Ya'll Up on Rick and Morty??

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting points being made here. I still think the show is funny and there have definitely been episodes that line up with the best ("Edge of Tomorty," "Rattlestar Ricklactica"), but I feel like it's becoming too self-aware for its own good. The show knows the way everybody looks at it, and it's almost like it wants to be something that it knows that it can no longer be. It overachieved immensely (in terms of popularity). Name another Adult Swim show that reached Simpsons/Family Guy/South Park status in such a short time. :wow:

I don't think the show can keep it up for another 60 episodes. People were already saying it fell off in season three. I feel like the show has enough creativity that it can keep the momentum for a long time, but when it falls, it's going to fall hard. :mjcry:
i remember seeing people say that about 3 but I never saw it, only misses in s3 imo was the mad max episode, Beths fantasy world and the finale with Obama, everything else was great, this season is still good, but I don’t think iv seen a single Ep yet apart from Maybe rattlestar Ricklactica that’s as good as..

rickshank Rickdemption
Pickle Rick
Vindicators 3
Rest & Ricklaxion
The Ricklantis Mixup
Mortys Mind Blowers

season 3 had ALOT of classic shyt

Last edited:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
i remember seeing people say that about 3 but I never saw it, only misses in s3 imo was the mad max episode, Beths fantasy world and the finale with Obama, everything else was great, this season is still good, but I don’t think iv seen a single Ep yet apart from Maybe rattlestar Ricklactica that’s as good as..

rickshank Rickdemption
Pickle Rick
Vindicators 3
Rest & Ricklaxion
The Ricklantis Mixup
Mortys Mind Blowers

season 3 had ALOT of classic shyt

I see what you mean. But at the end of season three, they said that season four would be just like season one but more streamlined. They kept their promise. :troll:

I have faith in the show that they're not going to end the season without giving us at least one more classic. Either episode nine or the season finale is going to be five stars, just watch. :wow:

"He's obviously beekeeping age." :dead:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Interesting points being made here. I still think the show is funny and there have definitely been episodes that line up with the best ("Edge of Tomorty," "Rattlestar Ricklactica"), but I feel like it's becoming too self-aware for its own good. The show knows the way everybody looks at it, and it's almost like it wants to be something that it knows that it can no longer be. It overachieved immensely (in terms of popularity). Name another Adult Swim show that reached Simpsons/Family Guy/South Park status in such a short time. :wow:

I don't think the show can keep it up for another 60 episodes. People were already saying it fell off in season three. I feel like the show has enough creativity that it can keep the momentum for a long time, but when it falls, it's going to fall hard. :mjcry:

The Boondocks

Which ironically also had issues with the creator trying to live up to the early hype and getting frustrated and basically quitting

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
The Boondocks

Which ironically also had issues with the creator trying to live up to the early hype and getting frustrated and basically quitting

The Boondocks definitely had the quality, but it wasn't as mainstream as Rick and Morty is now. I know the comics were huge, but the show was never a pop culture phenomenon like that.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The Boondocks definitely had the quality, but it wasn't as mainstream as Rick and Morty is now. I know the comics were huge, but the show was never a pop culture phenomenon like that.

Is that so:sas1:

The Season 3 premiere of Aaron McGruder’s Peabody Award-winning animated series THE BOONDOCKS (Sunday, 11:30 p.m.) set several all-time series ratings records and anchored Adult Swim as the #1 ad-supported cable network among key young adult demos, according to preliminary data from Nielsen Media Research. The first original episode since Feb. 4, 2008, THE BOONDOCKS charted its best performance to date among adults 18-34, men 18-24 and adults 18-49. The premiere also earned Adult Swim’s highest audience delivery on any Sunday night in the 11:30 p.m.-12 a.m. time period among adults 18-34 since Feb. 8, 2009, and adults 18-24 since Nov. 16,

Season Three Premiere of “The Boondocks” Sets Series Ratings Records

The first airing of the Adult Swim program grabbed 1.4 million viewers in the demo of adults 18-34. The show was the No. 1 show on all of broadcast and cable in that same demo, up 50% from viewers in the key demos last season and the highest rated Adult Swim prime-time program in five years. It even beat out NBC’s “The Voice” and the NBA playoffs on TNT.

'The Boondocks' kicks off final season with record ratings

the premiere hit 2.9 million viewers (with subsequent episodes averaging 2.1 million). That’s way up there for a half-hour series on cable, and improved its Mondays at 10:30 p.m. ET timeslot from the already-renewed Rick and Morty.

'The Boondocks' a surprising ratings success as it trudges through a subpar final season - The AP Party

:sas2: