Yikes! Father works two jobs so his son can go to college and his son fails with a 0.2 GPA.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like Jordan is a sorry ass young man. Doesn't have a license, doesn't work, failed outta school. Something went wrong w how he was raised. If not then the parents shoulda cut him off and let him fend for himself, bet he'd figure it out then. That type of entitlement n complacency typically comes from coddling

Usually yeah, but not always.
My brother had a very difficult life.. more difficult than mines will EVER be and he ended up making terrible, terrible, decisions.

But at some point... parenting only gets so far and you gotta hold the young man accountable.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I'm 100% on board with the dad's frustration with his son and I would be doing the same shyt if it was my kid. I'd be pissed as fukk and he'd hear about it. Especially, if I'm working my ass off and trying to provide and he just pisses it away.

But like the @The Wave said, not everyone is mentally prepared for college immediately after high school. People are different. Some are never meant to go to college or they are just not mentally prepared for the rigors of college life where you're in charge of doing well and no one is there to hold your hand to make sure you do your work. They may need to grow up a bit more before attempting to do that successfully.
After I calm down in a few weeks :mjlol:I'd be resigned to the fact that he just isn't cut out for school and we'd be working on plan B like getting a trade or looking at how he will provide for himself at least.
I can definitely understand that angle, but it doesn't hold too much weight for me because 0.2 is unacceptable. That means you're not even showing up mentally or physically. You don't have to be a genius or ready for school to at least average a 2.0, or escape academic probation. Do your best, tell your dad you're not cut out for it, and you want to try something else. But a 0.2 while your dad working hard is disrespectful and a waste of time and money.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Pops should cut him off and let him work and take financial aid. Problem solved.:manny:
He'll learn to appreciate school while working a low wage job with people that fukked up early in life and are struggling to make ends meet.

He lost his financial aid because of his GPA.

Daps
He simply might not be that smart and its not a disciplinary issue
This. For me, college was not hard intellectually with some exceptions. I did two majors in math and biology. It was the workload that was a pain in the ass. However, you don't have to be above average intelligence to get through college. A lot of people I knew simply worked hard and graduated. The others who didn't

1) were dumb as hell
2) didn't put in the effort
3) both-->(2) is a requirement if you are (1)

Last edited:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
not everybody meant for college.

pops playing himself

if ya boy ain't trying to go to college, put him in a trade or let him work for awhile then maybe he'll consider his options in the long haul.

people gotta learn that your kids is not your mirror image, that you're essentially raising another human being with their own obligations/motives and aspirations.

Trade schools is just as much work as college.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It took the strength of the Lord to probably keep him from choking this lil nikka tf out....

And he was gonna buy him a car.. nikka didn't even bother to learn to drive....

FOH..

Waste opportunities people give you brehs... If thats the case he should've been dropped his ass out. My fam literally never paid for shyt for me with school...

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
shiit, its cases like this that makes it easier for people to argue against it. This dude didn't try worth a damn and ran through his own dad's money for two semester and accomplished diddly squat. Imagine taking this case and putting it in the political arena where you're now asking tax payers to pay for him to just sit around do jack shyt to pass. It would give folks pause about potential waste.

You can use the same argument for public school. Public school use taxpayer money, too.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
0.2 GPA for 2 Semesters :damn:

Do you understand what that means, He must of had straight F's and maybe 1 D :damn:

He didn't even care enough to go to class recieve homework and spend his daddy money on Chegg or Coursehero, even Yahoo Answers supplies for free:damn:

Only class he showed up to was bytches and condoms
mooching and laundering, scamming family finessing,
3 hour lunches and dinners

He better have a roster or a nice hitlist if he sent no time no class :wtf:

This is the ultimate line of disrespect, not just one semester but 2, why did the school allow him back in - they should be sued for such negligence. That's Not My Son!!! :damn:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
He an ass for giving no effort into his own future that his family is financing, a parent can accept failure if effort was given. Just pissed all over his dads work that was for him, i cant respect that :scust:

Parents dont know how to take no for an answer,then threaten you with homelessness. My mama also told me if I didn't go to school she was throwing me out after I graduated highschool. I graduated highschool with like a 2.5 and nearly got kicked out for missing too much school,but she still tried to strong arm me into going to college:francis:. Well since I didn't want to be homeless,I took some classes and it ended only slightly better than this kid I'm pretty sure.

At least mama wasn't left on the hook though,instead I was left on the hook for about 10 racks,appreciate it mama:martin:. This father still doesn't want to listen to his son "tell him what he ain't gon do". Okay pops,go ahead and pay up for another symester:martin:.

Message to the kids worldwide,if you know you ain't shyt academically,go get a job and don't get extorted by your parents. Keep school on your radar but go when you feel determined or find a focus..Any debt from student loans you get,should be by your own doing,and not from grownup scare tactics.