You a gamer? What you playing? What you beat? Speak on it

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Disgaea series. Just play the PSP games via emulator, disgaea is probably the best overall tactical strategy RPG available as far as gameplay goes.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Never played em. Which would be the best to start with? I've heard the name Disgaea so many times over the years, but never bothered tryin it.

Disgaea 1, it's called Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (I think it's Afternoon of Darkness for the PSP version). Start there, because the series evolves with time and gets more confusing to the average joe. By the way, it's a LONG game with a LOT of content and replay value so you'll find yourself replaying it the way you do the other games you mentioned.

Disgaea 3, 4 and 5 are all on PS3 though I believe but it'll be a long time before you even beat the 1st game so don't think ahead

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disgaea 1, it's called Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (I think it's Afternoon of Darkness for the PSP version). Start there, because the series evolves with time and gets more confusing to the average joe. By the way, it's a LONG game with a LOT of content and replay value so you'll find yourself replaying it the way you do the other games you mentioned.

Disgaea 3, 4 and 5 are all on PS3 though I believe but it'll be a long time before you even beat the 1st game so don't think ahead

disgaea 4 just dropped on the vita too and the only one with updated graphics and HD

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
right now i'm playing this game called Crypt of the Necrodancer. It's like a rhythm based rouge-like game. shyt is dope but frustrating as fukk :damn:

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Disgaea series. Just play the PSP games via emulator, disgaea is probably the best overall tactical strategy RPG available as far as gameplay goes.
Tactics and Tactics Ogre would like a word with you

i'm playing shinging force on my ipad

i've beaten the game 106 times

:yeshrug:
not really a gamer anymore i guess

i just keep replaying FF7,FF8, Tactics ogre, FF Tactics, Shining Force, KOTOR, the latest NBA 2K game.

anyone know a good turned based strategy game?

I HIGHLY recommend the Shadow Hearts series on ps2. They are turned based. GOAT series imo.

if you mean games like Tactics, the yeah Disgaea, Jeanne de arc, and Arc the Lad

Last edited:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've played both, great games all around. I think they are all-around better than Disgaea, but I think Disgaea has the best actual gameplay with it's highly customizable leveling and equipment system.

tactics ogre gameplay is kind of broken, but has the best story. disgaea has much better more refined gameplay.

its easy to get turned off of disgaea for its kiddy, anime stories. disgaea 3 was the first one i tried and i couldnt get past that so i gave up. but i picked up disgaea 1 over the summer and realized how deep and fun the gameplay was. literally a game you can spend over a hundred hours on and still have a lot left to do

anyways, im on TLOU now, on grounded, havent gotten very far, the game is really fun to play, the story hasnt quite grabbed me yet, but i have very high expectations. i just got out of the
capitol building where tess died.