Ya'll Up on Rick and Morty??

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I was just thinking this as I entered the thread. A victim of its own success. Expectations are too high and they keep spacing these joints out making expectations rise even more.

I was expecting every line to be epic. I’m over analyzing, looking for jokes within jokes. Expecting beyond perfection and setting myself up for disappointment. :wow:

This show is like brilliant underground rapper that dropped 3 classic albums but got mainstream success and he's still dope but its not the same. With that said the crew has earned the benefit of the doubt so we'll see.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
funny ep...show still feels “off” tho ever since it returned
Like the humour and intelligence is still there, but the eps in this season feels disjointed from the rest, like every episode before was it’s own story, but there was still this overarching theme of each season with things like evil morty ect.

every episode this season feels completely random and separate from literally everything else

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Being real, do any of y’all see this show being able to be consistently brilliant the way it has been for another 60 episodes?
Iv enjoyed Every episode of this season and laughed at every one of them, but I don’t think I’d rate a single one of these 6 on the level of Rick Potion 9, Meeseeks, Total Rickall, Purge, Tales from The Citedel, Pickle Rick, Rickshank Redemption..ect. :patrice:

like, season 4 is still dope and beyond any other adult cartoon, But season 4 is definitely it’s weakest so far

I was just thinking this as I entered the thread. A victim of its own success. Expectations are too high and they keep spacing these joints out making expectations rise even more.

I was expecting every line to be epic. I’m over analyzing, looking for jokes within jokes. Expecting beyond perfection and setting myself up for disappointment. :wow:

Interesting points being made here. I still think the show is funny and there have definitely been episodes that line up with the best ("Edge of Tomorty," "Rattlestar Ricklactica"), but I feel like it's becoming too self-aware for its own good. The show knows the way everybody looks at it, and it's almost like it wants to be something that it knows that it can no longer be. It overachieved immensely (in terms of popularity). Name another Adult Swim show that reached Simpsons/Family Guy/South Park status in such a short time. :wow:

I don't think the show can keep it up for another 60 episodes. People were already saying it fell off in season three. I feel like the show has enough creativity that it can keep the momentum for a long time, but when it falls, it's going to fall hard. :mjcry: