You can't walk in any direction in Starfield for more than 10 minutes without hitting an invisible border UPDATE: you can walk on water :wow:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Didn't they say you can create custom locations and still land anywhere on the planet, but you can only travel a certain distance from your landing location?

So.......... Can't you still explore every part of the planet (which I'd assume would be CPU generated every time you land at a new spot).

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Didn't they say you can create custom locations and still land anywhere on the planet, but you can only travel a certain distance from your landing location?

So.......... Can't you still explore every part of the planet (which I'd assume would be CPU generated every time you land at a new spot).
That’s too much work… I’d rather spend 15 mins walking there :troll:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
That’s too much work… I’d rather spend 15 mins walking there :troll:
Honestly, I don't mind this, although only 10 minutes worth of distance to travel would be a tad bit disappointing, I woulda assumed 20-30 minutes walking distance, which would be about 2 miles in each direction from the center.

This is fine though. I was thinking you could only land in locations pre set out of the box and you were limited to only those locations :whew:. Procedural generation woulda been pointless if that was the case.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
saying open world games haven't changed since OOT is fukking insane.

*Looks at the best reviewed games of all time*
I never understand why people chime in on their hatred for the type of game the thread is about. shyt is off topic and makes no damn sense. I dont fukk with anime but u dont see me up in the threads shytting on it :dahell:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I never understand why people chime in on their hatred for the type of game the thread is about. shyt is off topic and makes no damn sense. I dont fukk with anime but u dont see me up in the threads shytting on it :dahell:

Starfield Derangement Syndrome is real. We'll see if Xbox is real about this one, but they're talking like this is the actual start of their pipeline.

I can see why it has some people nervous