"You Are Too Light To Be African", "You Don't Look African"

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Africans are CLEARLY diverse and have their OWN look and their OWN look distant from AAs.

What I think @SheWantTheD MEANT to say was NOT that Africans can resemble AAs BUT that NOT ALL Africans have the stereotypical "true negroid look."

I'm pretty sure people can tell the difference between an AA and this type of African.

Why are we even using "negroid" :mjlol:, all these "racial" groupings were done by Non Africans. It should be common sense that people from different ethnic groups may not look alike, but all this "true negroid" stuff sounds like something richard Spencer would say.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Why are we even using "negroid" :mjlol:, all these "racial" groupings were done by Non Africans. It should be common sense that people from different ethnic groups may not look alike, but all this "true negroid" stuff sounds like something richard Spencer would say.
Of course WE know Negroid is a silly ass term. But lets be honest and this includes both #AAgang and #Boatgang many ignorant ass people think the majority of Africans look like "true Negroids" who are extremely dark and with extremely dark features.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Of course WE know Negroid is a silly ass term. But lets be honest and this includes both #AAgang and #Boatgang many ignorant ass people think the majority of Africans look like "true Negroids" who are extremely dark and with extremely dark features.

I don't know anyone who thinks that besides non Africans.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both are my parents are Nigerian and I hear this bullshyt often. Told a white female co-worker last week that my family is Nigerian, and she told me "But you're light-skinned". :snoop:

I work with Haitian people and they assumed I wasn't from Africa.

I remember talking to this one latina chick and she asked me about African people seeing lions, zebras and other wild life animals smh :dead:

Told her it was a common misconception but in my mind I'm thinking this is one dumb bih :gucci:

Lemme guess you Igbo?

I knew a chick in college that was Igbo. Thought she was just some light skin black chick. When I found out she was Nigerian I was also surprised. Unfortunately the misconception all Africans are dark skin is pretty pervasive.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
But you can't compare the level of poverty those soccer players came from, with NBA players. Take the two Nigerian players - Danny shyttu and dikkson Etuhu - who're raised in the UK out of it and you can easily find Aframs that look like them. Danny shyttu for example looks like a young Shaquille O'Neal. And you'd see Aframs that look like dikkson Etuhu.

Andre Iguodala actually has very strong Nigerian features and he's one of the Nigerians you would see and know he's Nigerian without people telling you where he's from. So, whatever phenotype you think his AA mom has, had no bearing on his phenotype.

Mike Vick and Kam Chancellor are from Virginia. How come they look like the average West African?

Anyway, the argument is redundant.

This is a very simple yet important point that ppl miss when they post these pictures. Diet + climate has a huge impact on how ppl look.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
At this point dudes are trying to argue things they are ignorant to. Until breh visits Africa I`m not sure why you are even taking him serious as some expert on the Continent. lol

You're talking about the wrong person considering, if you knew my posting history, I pointed out many times the diversity of "black" africans and specific traits that certain tribes/regions hold that make them identifiable.

Last edited: