Reppin
NULL
scorpio
scorp2.jpg

JBone4eva

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Not a believer in the sense that it dictates my existence, but a large portion of what I have read has been extremely accurate personality wise.

Aries by the way, April 4 (yay yayee)

matthew2777

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't people get moved into different signs or something a few years back?

Taurus by the way

no that was false

a later report corrected it

there has always been 2 different astrology, celestial and tropical...we all go by tropical..and that hasnt changed:whoo:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no-your-zodiac-sign-hasnt-changed/

No, your zodiac sign hasn't changed

Tattoo parlor owners must be salivating. An assertion in a Minneapolis Star Tribune article that our understanding of the zodiac is off by about a month - and that therefore people have been identifying themselves with the wrong sign - caught fire on the internet Thursday, and many folks are in an absolute panic on social media.

"If my zodiac symbol has been changed to a Libra, what am I supposed to do with my Scorpio tattoo?!?!," read one tweet Thursday.

Some vowed to get their tats removed. Others groaned about losing the sign with which they’ve identified themselves for years. The zodiac and related terms - including Ophiuchus, said to be a 13th and neglected sign - were trending Twitter topics much of Thursday.

But before astrology fans scrape the ink from their arms because they think they're now a Virgo instead of a Libra, they should consider this: If they adhered to the tropical zodiac - which, if they're a Westerner, they probably did – absolutely nothing has changed for them.

That's worth rephrasing: If you considered yourself a Cancer under the tropical zodiac last week, you're still a Cancer under the same zodiac this week.

That's because the tropical zodiac – which is fixed to seasons, and which Western astrology adheres to – differs from the sidereal zodiac – which is fixed to constellations and is followed more in the East, and is the type of zodiac to which the Star Tribune article ultimately refers.

Two zodiacs. That's nothing new.

"This story is born periodically as if someone has discovered some truth. It's not news," said Jeff Jawer, astrologer with Tarot.com.

The hubbub started with Sunday's Star Tribune article, which said the following: "The ancient Babylonians based zodiac signs on the constellation the sun was 'in' on the day a person was born. During the ensuing millenniums, the moon’s gravitational pull has made the Earth 'wobble' around its axis, creating about a one-month bump in the stars' alignment."

"When [astrologers] say that the sun is in Pisces, it’s really not in Pisces," Parke Kunkle, a board member of the Minnesota Planetarium Society, told the Star Tribune.

"Indeed," the article continued, "most horoscope readers who consider themselves Pisces are actually Aquarians." The article also asserts Scorpio's window lasts only seven days, and that a 13th constellation, Ophiuchus, used to be counted between Scorpio and Sagittarius but was discarded by the Babylonians because they wanted 12 signs per year.

True enough, Jawer says, the sun doesn't align with constellations at the same time of year that it did millennia ago. But that’s irrelevant for the tropical zodiac, codified for Western astrology by Ptolemy in the second century, he says.

In the tropical zodiac, the start of Aries is fixed to one equinox, and Libra the other.

"When we look at the astrology used in the Western world, the seasonally based astrology has not changed, was never oriented to the constellations, and stands as … has been stated for two millenniums," Jawer said.

People who put stock in astrology can ask whether they should adhere to the tropical zodiac or the sidereal zodiac. Jawer argues for the tropical.

"Astrology is geocentric. It relates life on Earth to the Earth’s environment, and seasons are the most dramatic effect, which is why we use the tropical zodiac," he said.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Keep in mind that astrology has been catergorized as a pseudoscience for a reason, just because your chart says one thing, that doesnt mean you will live out its predictions to a T because every person has free will. There are many other things to take into account, like genetics, upbringing and the environment a person inhabits and was raised in that shape a person.

Just have fun with it, dont take it as gospel... :leostare:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
I don't believe in any of it all I know is that everytime I tell a girl I'm a scorpio the reaction is positive :jawalrus:

:manny:

matthew2777

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keep in mind that astrology has been catergorized as a pseudoscience for a reason, just because your chart says one thing, that doesnt mean you will live out its predictions to a T because every person has free will. There are many other things to take into account, like genetics, upbringing and the environment a person inhabits and was raised in that shape a person.

Just have fun with it, dont take it as gospel... :leostare:

wat about the faces?:krs:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
wat about the faces?:krs:

I think its entertaining, but useless.
The sun sign has nothing to do with looks. Thats the rising sign department. Astrology has been over compartmentalized for enertainment and critical purposes.

When it was denounced as an academic study, the critical review didnt account for progressive charts which is a predictive form of astrology, unlike natal charts, which is what you are born with, not what you develop into.

matthew2777

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think its entertaining, but useless.
The sun sign has nothing to do with looks. Thats the rising sign department. Astrology has been over compartmentalized for enertainment and critical purposes.

When it was denounced as an academic study, the critical review didnt account for progressive charts which is a predictive form of astrology, unlike natal charts, which is what you are born with, not what you develop into.

i think ur supposed to turn into the next sign basically...cuz thats the traits u will evolve into

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
You should read for your rising sign as well as your sun sign. That's how you get the most accurate horoscope.

To get your rising sign you gotta get your natal chart done and have your exact birth time

Honestly astrologyzone.com has the most accurate horoscopes ever. She writes it for the whole month......very interesting.... I read for both my sun sign and rising sign and it's scary how true these horoscopes are.

Last Dayze

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Moon Rocks in my Socks
:myman:

Gemini sun/ Sagg moon....life's great :krs:

I don't believe in horoscopes, but I do believe there are astrological happenings that will influence your day/month. When Mercury is retrograde, you're gonna have a bad time :sadcam:

you a cusp baby too..?

i'm a Scorpio( :sadbron: ) sun&Pisces Moon

Goat&Earth are my Eastern Zodiac sign&element

born to be a stubborn muhfukka..:myman:

matthew2777

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Susan Miller... They used to always apply, but maybe it's just confirmation bias?
I want to buy her personal book for your birth date and time, but it's $50. F that ish...Matter of fact, can I major in astrology?!

suck me off nonya :ahh: