Yall watch 90210?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
90210 wasn't a good show. It was some shyt I saw on Netflix while I was sick and marathoned through the first season and then skipped around.

Agreed. I keep seeing nikkas in this thread saying the first 2 (or 3) seasons 90210 are good before it falls off. But when I think about Season 1 it's just a mess & is not good compared to the 1st of seasons of other Teen Dramas I've mentioned in this thread.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:snoop: I'm 9 episodes into Season 3 & I'm already struggling to get through these episodes now. I've watched a bunch of Teen Dramas & this is the earliest into a Teen Drama series I've felt this way. This show is bad. How bad are the later seasons gonna get that nikkas in this thread actually think Season 1 is good?

:scusthov: Some of these storylines this season are SO forced. For Example:

1. How the fukk does a womanizer like Teddy become gay outta nowhere? (Get blackout drunk & let a gay dude take advantage of you, breh!).

2. I'm not trying to see Mr. Matthews hook-up with Annie & Dixon's mama. Mr. Matthews & Naomi's sister had just gotten to a good place. Not trying to see this forced-ass relationship.

3. WTF is up with this pointless storyline of Annie dating T.I.'s little brother from the movie "ATL"? It just looks like they are dragging out Annie & Liam getting together.

4. I'm tired of seeing Liam turn down the p*ssy from ol' girl that got her mama to let him stay in their guest house. She don't even want to date or a relationship. She just bored, want the dikk in her life, & wants to keep it discreet. I would've been smashing her regardless of my feelings for Annie.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
just finished veronica mars

about to start this :mjpls:

see my veronica mars breh rob thomas did this show as well

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:beli: I'm currently 10 episodes into Season 2, So I thought I'd give some of my thoughts. I finished Season 1 about a week ago. As I expected, this show ain't close to touching "The O.C." or "Gossip Girl". In fact, at times during the 1st season this show was garbage compared to the first seasons of those 2 shows. But, I admit the 2nd season has been off to a solid start.

They've also mishandled the characters from original series if I compare it to the "Dallas" continuation/reboot series & the "Melrose Place" continuation/reboot series.

:jawalrus: Despite this show not being all that, I'm a stick with it to the end for for a few reasons:

1. Long-ass official thread on The Coli.
If wasn't for this long-ass thread existing on this forum, I wouldn't have bothered with this show. I definitely look forward to reading y'alls discussions in this during the last couple of seasons.

2. Male lead actor/character is Black.
We've never got this on these white teen dramas. The closest we got is Wallace on "Veronica Mars", Smash and Vince on "Friday Nights Lights" (FNL is more of a Family Drama than a Teen Drama though), and Skills on "One Tree Hill". But Wallace, Smash, & Vince were part of the regular cast, not the leads. And you can probably say Skills wasn't a major character despite the fact he was part of the regular cast.

3. :whew::noah:Bad white bytches everywhere
Like I said in the past, the 1 thing CW shows does right is cast bad white hoes. Naomi, Adrianna, Naomi's mom, Naomi's sister, & etc can get it. Even Annie who I shytted on in the 1st season for being so basic-looking, has been fixed-up for the 2nd season & is looking smashable.

4. The Show is part of the "Beverly Hills, 90210 franchise"

I've watched the first 7 seasons of the original "Beverly Hills, 90210" & the first 5 seasons of the original "Melrose Place" before quitting on them. So, naturally this show has me interested. I'm also currently watching the "Melrose Place" continuation/reboot series alongside Season 2 of "90210".

oh crap my breh satam is in here :salute:

yeah watching this now tristan does seem like wallace if wallace had a big role
just 5 episodes in :ehh:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
oh crap my breh satam is in here :salute:

yeah watching this now tristan does seem like wallace if wallace had a big role
just 5 episodes in :ehh:

:stopitslime: Breh, You just hoped on this joint? I wouldn't even consider recommending this show to someone if they was asking me about a Teen/Young Adult drama to get into.

Off the top of my head, Have you watched the following "The Vampire Diaries", "The O.C.", "Gossip Girl", "Friday Night Lights", "One Tree Hill", or "Gilmore Girls"?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:stopitslime: Breh, You just hoped on this joint? I wouldn't even consider recommending this show to someone if they was asking me about a Teen/Young Adult drama to get into.

