"You Are Too Light To Be African", "You Don't Look African"

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
It does not come as a surprise to me.

I`m just saying in general that it is goofy that some people find it surprising people who are literally ancestral cousins may look alike. I`m 100% African and don't even look like some of the people in my ethnic group, like I said this convo is dumb.

The people who say "AA's dont look like Africans" are typically on some other stuff and should be ignored in general. These are the same types who feel some kind of way if a Black Dominican cats hits them with the same :mjpls: tactics they are trying to use in threads like this.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You're wrong :yeshrug:

Africans don't even have the same body types across regions but the only way to identify whose who is by name and accent? :russ:

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

bruh go watch some Yvette Carnel vids, leave the Africa talk alone you're drunk. Screen shot where I said the words "only". I said Name/Accent are enough to confirm ethnicity, nobody has these idiotic convos in real life, and if this is what you in your friends talk about then :mjlol:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

bruh go watch some Yvette Carnel vids, leave the Africa talk alone you're drunk. Screen shot where I said the words "only". I said Name/Accent are enough to confirm ethnicity, nobody has these idiotic convos in real life, and if this is what you in your friends talk about then :mjlol:

Yeah, not sure whats funny about asking homies about their trips abroad :yeshrug:

Maybe you need to talk to your African fam because it seems you aren't in the know about the stuff they talk about :mjlol:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Africans are CLEARLY diverse and have their OWN look and their OWN look distant from AAs.

What I think @SheWantTheD MEANT to say was NOT that Africans can resemble AAs BUT that NOT ALL Africans have the stereotypical "true negroid look."

I'm pretty sure people can tell the difference between an AA and this type of African.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But you can't compare the level of poverty those soccer players came from, with NBA players. Take the two Nigerian players - Danny shyttu and dikkson Etuhu - who're raised in the UK out of it and you can easily find Aframs that look like them. Danny shyttu for example looks like a young Shaquille O'Neal. And you'd see Aframs that look like dikkson Etuhu.

Andre Iguodala actually has very strong Nigerian features and he's one of the Nigerians you would see and know he's Nigerian without people telling you where he's from. So, whatever phenotype you think his AA mom has, had no bearing on his phenotype.

Mike Vick and Kam Chancellor are from Virginia. How come they look like the average West African?

Anyway, the argument is redundant.

You keep bringing up Andre Iguodala, but you are not mentioning the whole story. He was born in Springfield, Illinois, to an African American mother and a Nigerian father. His mother's name is Linda Shanklin. Iguodala went to Spingfield Lanphier High School.

1004843453+IL_SPR_iquodala14.jpg

Here is his mother:
1004843453+IL_SPR_iquodala17.jpg

1004843453+IL_SPR_iquodala11.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

Andre Iguodala - Wikipedia

DarrynCobretti

Fresh out the bed, count up the dead
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me
At this point dudes are trying to argue things they are ignorant to. Until breh visits Africa I`m not sure why you are even taking him serious as some expert on the Continent. lol
Can't the same be applied to Africans who speak on America and AAs without actually being around us and intermingling with us in our enviroment?:sas1:

It isn't just AAs I've seen trying to argue about things they are ignorant to.:sas2:

DarrynCobretti

Fresh out the bed, count up the dead
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me
Africans are CLEARLY diverse and have their OWN look and their OWN look distant from AAs.

What I think @SheWantTheD MEANT to say was NOT that Africans can resemble AAs BUT that NOT ALL Africans have the stereotypical "true negroid look."

I'm pretty sure people can tell the difference between an AA and this type of African.
Agreed.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yeah, not sure whats funny about asking homies about their trips abroad :yeshrug:

Maybe you need to talk to your African fam because it seems you aren't in the know about the stuff they talk about :mjlol:

Who asks friends about "bruh what them folks noses look like".

When you going to Africa?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
This doesn't even make sense... First you bring up phenotype range and now you're bringing up admixture in groups bordering Sudan. Phenotypic range in an area=/=admixture. If that was the case then it would ring true for Nigeria who Southern Nigerians with a long history with Fulanis still do not have any Western Atlantic/Berber admixture. And admixture=/=phenotype. And most of the admixture you listed for East Africa was not recent but during prehistoric times when there wasn't even much phenotypic diversity. This is especially true for the Nilo-Saharan speakers.

MORE importantly the admixture grapth you posted does not address the group of West Africans I was talking about who were INTERMEDIATE between North and Southern West Africa.

THIS is what I am talking about... 52,4% of mtDNA H in Mali, 22,5% in Burkina Faso. That clear signs of different groups coming in even ancestry from outside Africa. This is from the intermediate groups I was talking about that surround Mali like Niger, Senegal and Burkina Faso.

Also @IllmaticDelta another thing. MOST of the East Africans listed here DO NOT border the Sudan.
East_Africa.png

The Hadza[from Tanzania], Luhya, Maasai do NOT border the Sudan but are quite far away. Your grapth even states Bantu Kenya.

Second even tho the South Sudan borders a highly admixed country like Sudan, most Dinkas from what I seen have very homogenous admixture more than the West Africans you listed.

PS-Didnt mean to get into a heated debate with you. Just feel Sudan and East Africa are VERY overrated when it comes to phenotypic diversity. West Africa can rival them when it comes to that.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Can't the same be applied to Africans who speak on America and AAs without actually being around us and intermingling with us in our enviroment?:sas1:

It isn't just AAs I've seen trying to argue about things they are ignorant to.:sas2:
Ignorant Goofy is an Ignorant Goofy, I dont care if you are from Lagos or Harlem