Yelawolf likes the confederate flag, deletes IG posts

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
the civil war wasn't just about slavery… and also, you're extremely hurt over this subject like someone with a confederate flag on their car affects your daily activities and how you function
What else was it about?

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
Unknown-1.jpeg
jacket fire :wow:
858d39ea-17f2-49a7-947c-1417a47f2f85_kanye-west-confederate-flag.jpg
shirt is :wow:

i wonder where ye got the idea for the skull :wow:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
The south seceded from the union. It represented their separation from the union and their formation of an independent collective of states. With that in mind, people use the flag as a symbol of southern pride
But why did they secede?

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What the founders of the confederacy intended the flag to represent is irrelevant. What matters is the meaning and symbolism of the flag today. Today it is a racist symbol. Period.

Meaning and symbolism of the flag or any other symbolic thing varies from person to person. You and I interpreting it different is an example of how a symbol is open to interpretation. People who are ignorant of the history might see it one way, people who know the history might see it another way.

aRoMaN21

Daps
Meaning and symbolism of the flag or any other symbolic thing varies from person to person. You and I interpreting it different is an example of how a symbol is open to interpretation. People who are ignorant of the history might see it one way, people who know the history might see it another way.

:dead:

yeah. lets just ignore DAVIS and his general who put together the flag and its sewing pattern, and told everyone how it should be interpreted :stopitslime:

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead:

yeah. lets just ignore DAVIS and his general who put together the flag and its sewing pattern, and told everyone how it should be interpreted :stopitslime:

:mjpls: I thought you were done. Like I said, people view things different. I'm not repeating myself. You're more than welcome to respond to any of my earlier posts you conveniently ignored. Try reading them first, though.

aRoMaN21

Daps
:mjpls: I thought you were done. Like I said, people view things different. I'm not repeating myself. You're more than welcome to respond to any of my earlier posts you conveniently ignored. Try reading them first, though.

I read all your posts. And i still cant fathom how you think people should "interpret" something that was already interpreted into a cloth when it was made.
everyone wants to ignore the ideals of what that cloth represented... and it was more than a "southern pride" thing.
Davis meant it to be the flag of the New World Order to being in the south.
how can anyone defend that piece of shyt flag and say it wasnt created frm a hateful superior mindset.
Maybe now it means something different, but thats like me saying i should rethink the NAZI flag and make the swastika mean somethin else. :dahell:

aRoMaN21

Daps
so is kanye trying to get white money? or be a rebel? :ohhh:

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read all your posts. And i still cant fathom how you think people should "interpret" something that was already interpreted into a cloth when it was made.
everyone wants to ignore the ideals of what that cloth represented... and it was more than a "southern pride" thing.
Davis meant it to be the flag of the New World Order to being in the south.
how can anyone defend that piece of shyt flag and say it wasnt created frm a hateful superior mindset.
Maybe now it means something different, but thats like me saying i should rethink the NAZI flag and make the swastika mean somethin else. :dahell:

Then your comprehension of my points is piss poor. I'm not telling anyone to interpret anything a certain way, my point is that there are many reasons for why someone feels a certain way about a symbol, and that's on them.

The Nazi flag was the symbol of the nazi party. It's not an offensive symbol, but because it's associated with radical neo-nazism and genocide and war and all that shyt, it becomes a horrible symbol.

The original swastika by itself is not an offensive symbol whatsoever.

As far as the national CSA flag and its derivatives, you're implying I'm defending the circumstances in which it was created. I am not. I am defending other people's freedom to honor it. I'm simply respecting the view that some people hold about a symbol, that again, is open to interpretation, because again, there are many interpretations as it is a symbol.

How Davis viewed the flag is different from how many others may have perceived it. N

Some people see the flag many of us honor as an offensive, disgusting symbol. Your entire world view is different from mine, and vice-versa. Our experiences, our upbringing—everything shapes how we perceive something as innocuous as a shape with colors and stars and shyt on it.

If someone chooses to honor a symbol without hurting me or my family, I believe they should be free of persecution of any kind.