You a gamer? What you playing? What you beat? Speak on it

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Beat Dragon Age Origins for like the 4th time. Taking a break before I run through Awakenings again. Been playing a lot of Persona 3 Portable. Lovvvvvin it :ahh:
Been playing Persona 3 FES and it's okayish.. Such a far cry from 4 though. :to:. The portable version is similar to P4 but the lack of cutscenes and 3D modeled characters kill it for me.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Been playing Persona 3 FES and it's okayish.. Such a far cry from 4 though. :to:. The portable version is similar to P4 but the lack of cutscenes and 3D modeled characters kill it for me.
That's how I was feelin too but I'm over it now. I put like 100 hrs into DAO n other WRPG shyt recently and this is clicking more so than anything else right now.

The characters/story is more dark/Japanese. It's weird. It isn't P4G, but I appreciate the hell out of it right now. Needin some JRPG

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's how I was feelin too but I'm over it now. I put like 100 hrs into DAO n other WRPG shyt recently and this is clicking more so than anything else right now.

The characters/story is more dark/Japanese. It's weird. It isn't P4G, but I appreciate the hell out of it right now. Needin some JRPG
If you played FES after playing P4 Golden you'd see what I mean. You can't control the party members, the menu's aren't as intuitive(You can't easily switch to other party members stats and equipment status unless you physically are in front of them at Tartarus and press X) and other annoying shyt.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you played FES after playing P4 Golden you'd see what I mean. You can't control the party members, the menu's aren't as intuitive(You can't easily switch to other party members stats and equipment status unless you physically are in front of them at Tartarus and press X) and other annoying shyt.
Oh yeah dude. I beat P4G a couple times earlier this year. Are the differences between P3P and FES that big?

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
annoying cause the game is more challenging?

P3 FES is way better to me, people only like P4 better cause its not as dark, with vibrant colors and shyt. And the story in P4 is terrible and extremely drawn out. The game itself with characters and story is a blatant scooby doo rip off and im not the only one to notice this as you can see...

F2eauLj.jpg

dxj9v.png

Persona 3 FES is one of my most favorite games with Shadow Hearts Covenant and SMT Nocturne. I cant let nikkas slander it like this :demonic:

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Oh yeah dude. I beat P4G a couple times earlier this year. Are the differences between P3P and FES that big?
Biggest difference is in P3P you can play as a female MC, the battle system lets you control all characters and higher difficulty modes.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
annoying cause the game is more challenging?
That's not a challenge, that's a hassle. The fact that the portable version of Persona 3 has a much more intuitive menu system says it all. Many times I'd be outside at Paulonia Mall fresh out the weapon shop and I'd have weapons but due to the design of the game, I'd have to go all the way to Tartarus and then "press x" in front of the character who's items I want to switch out. that's annoying. Why can't I just equip my items and look at stats like most other RPG games without having to physically have the person there? If you're talking about the actual more in depth battle system than I agree it's better since physical attacks have three categories but that's not what I was talking about. It's just how clunky the menu's are that annoys me.

P3 FES is way better to me, people only like P4 better cause its not as dark, with vibrant colors and shyt. And the story in P4 is terrible and extremely drawn out. The game itself with characters and story is a blatant scooby doo rip off and im not the only one to notice this as you can see...
Story in P4 terrible and drawn out?? The story was very interesting and it being a detective story made it all the more relatable. I also found the whole "face your self" theme much more strong. It felt like there was two stories going on in the game and whenever someone faced their shadow and accepted it it felt like it went along with the game and the whole "strengthen yourself through bonds" shyt Igor was talking about. In persona 3 whenever someone "faced" a challenge of theirs and their Persona evolved it just felt idk mechanical?? Like it just felt like something that the game would make up as an excuse. The context was very weak imo like when Ken and Akihiko's Persona evolved after
Shinjiro's death
. It's like you already "knew" something like that was going to happen.

The story in 3 is very drawn out breh lol. I'm 70 hours into Persona 3 and the story doesn't really kick off until about September/October and even then it gets very formulaic(Wait until full moon of each month and destroy shadow.) I know it's pretty much the same in P4(wait each month and save kidnapped person) but you get what I mean. The story in Persona 4 takes a back seat often with the characters and other events taking the stage at times but the character performance and dialogue is so well done that it doesn't bother me.

The story in P3 is way more serious so If someone is into dark settings I can see why they'd prefer it but the pacing of the game ruins the story for me. I always felt like I wanted to hurry up and get through the day to get on to the story which brings me to a another point... The characters... The characters imo are straight up boring compared to Persona 4 characters then again it might be due to me just preferring the more jovial fun theme of Persona 4.

