfield.

High On That Ray Charles
Daps
They can pay Wilkerson right now if they want to. They coulda paid him before the possibility of a Revis comeback was fathomable. If it's so obvious to the Jets that this D-Line should be together forever, don't use the 6th overall pick on depth.

When the Jets step their draft game up then we can act like fall back options are reasonable but they're not.

And they didn't spent a lot of money on Revis and he's slowing down. Now we might to franchise wilk and than we gotta pay Sheldon after next season. I don't think we can keep both than Damon Harrison has to get paid too. Powell and Ivory free agents. This team is going to be different next year.

I feel we should get rid of some older players on the decline.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
And they didn't spent a lot of money on Revis and he's slowing down. Now we might to franchise wilk and than we gotta pay Sheldon after next season. I don't think we can keep both than Damon Harrison has to get paid too. Powell and Ivory free agents. This team is going to be different next year.

So knowing that you may or may not be able to pay the whole D-Line anyway, Revis doesn't affect that one bit.

The D-Line contract stuff has been here since Revis was getting released by Tampa Bay

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Would keeping Revis for one more year be feasible?

I mean we have enough cornerback depth for ages! We could use his skill and expertise for a bit longer.I still think Millie could develop well. Cro could go kick Rocks after this year.

Marlostanfield.

High On That Ray Charles
Daps
So knowing that you may or may not be able to pay the whole D-Line anyway, Revis doesn't affect that one bit.

The D-Line contract stuff has been here since Revis was getting released by Tampa Bay

Yeah revis money could of went to Wilk you know a player on the rise. They did right move by getting Leornard because I believe they will franchise Wilk and than let him go and resign Sheldon.

Revis gotta go eventually don't matter to me this year or next.

Marlostanfield.

High On That Ray Charles
Daps
Would keeping Revis for one more year be feasible?

I mean we have enough cornerback depth for ages! We could use his skill and expertise for a bit longer.I still think Millie could develop well. Cro could go kick Rocks after this year.

We really don't have real depth. Cor and Revis is up in age. I can't say besides Buster we have a legitimate starting corner. Marcus is good depth we have can't let good play in limited snaps say he can be a starter. Remember lots of jets fans got fooled by Darrin Walls because of that.

I think Milliner is done here unless he steps up next year and he's too injury prone.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Revis is staying as he should. Even if he has lost a step hes still at minumum a top 10 cb in the league. On top of that his work ethic and leadership is abgreat thing for the young guys.

I dont know why anyone would be giving up on milliner or mcdougle yet.

Its a numbers game. Mcdougle is the slot corner back up to skrine and thats where his future is hopefully taking over at some point.

Milliner has the talent i just dont know if hes ever going to be healthy. Either way hes better than a journeyman like walls. Guys like walls are expendable depth and easily replaceable. We all saw what happened last year with him starting.

Marcus williams looks like the truth,a viable #2. Hopefully they lock him up long term on a cheap deal.

Sheldon is going to be the odd man out I think. Mo has proven his worth. Hes kept his nose clean and played well. Snacks isnt a 3 down player and only good as a run stuffer. Hes not worth a huge contract. Leonard has slowly but surely been stepping his play and its showing. If sheldon hadnt gotten into trouble he probably was staying. Not anymore.

The QB position is up in the air. We shall see how these last 2 games play out.

Management can say whatever they like in public but this team right now is stacked with aging veteran talent. I dont know how anything less than playoffs isnt a failure. The core talent of this team is old.