Yikes! Father works two jobs so his son can go to college and his son fails with a 0.2 GPA.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
As a breh who himself failed out of college in a very similar fashion....
And also as a breh who is now stacking money away for his own kid's college education...
I feel pop's frustration here.... :francis:

This is a good father tho. He's not calling him worthless or stupid or any of that shyt that my dad did to me when I failed out.
Granted I probably deserved it :guilty:.
Kid probably thinks his dad is just overreacting, but OG breh made a real sacrifice so that young breh could have that opportunity and he just squandered it.
But you love your seed so you can't just kill them.

Shiiiit....

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
With as much grade inflation as there is, and as much help as colleges offering out there for remedial kids, that's all on him.

College can be hard if you're not prepared, especially SOME classes. I understand when people really struggle to pass SOME of their classes. But if you failing ALL your classes, then you're the one who dropped the ball.

My papa failed out of college (a state school back when college didn't cost shyt so it wasn't as big a deal), and that was all on him too. He was plenty smart enough but not mature enough, got caught up in other things and straight didn't attend most of his courses, didn't even attend some of his finals. Failed out of one school, went to community in a couple spots, then was on his way to like the six-year program at another school until my mama came into his life and got him on track. Ended up graduating with his B.S. almost ten years after he started.

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
I would make my son commit that for dishonoring the family

154154-157903.jpg

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
so what

school ain't the end all be all, shyt is bothersome and tedious as hell for some people, that's why a lot of folks don't bother with it

if anything pops should've put him in community college to save bread

but to act like he's a bad person for fukking up in school, which is what a lot of people do, is unnecessary
Stop it man. I'm tired of you ain't shyt nikkas claiming college is a scam for black men.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
so what

school ain't the end all be all, shyt is bothersome and tedious as hell for some people, that's why a lot of folks don't bother with it

if anything pops should've put him in community college to save bread

but to act like he's a bad person for fukking up in school, which is what a lot of people do, is unnecessary

Imagine having student loans of your own...

And yet finding a way to stack tens of thousands of dollars away in a 529 account for 18 years...

To give your kid an opportunity and advantage that lot of kids, white black whatever, don't get nowadays...

So that your kid could go away to school and get a 0.2 GPA, then have the audacity to look you in the eye and say, "So what?"

:mjlol:

You shortsighted uneducated fools are hilarious.

Go away breh the real adults are talking here.

Last edited:

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
not everybody meant for college.

pops playing himself

if ya boy ain't trying to go to college, put him in a trade or let him work for awhile then maybe he'll consider his options in the long haul.

people gotta learn that your kids is not your mirror image, that you're essentially raising another human being with their own obligations/motives and aspirations.

Nah, not if your African or an Immigrant.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I had a friend who had all A's and B's in high school and then went to SIU to only flunk all of his classes. But that was more to do with focusing on getting laid and shyt than the actual school work

yup. i didn't start getting attention from women until i went to college, it was like an entirely different reality