Yikes! Father works two jobs so his son can go to college and his son fails with a 0.2 GPA.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:

Im experiencing this shyt right now

My son is now in the 8th grade just got accepted to this S.T.E.M.program.

Which required me to buy him a 140$ scientific graphing calculator and a new Mac book

Yet his progress report came out with a note from the teacher saying he is in danger of failing the class with a 52 point grade average if he doesn't improve....

God I want to put hands on this boy
:beli:

Maybe he isnt made for STEM.

Cant traumatize him for a job that may/ may not exist in 15 years from now. Especially with automation hitting STEM occupations.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Like @thatdude901 said I thought everyone fukks around their first semester, gets that report card, then switch the hell up

Broski just kept fukking up
:childplease:

picture me taking out a loan to fukk around

:childplease:

this why you don't see most brehs by 3 or 4 year :laff:

my gpa was in the high 3's and I wasn't even in classes after the first year and a half. if I was that kids father i'd know it's over. cut that nikka off n let him get a job. he can take the bus too and pay bills to live at home.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Like @thatdude901 said I thought everyone fukks around their first semester, gets that report card, then switch the hell up

Broski just kept fukking up
Yep. I got put on academic probation and instantly got my act together. My Carribean parents would of shamed me into oblivion had I flunked out of school :huhldup:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
not everybody meant for college.

pops playing himself

if ya boy ain't trying to go to college, put him in a trade or let him work for awhile then maybe he'll consider his options in the long haul.

people gotta learn that your kids is not your mirror image, that you're essentially raising another human being with their own obligations/motives and aspirations.
Ehhhh people change. It’s also your parents job to not let their kids make dumb ass choices. Dude failed every class. I highly doubt trade school would have got his full attention either. So then you’re left with letting him fail and be a bum with no drive or skills. I’d push him til it was clear I had to kick him out

Why do I say this? My brother not only failed freshman year, he also failed his second attempt at freshman year. Partying. Getting high. Getting p*ssy. Not going to class.

I told my parents keep his ass home and say fukk school. It’s an OOS college and he fukked off 40k in two years. They kept pushing pushing pushing tho. He eventually went to a CC and then got his 4 year out of a state university.

Now if they said fukk it, you done. He’d still be drunk and high, probably selling weed, with no education and skills. Cause he definitely wasn’t bout to pick any trades either

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
The only way for a boy to do this poorly in college is if he was already this close to crashing through high-school. You can't just be a promising High-school student and then just suddenly act out like this in college. Maybe the parents didn't really know their child, it happens a lot especially with parents that believe that self-sacrifice at work is the key to raising strong children.

This is on both the parents and the son.
:manny:

If they didn't fukk up too bad it could be a great thing for the family because finally the real conversations will be had. Or it could get worse. It all depends on what everyone really wants out of life.
Nah that isn't exactly true. I've seen it myself. In highschool, its mad easy relative to college as far as the difficulty of the material and your teachers do more to make sure you do your work and you're living at home where parents have more of an eye on you.

I've seen AP class taking, 5.0 GPA (from ap courses) types come to college and get their first taste of failure. Maybe not .2 GPA bad but they are retaking classes. In college, you may have a few professor that really focus on their students doing well, but for the most part they view their shyt as a job and at public universities especially, lecturing and teaching for professors is a side gig to their main job which is doing research for the university. Secondly, you no longer have your parents on your ass day in and day out and making sure you get to school on time or having teachers call home because you didn't show up for class. If you don't show up for class, no one is going to give a fukk. So imagine a kid who never had independence like this before and being surrouded by all the vices of college life. If they don't have discipline outside of the controlled parental and educational environment of high school, they can fall behind easily.

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
College aint even that much harder than high school the first two years. You can pass all those general studies pre reqs without even trying. I used to fuk hoes, stay up all nite smoking n playing Madden. Even would roll up, smoke and go to class blazed and still pass.
You can skip classes n still pass tbh.