I played Persona 3 FIRST so it's not like I played 4 and then 3 and saying 4 is better but to me... There's hardly anyone in Persona 3 that's interesting. Junpei is like a cornier version of Yosuke, Yukari is a bland version of Chie, Fuuka is like that band girl from Persona 4(Ayane) and Mitsuro is like a classier version of Yukiko. The only characters I kind of liked in Persona 3 is my nikka Aigis and Shinjiro somewhat. The S links in Persona 3 were also wack imo. The dialogue just wasn't hitting me like they were in Persona 4. Junpei and his constant simping of Chidori was cringe worthy.

The music in Persona 3 is also far more repetitive. The fact that there's only one theme song after school all the way until you reach a new season is wack while Persona 4 had a song for the different weather patterns. As you can see,lol I put a lot of times into both games and imo Persona 3 is just wacker to me. :yeshrug: Don't even get me started on the horrible abomination they call Tartarus. :snoop:

F2eauLj.jpg

dxj9v.png

Persona 3 FES is one of my most favorite games with Shadow Hearts Covenant and SMT Nocturne. I cant let nikkas slander it like this :demonic:
:yeshrug:
It's alright but I just find the flaws way too glaring after coming off of Persona 4. :manny:

Last edited:

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Been on New Vegas and Skyrim lately. Mods give both a good amount of longevity

Thinking about copping Dark Souls 2 once I get a new system, then I'll probably be done with gaming until the next Fallout :manny:

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
That's not a challenge, that's a hassle. The fact that the portable version of Persona 3 has a much more intuitive menu system says it all. Many times I'd be outside at Paulonia Mall fresh out the weapon shop and I'd have weapons but due to the design of the game, I'd have to go all the way to Tartarus and then "press x" in front of the character who's items I want to switch out. that's annoying. Why can't I just equip my items and look at stats like most other RPG games without having to physically have the person there? If you're talking about the actual more in depth battle system than I agree it's better since physical attacks have three categories but that's not what I was talking about. It's just how clunky the menu's are that annoys me.

Story in P4 terrible and drawn out?? The story was very interesting and it being a detective story made it all the more relatable.

The story in 3 is very drawn out breh lol. I'm 70 hours into Persona 3 and the story doesn't really kick off until about September/October and even then it gets very formulaic(Wait until full moon of each month and destroy shadow.) The story in Persona 4 takes a back seat often with the characters and other events taking the stage at times but the character performance and dialogue is so well done that it doesn't bother me.

The story in P3 is way more serious so If someone is into dark settings I can see why they'd prefer it but the pacing of the game ruins the story for me. I always felt like I wanted to hurry up and get through the day to get on to the story which brings me to a another point... The characters... The characters imo are straight up boring compared to Persona 4 characters then again it might be due to me just preferring the more jovial fun theme of Persona 4.

I played Persona 3 FIRST so it's not like I played 4 and then 3 and saying 4 is better but to me... There's hardly anyone in Persona 3 that's interesting. Junpei is like a cornier version of Yosuke, Yukari is a bland version of Chie, Fuuka is like that band girl from Persona 4(Ayane) and Mitsuro is like a classier version of Yukiko. The only characters I kind of liked in Persona 3 is my nikka Aigis and Shinjiro somewhat. The S links in Persona 3 were also wack imo. The dialogue just wasn't hitting me like they were in Persona 4. Junpei and his constant simping of Chidori was cringe worthy.

The music in Persona 3 is also far more repetitive. The fact that there's only one theme song after school all the way until you reach a new season is wack while Persona 4 had a song for the different weather patterns. As you can see,lol I put a lot of times into both games and imo Persona 3 is just wacker to me. :yeshrug: Don't even get me started on the horrible abomination they call Tartarus. :snoop:

:yeshrug:
It's alright but I just find the flaws way too glaring after coming off of Persona 4. :manny:
We can just agree to disagree then. Cause I like Tartarus and the fact the group can split up to do shyt in their, and get tired and stuff. Yeah it was the same thing, but thats what the Full moon missions were for. I like most the characters in P3 better. Chie was an annoying looking dike, teddie was cool until he joined..squeaky feet? really? that shyt was annoying. And im not a homophobe but a lowkey gay dude with a chair? P3 had A MOTHAFUKKIN dog, Ken who was a little boss and Shinjiro :to: The MC, Aigis and even Strega was bad ass.

P4 does have P3 beat music wise:patrice:

Last edited:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I've only played a few hours, but so far shyt is pretty dope. I didn't mind paying full price because it really seems like 'that game' (crowd-funded modern cRPG with a lot of depth)

for that matter, I don't have a lot of confidence that upcoming games, like Dragon Age Inquisition, will be 'that game'
Shut your filthy whore mouth. DAI will make all other RPS look like trash :pacspit:

*ahem*

Divinity worth that purchase? Hearing great things and it's like 27 on cdkeyshere.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
I feel like P3 and P4 are the new age FF6 and FF7, smh

and I dont hate Persona 4, I just dont think its better than Persona 3. Only thing I hate about p4 was the story and some of the characters