Yikes! Father works two jobs so his son can go to college and his son fails with a 0.2 GPA.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Just send kids who are on the fence about college to a JC for a year first before investing in a university. It's a cheap/free way to see if college is actually for you. 9/10, if you don't wanna deal with 4 years of college, you can also pivot into something like electrician and get the union connect right out of JC after a year and a half.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
0.2? :notithes:

You've got to never show up to pull off some shyt like that

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think the biggest reason i did so well in college compared to when i was in high school was because it was my choice to be there and partially funded with my money besides financial aid etc.

i feel bad for that dude blowing his money on a kid who didn't take it seriously.

it probably depends on where you live as far as JC then transferring goes, but in california it's really easy to transfer to a state school after two years of community college general ed coursework. saves a lot of money too.

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
not everybody meant for college.

pops playing himself

if ya boy ain't trying to go to college, put him in a trade or let him work for awhile then maybe he'll consider his options in the long haul.

people gotta learn that your kids is not your mirror image, that you're essentially raising another human being with their own obligations/motives and aspirations.

Nah I''d rather pops flame out TRYING his ass off to get his boy on successfully, than to throw stones at him for busting his ass to put him through school and being mad that he isn't succeeding. The father is doing what fathers should do. The wild thing is when his seed ain't even trying... now he gotta try something else. Because if he lets the boy flame out in life, that's kinda on him too.

I feel for parents with kids that won't do right now matter how well you raised them and no matter how hard you try. That shyt has to be frustrating. And if you don't bother, you are a piece of shyt for contributing another "Aint shyt" nikka or bytch into the impoverished community. shyt aint easy man. Me and my girl like NOOOOOOOOOOPE fukk that.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
And y'all got to stop babying these kids. This nikka had a FREE RIDE from his father that is actively in his life. Lets keep it real, whats the most LIKELY reason he got a .2 in college?

The most likely reason is he got a little bit of freedom and didn't do wtf he was supposed to. He bullshytted TO THE EXTREME. If dad is on his ass about college you think he was never on his ass in HS?

Same thing happened to my cousin when she went to LSU. She got a lil freedom and wilded THE fukk OUT. Ended uplosingher scholarship (or being on academic probation or something), and a whole bunch of shyt. It wasn't no mental illness. She eventually got her shyt together, because my grandma put her foot up her ass and now she has her Doctorates and teaches at UAB.

And not everyone gets full ride scholarships. My lil sister stressing now about getting a 30 on her ACT's because it's the only way she gets a full ride to engineering school and she has straight A's and a high GPA. Just because his dad is working to help pay for his college doesn't mean he didn't get scholarships, he probably just didn't get a full ride.

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
Didn't know about this!
Yeah breh...shyt is really lowkey criminal to be honest. It isn't just the for-profit colleges up to no good - plenty of public schools are playing the same game.

So many schools out there that don't launch their graduates anywhere...and are willing to take anyone in off the street, regardless of whether or not they're ready to do the work.

Those student loans come through the federal government...the schools aren't on the hook for them. They get paid upfront as soon as that loan goes through.

Then the kids drop out or fail out...but they're still stuck with a fat wad of debt that they can't even get out from under in bankruptcy (federal student loans aren't dischargeable).

Last edited:

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
It could be a couple of things:

- Some kids realize their intelligence is relative when they go to college. They may have been the smartest kid in the school, but compared to others, they're not the genius they thought they were. That can be defeating.
- People treat college like the 13th grade. Even in the schools where it is the 13th grade, students are treating it like 10th. There's no hand-holding. Then they get that rude awakening at the end of the semester.
- super-smart, but college is just not for them.

I had a cousin who gave his parents the run-around about going to college. Every excuse in the book, he didnt like one school, then he was depressed because he broke up with his gf, then he had health issues and needed extra time to "recover". Parents spent so much money and time on him with this. He eventually just got a blue collar job and called it a day. He makes good money in it because he's super smart, and an avg guy straight out of HS would have taken years to get to his level.

I feel bad for the father, but at least he can stop wasting his money and time.
That first organic chemistry midterm sent many a breh on a downward spiral :wow:

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
Just send kids who are on the fence about college to a JC for a year first before investing in a university. It's a cheap/free way to see if college is actually for you. 9/10, if you don't wanna deal with 4 years of college, you can also pivot into something like electrician and get the union connect right out of JC after a year and a half.
This is great advice. :salute:

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
I would honestly beat my sons ass...

Like straight box this nikka

It took the strength of the Lord to probably keep him from choking this lil nikka tf out....

And he was gonna buy him a car.. nikka didn't even bother to learn to drive....

FOH..

Waste opportunities people give you brehs... If thats the case he should've been dropped his ass out. My fam literally never paid for shyt for me with school...

I dont even have kids (any more HEEEY-OOOO) but I reached the boiling point FOR the dad while watching this.

My fists were balled up like, "I DARE YOU TO SAY SOMETHIN! MAKE UP AN EXCUSE AND IMMA' PASS THIS FIST THRU YA GODDAMN CHEST"

"YOU KNOW WHATS LOWER THAN A 0.2 GPA? A CASKET, 6 FEET DEEP!"

Lil boy would have me deliverin' one liners for at least 30 minutes. :what::what::what: