You can't walk in any direction in Starfield for more than 10 minutes without hitting an invisible border UPDATE: you can walk on water :wow:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Sometimes (most of the time actually) less is more. Mfs losing their minds over getting to play in these pointlessly vast maps and have 1000s of planets to visit when a more streamlined, curated world would be far more enjoyable.

This has been how I've fetl about most open world games forever. Elden Ring is like the only one where you feel every inch of the world can have some ill shyt in it.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Sometimes (most of the time actually) less is more. Mfs losing their minds over getting to play in these pointlessly vast maps and have 1000s of planets to visit when a more streamlined, curated world would be far more enjoyable.
Again, none of this would be a problem if Xbots hadn't been touting the scope of this game and calling it the game of the generation, and built up the exploration aspect to unrealistic heights which were suspect since the Direct first aired. Live by the hype, die by the hype :manny:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I would also like to point out that the reason given (by Xbots themselves) for why this game runs at 30fps, is that 1000 planets and blah blah blah we can stack 1000 sandwiches on 1000 procedurally generated tiles and they all exist simultaneously or whatever. If it really is one 10 minute tile at a time of gameplay, the why is it running at 30 fps?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This has been how I've fetl about most open world games forever. Elden Ring is like the only one where you feel every inch of the world can have some ill shyt in it.

Tbh Elden Ring could have cut the last 3rd off also :yeshrug:

It gets a little long in the tooth once you get to the mountaintop of giants