Ya'll Up on Rick and Morty??

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Is that so:sas1:

The Season 3 premiere of Aaron McGruder’s Peabody Award-winning animated series THE BOONDOCKS (Sunday, 11:30 p.m.) set several all-time series ratings records and anchored Adult Swim as the #1 ad-supported cable network among key young adult demos, according to preliminary data from Nielsen Media Research. The first original episode since Feb. 4, 2008, THE BOONDOCKS charted its best performance to date among adults 18-34, men 18-24 and adults 18-49. The premiere also earned Adult Swim’s highest audience delivery on any Sunday night in the 11:30 p.m.-12 a.m. time period among adults 18-34 since Feb. 8, 2009, and adults 18-24 since Nov. 16,

Season Three Premiere of “The Boondocks” Sets Series Ratings Records

The first airing of the Adult Swim program grabbed 1.4 million viewers in the demo of adults 18-34. The show was the No. 1 show on all of broadcast and cable in that same demo, up 50% from viewers in the key demos last season and the highest rated Adult Swim prime-time program in five years. It even beat out NBC’s “The Voice” and the NBA playoffs on TNT.

'The Boondocks' kicks off final season with record ratings

the premiere hit 2.9 million viewers (with subsequent episodes averaging 2.1 million). That’s way up there for a half-hour series on cable, and improved its Mondays at 10:30 p.m. ET timeslot from the already-renewed Rick and Morty.

'The Boondocks' a surprising ratings success as it trudges through a subpar final season - The AP Party

:sas2:

I never said Boondocks wasn't a success, because it was. And those ratings come from the season premieres. There's no way the first new episode in four years was going to be a ratings flop.

But it's about perspective. I've never seen any Adult Swim show have the success that Rick and Morty has had. It's one of the biggest shows on television right now, if not the biggest. They've made promotional deals with Pringles, Wendy's, and Carl's Jr. The characters showed up at the Golden Globes to present an award. The creators did a couch gag for The Simpsons. The creators of Game of Thrones called the therapy scene in "Pickle Rick" the best television writing of 2017, and that same episode won an Emmy. Other TV shows have referenced it. This year, the show did a Super Bowl commercial for Pringles. And the creators were able to guarantee job security by getting Adult Swim to renew the show for 70 more episodes. That's the kind of fame that only Simpsons, Family Guy, and South Park have gotten, and those shows have a combined 70-plus years of longevity between them. Rick and Morty was able to make all this happen in four seasons with long breaks in between.

This isn't a knock against The Boondocks, because you know I love the show and I honestly believe it's cursed with how much it's been mishandled. But Rick and Morty is enormous right now, my man.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
i remember seeing people say that about 3 but I never saw it, only misses in s3 imo was the mad max episode, Beths fantasy world and the finale with Obama, everything else was great, this season is still good, but I don’t think iv seen a single Ep yet apart from Maybe rattlestar Ricklactica that’s as good as..

rickshank Rickdemption
Pickle Rick
Vindicators 3
Rest & Ricklaxion
The Ricklantis Mixup
Mortys Mind Blowers

season 3 had ALOT of classic shyt

I feel like this season will have the same "better in retrospect" effect that season 3 had for a lot of people. I remember being iffy about the first half of the season, but I watched it back because I saw the second half coming up and it was better than I had remembered. Even the two episodes I was least enthusiastic on (the Dragon and the Heist ones) wound up being stronger than I remembered. I think the Shy Pooping episode and Story Train episode will both stand up with the stand out episodes of other seasons pretty well...minus Ricklantis Mix-up, that ish is GOAT level for me.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
but Jesus I hate the reactions from fans when every episode isn’t a 10/10

I agree, the fans are hypercritical and want the show to be a certain thing. I think they need to keep in mind that its an Adult Swim cartoon first and foremost, and almost all AD cartoons besides The Boondocks is weirdo random stoner humor. Rick and Morty has more balanced, intricate plotting and characters than a lot of their other cartoons, but it's still gonna go to weird ass places. This is why I loved the story train episode, it was a brilliant commentary on the fanbase and their expectations. Point being I think this is a show where you kinda gotta expect the unexpected.

And I'm not saying people have to like every episode. There's been episodes I've thought were disappointing like the president episode, but that's a TV show. It feel like after every new episode the fans scream "This show sucks now!" Some episodes are just gonna be better than others. Also every R&M season has had episodes that were just okay. Season 1 has some good but not great episodes like the Pilot, Anatomy Park, M. Night Shaym-Aliens! and Raising Gazorpazorp. Even some of the real high regarded episodes like Meeseeks, the A plot is better than the B plot or vice versa - rare instance where the Jerry story is much better than the Rick & Morty story.

Speaking of fan expectations, I wonder if the show is seriously gonna have Tricia Lang trying to seduce Jerry. Probably just a one-off joke though lol.

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
RipeMajorBillygoat-size_restricted.gif