Off the top of my head, Have you watched the following "The Vampire Diaries", "The O.C.", "Gossip Girl", "Friday Night Lights", "One Tree Hill", or "Gilmore Girls"?

the oc but stopped watching when mischa barton died.
friday night lights yup

damn you dont give a stamp of approval for this show?
im 8 episodes in should i stop, i still have no idea wahts its about, if it has a plot or a end story.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
just finished veronica mars

about to start this :mjpls:

see my veronica mars breh rob thomas did this show as well

LOL

Completely different shows breh

It's like The Wire and Treme - they're both David Simon shows, they're complete polar opposites.

:snoop: Rob Thomas ONLY worked on the pilot episode of "90210". This show doesn't remind me of "Veronica Mars" AT ALL! If you got into this show because of Rob Thomas' name, you can bail right now. I already recommend a few shows for you.

Heck, I'd recommend "Dawson's Creek" over 90210. Rob Thomas was more involved in the 1st season of The Creek, than he ever was on 90210.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
damn you dont give a stamp of approval for this show?
im 8 episodes in should i stop, i still have no idea wahts its about, if it has a plot or a end story
:camby:Nope. Like I said there are better Teen/Young Adult dramas than struggle-ass 90210. I'm only watching it because of this 20+ page discussion thread & the bad bytches on the show.

the oc but stopped watching when mischa barton died.
friday night lights yup

The last season of "The O.C." is still a solid, good season. So it's worth watching.

I've mentioned this several times on this forum: If you fukk with "The O.C.", You will like "Gossip Girl". "Gossip Girl" is basically an East Coast/NYC version of "The O.C.", from the same Creator/Producers/Writers/ShowRunners of "The O.C." Same comedic tone & evreything.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:camby:Nope. Like I said there are better Teen/Young Adult dramas than struggle-ass 90210. I'm only watching it because of this 20+ page discussion thread & the bad bytches on the show.

The last season of "The O.C." is still a solid, good season. So it's worth watching.

I've mentioned this several times on this forum: If you fukk with "The O.C.", You will like "Gossip Girl". "Gossip Girl" is basically an East Coast/NYC version of "The O.C.", from the same Creator/Producers/Writers/ShowRunners of "The O.C." Same comedic tone & evreything.

really?
i thought gossip girl was just like a sex and the city with younger women

this show feels like a saturday morning show on one saturday morning like no plot nothing really ties in together, mundane story lines

why im i still watching :heh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:snoop: Rob Thomas ONLY worked on the pilot episode of "90210". This show doesn't remind me of "Veronica Mars" AT ALL! If you got into this show because of Rob Thomas' name, you can bail right now. I already recommend a few shows for you.

Heck, I'd recommend "Dawson's Creek" over 90210. Rob Thomas was more involved in the 1st season of The Creek, than he ever was on 90210.

dawsons creek is so old though :kony:, damn i thoguht thomas did the whole show, that tristan childs as the black adoptee screamed wallace fennell to me

only thing keepign me watching this now is this undercover cop

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
really?
i thought gossip girl was just like a sex and the city with younger women
:jawalrus: Breh, Who you telling??!!! I thought the same thing about "Gossip Girl" for years, even though I knew it was from the same folks who did "The O.C." & "Chuck". But I finally decided to give it a chance because of dudes in this thread: http://www.thecoli.com/threads/i-just-started-gossip-girl.168046/

6 episodes into the 1st season & I finally realize this show is "The O.C." reincarnated :ohmy: :ohlawd::banderas:

Here a couple of trailers for the Season 2 DVD set & the Season 3 DVD set:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:jawalrus: Breh, Who you telling??!!! I thought the same thing about "Gossip Girl" for years, even though I knew it was from the same folks who did "The O.C." & "Chuck". But I finally decided to give it a chance because of dudes in this thread: http://www.thecoli.com/threads/i-just-started-gossip-girl.168046/

6 episodes into the 1st season & I finally realize this show is "The O.C." reincarnated :ohmy: :ohlawd::banderas:

Here a couple of trailers for the Season 2 DVD set & the Season 3 DVD set:

damn :banderas:

and netflix got seasons 1-4
birdman rub