You Know What I Claim: Jets Over Everythang! The Official 2015-16 Jets Thread

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Revis is staying as he should. Even if he has lost a step hes still at minumum a top 10 cb in the league. On top of that his work ethic and leadership is abgreat thing for the young guys.

I dont know why anyone would be giving up on milliner or mcdougle yet.

Its a numbers game. Mcdougle is the slot corner back up to skrine and thats where his future is hopefully taking over at some point.

Milliner has the talent i just dont know if hes ever going to be healthy. Either way hes better than a journeyman like walls. Guys like walls are expendable depth and easily replaceable. We all saw what happened last year with him starting.

Marcus williams looks like the truth,a viable #2. Hopefully they lock him up long term on a cheap deal.

Sheldon is going to be the odd man out I think. Mo has proven his worth. Hes kept his nose clean and played well. Snacks isnt a 3 down player and only good as a run stuffer. Hes not worth a huge contract. Leonard has slowly but surely been stepping his play and its showing. If sheldon hadnt gotten into trouble he probably was staying. Not anymore.

The QB position is up in the air. We shall see how these last 2 games play out.

Management can say whatever they like in public but this team right now is stacked with aging veteran talent. I dont know how anything less than playoffs isnt a failure. The core talent of this team is old.

This was year 1 of the rebuild. I'd say we're headed in the right direction.

Marlostanfield.

High On That Ray Charles
Daps

This team was built to win now for this year. We have a lot of oldest players and key free agents. Team will look very different next year.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Spending almost your entire cap on veteran players isnt a rebuild. Thats a team trying to compete NOW.

And IF we miss the playoffs what was it all for? A worse draft position that hurts the "rebuild"?

A lot of what happens next year is riding on what happens in the next 2 games.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Spending almost your entire cap on veteran players isnt a rebuild. Thats a team trying to compete NOW.

And IF we miss the playoffs what was it all for? A worse draft position that hurts the "rebuild"?

A lot of what happens next year is riding on what happens in the next 2 games.

We had to spend because we were so far under the cap. Whose contract don't you like?

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
This team was built to win now for this year. We have a lot of oldest players and key free agents. Team will look very different next year.

That's every team in the NFL though. This will be Macs first draft with his scouts. He's still brand new here.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Just win out and let the chips fall as they may. If we go 11-5 and miss the playoffs that's just shyt ass luck.

That's only happened twice in NFL history(Pats 2008, Denver mid 80s)

I think that something will happen; either the Jets lose to the Pats or the Chiefs slip up

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Teams turn over 25% of their roster every single year, that's just the way it is.

Marshall seems to be taking young pills. Decker is still young. We'll draft a back. The oline needs the overhaul. Mangold is still solid though and Carpenter is too.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
We had to spend because we were so far under the cap. Whose contract don't you like?
Its not a matter of liking anyones contract or not. The fact is everybody we signed is over 30. This is a short window we are working with. How is signing all veteran players over the age of 30 a rebuild?

The draft is where you rebuild. Buying some extra wins and missing the playoffs hurts the rebuild,it doesnt help it.

Verdicts still out on the new regimes drafting ability.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
This might be the third straight year you've said this

We completely overhauled the front office and scouting department. How is it not year one?

You guys setting this season up to be a failure if we miss the playoffs so you can blame it on Fitzpatrick is cute though.