Yikes! Father works two jobs so his son can go to college and his son fails with a 0.2 GPA.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Maybe the breh isn't cut out for school right now.

Believe it or not plenty of ways to have incredible success without going to school.

A lot of people don't go to college until later in life and a lot of people are vastly more successful than the mass majority even if they don't have a degree.

Last edited:

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
that’s completely on the father

He should know his son more than anybody

I’m just not finna dog nobody about school when I didn’t care much for it myself.

Imagine having student loans of your own...

And yet finding a way to stack tens of thousands of dollars away in a 529 account for 18 years...

To give your kid an opportunity and advantage that lot of kids, white black whatever, don't get nowadays...

So that your kid could go away to school and get a 0.2 GPA, then have the audacity to look you in the eye and say, "So what?"

:mjlol:

You shortsighted uneducated fools are hilarious.

Go away breh the real adults are talking here.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean if his pop is forced to work two jobs that means he probably didn't a excell academically himself.

We all know there's a strong correlation between intelligence and heritage.

Had he simply gave him better genes this probably wouldn't have been an issue
Whoever gave you the genes that enables you to say such stupid shyt did our planet a disservice

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
not everybody meant for college.

pops playing himself

if ya boy ain't trying to go to college, put him in a trade or let him work for awhile then maybe he'll consider his options in the long haul.

people gotta learn that your kids is not your mirror image, that you're essentially raising another human being with their own obligations/motives and aspirations.
Facts :wow:

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
:francis: Father is 100% on point.

Said the dude flunked one semester and then flunked another.

I mean, I understand you get demoralized and depressed or some shyt during school and maybe you don't do well one semester and maybe the father should be seeing why his son is doing this and help improve his situation but based on what the dad said, he failed his first semester and kept it from his dad and then flunked his second semester and lost his student loans.

His father at this point should be like, you're going to go to work unless you can find a way to pay for school on your own. :francis:

Maybe he can go back to school at a later age when his head might be in the game.
If the kid's depressed or can't keep up academically, the shame over that might have kept him from reaching out.

Avoidant behavior is pretty common among the depressed. Even more in our community because of how much stigma there is around that shyt.

I'm not saying that's the case here. But it might be. It doesn't mean the kid is off the hook - he's still responsible for cleaning up the mess he made by paying his father back for the tuition money he burned.

---

Superstar
Daps
It's a damn shame, at the comments in here. One defending the boy .2 GPA is inexcusable.

Two saying some dumb shyt like school is not important. So where are these wealthy people without school?

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
It's a damn shame, at the comments in here. One defending the boy .2 GPA is inexcusable.

Two saying some dumb shyt like school is not important. So where are these wealthy people without school?
School's definitely important breh.

But the reality is everyone isn't cut out for it. There's still well-paying options out there for dudes who aren't all that academically inclined - mostly in skilled blue-collar work.

As far as defending the kid - no way. He fukked up. But a 0.2 GPA...there's probably more going on there. Depression, shame over being unable to keep up academically, all sorts of possibilities.

He's still responsible for fukking up though. He owes his father every penny of tuition money that he paid.

Getting started working at whatever job he can get right now to pay his father back while he figures out next steps is probably the right way to go.

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
Naw if he was able to get in to college he can do the work its straight laziness's, and selfishness on the boys part!
Lots of colleges aren't selective breh. Especially the smaller public colleges that don't have big endowments.

They're desperate for tuition money to keep the lights on. All they're interested in is grabbing as many bodies as they can.

Check out this list of colleges with 100% or damn near close to 100% acceptance rates.

Top 100 College with Highest Acceptance Rates