Yeezus ACTUAL Production Credits & Ghostwriters

Don Dada F Poppa

Benchwarmer
Daps
Reppin
MD
Can we just clear the air on "ghostwriting" and what it means?

A Ghostwriter is a writer who isn't credited on an album, whereas a "co-writer" is obviously someone who is credited.

Example: Royce was a ghostwriter for Dr. Dre's 2001 album, he wasn't credited for writing any of Dr. Dre's songs, but its a well known fact he wrote numerous songs on the album (Forget About Dre being the biggest one).

Rhymefest wrote "Jesus Walks," but is credited for writing the song, meaning he's not a "ghostwriter."

:snoop:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Can we just clear the air on "ghostwriting" and what it means?

A Ghostwriter is a writer who isn't credited on an album, whereas a "co-writer" is obviously someone who is credited.

Example: Royce was a ghostwriter for Dr. Dre's 2001 album, he wasn't credited for writing any of Dr. Dre's songs, but its a well known fact he wrote numerous songs on the album (Forget About Dre being the biggest one).

Rhymefest wrote "Jesus Walks," but is credited for writing the song, meaning he's not a "ghostwriter."

:snoop:

Correction..Royce wrote The Message..Em wrote Forgot About Dre..

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Cyhi should be eating good off of this album then since it seems like he wrote most of it.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Anyone surprised about the Fonzworth Bentley shyt need to listen to his never-released GOOD Music album Colours (it was released as a mixtape a year back or so). Half the songs straight up sound like some Kanye shyt, or should I say, most of Kanye's CD and LR songs sounds like Fonz' shyt.

The lyrics give it away as well but the second that hook kicked in... I knew exactly who was writing Kanye's hooks for his old albums.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Cyhi should be eating good off of this album then since it seems like he wrote most of it.

Is cyhi considered a superb lyricist or something? I dont see why Kanye would assign a d list rapper to write large portions of his album.. he prob just gave cyhi cred for bouncing ideas

Not that it matters since the lyrics arent particularly good

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
then why u trying to correct some unimportant semantics? it IS ghostwriting. period. the phrase been used like that in the rap game for years. it is the accepted slang lexicon, & I used it correctly fakkit. the "semantics" argument is just a truly annoying ass distraction.

So Kanye is credited as a co-writer on 7 of 15 songs on The Blueprint 3.. does that mean Kanye is a "ghostwriter" for Jay? :skip:

You fukking retard. You shouldn't be trying to assign titles to anyone. What do you know about writing? you can't even display a simple grasp of the english language. Good God. If the man produces a list of collaborators, essentially telling you "this person co-wrote my song", IT'S NOT A fukkING GHOSTWRITER. There is two words in there. One is writer, the other is GHOST. You can't see a ghost. Ghosts aren't supposed to exist. So if Cyhi "ghost-wrote" on Yeezus, HE WOULDN'T BE IN THE fukkING LINER NOTES.

Jesus son. Take a shower, hit the weights, get a clue.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
So Kanye is credited as a co-writer on 7 of 15 songs on The Blueprint 3.. does that mean Kanye is a "ghostwriter" for Jay? :skip:

You fukking retard. You shouldn't be trying to assign titles to anyone. What do you know about writing? you can't even display a simple grasp of the english language. Good God. If the man produces a list of collaborators, essentially telling you "this person co-wrote my song", IT'S NOT A fukkING GHOSTWRITER. There is two words in there. One is writer, the other is GHOST. You can't see a ghost. Ghosts aren't supposed to exist. So if Cyhi "ghost-wrote" on Yeezus, HE WOULDN'T BE IN THE fukkING LINER NOTES.

Jesus son. Take a shower, hit the weights, get a clue.

:wow:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Anyone surprised about the Fonzworth Bentley shyt need to listen to his never-released GOOD Music album Colours (it was released as a mixtape a year back or so). Half the songs straight up sound like some Kanye shyt, or should I say, most of Kanye's CD and LR songs sounds like Fonz' shyt.

Fonzworth Bentley- Take It Back - YouTube

The lyrics give it away as well but the second that hook kicked in... I knew exactly who was writing Kanye's hooks for his old albums.

:patrice: Damn you cant really deny this one, that's damn near Kanye to a tee

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Conclusion: Kanye needs better cowriters. fukking Cyhi the Prince is not going to tell you your bars suck. And I'm trying to imagine how Lupe let Ye get away with that 300 like the Romans line, he either didn't have the balls or he is actually the retard I thought he was all this time.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Why do people think he's a great artist? I don't get it

John Legend said Kanye's talent is in "putting the right people in the room at the same time". He's kind of a tastemaker now. If he were still makin' beats on that level of the shyt he did a decade ago, or at all anymore, and actually wrote his own shyt, dude could easily be thrown in that GOAT debate for the newer generation.

Ye's my dude, but I don't get how you can claim to be the best if you don't even write your own damn raps. LOL!! He's wildin' with that one.