Yall still going to the gym during coronavirus era

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I went back for the first time this week. Gym wasn’t crowded at all and everyone was masked up :yeshrug:
Just because something is available to do doesn’t make it a good idea. The gym is just not a good place to be right now. This virus might not kill you but it could kill someone you love or know or leave them with long term damage. The gym is up there with bars, clubs, and indoor restaurants in places people should just avoid right now because it’s an environment with the highest probability to spread the virus.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Just because something is available to do doesn’t make it a good idea. The gym is just not a good place to be right now. This virus might not kill you but it could kill someone you love or know or leave them with long term damage. The gym is up there with bars, clubs, and indoor restaurants in places people should just avoid right now because it’s an environment with the highest probability to spread the virus.

Low-key kinda agree. I do think the degree to which the gym puts you at risk is gonna vary on how it's set up, how many ppl are there, any mitigating practices they have in places, and whether or not people cleaning.

Now, with that said, I'm not seeing none of my older people until me and them are vaxxed. I hope I get to see my grandfolks again fore they get called to Jesus, but until then I'm keeping my ass away. Sorry Grandma. :yeshrug:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Low-key kinda agree. I do think the degree to which the gym puts you at risk is gonna vary on how it's set up, how many ppl are there, any mitigating practices they have in places, and whether or not people cleaning.

Now, with that said, I'm not seeing none of my older people until me and them are vaxxed. I hope I get to see my grandfolks again fore they get called to Jesus, but until then I'm keeping my ass away. Sorry Grandma. :yeshrug:

Sign up at CVS to go get checked for free get your results then go see your granny man

Son Goku

Daps
Sign up at CVS to go get checked for free get your results then go see your granny man

Breh I work at hopsicle, I'd just get it done at work.
But the bosses being stingy with nikkas tryna take vacation. :skip: Won't be going nowhere til shyt is sweet again. :bryan:

Somebody'd have to be in the ICU 'fore they let me call out. :mjpls:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

It's not even the cleaning. Do you trust that your gym has the proper air filtration system to handle this virus? Do you know what type of air filtration system they have? You got a bunch of random people you can't account for in a confined indoor space. It's very likely on a given day several of those people using the space have the virus and are putting it into the air.

At this point the gym is like seriously dating a chick with HIV and always smashing her with a condom on. I mean even if the condom should protect you do you really wanna knowingly continuously take that chance?

I actually still pay my gym membership to support the place and help keep it open but I'm gonna need a vaccine out before I go into a shared space like that.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
It's not even the cleaning. Do you trust that your gym has the proper air filtration system to handle this virus? Do you know what type of air filtration system they have? You got a bunch of random people you can't account for in a confined indoor space. It's very likely on a given day several of those people using the space have the virus and are putting it into the air.

At this point the gym is like seriously dating a chick with HIV and always smashing her with a condom on. I mean even if the condom should protect you do you really wanna knowingly continuously take that chance?

I actually still pay my gym membership to support the place and help keep it open but I'm gonna need a vaccine out before I go into a shared space like that.
Fair points but again every situation is different. My place is pretty wide open, masks, high ceilings and on average less than 15 people with an area outdoors to do plenty. Like anything people have to factor in what state their place is in and how important training in a gym setting is for them.

I get the arguments for or against. Even with the “for” I think people need to evaluate what they are doing to maximize time, effectiveness limit unneeded risk.

Last edited:

Son Goku

Daps

It is also very likely that I come into contact with other people with the virus that could be shedding it on the daily, you are correct. I could also say the exact same thing about working in the hospital (a place where people go when they are well and sick) and the gym (a place most people skip when they don't feel well), but my ass still goes into work 5-6 days a week. It is quite probable that I've either already had it and was mild or asymptomatic, or will get it in the future. :sadcam:

Your comparison is not even close to the same. Compare smashing an HIV+ chick with a condom to going to the gym during rona, coli brehs. :mjlol:

Look, I get it my guy, you don't wanna go. I get it. If you feel that strongly about it, you should stay home. I have no wife/kids/gf/old relatives/pets, nothing at the crib. It's just me. I don't interact with any old people on a somewhat regular basis and enjoy need the gym enough that I'm willing to risk it. If you can't say the same, then I understand why you'd wanna stay out. :hubie:

Either way, be safe B.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Well my gym is also doing temperature checks at the door, and I asked if they turned anyone away so far. The chick at the desk said not yet because everyone has been good but if not, they gotta go. Besides that though, I’m always cautious. I wash my hands often and wipe off benches and equipment before I use it. Been doing this pre-Covid.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Gyms reopening Saturday in U.K.

I tried to go the home route but it’s not working out for me, equipment limitations and general lack of motivation to even get started.

Gonna probably go back next month and run a 3 day full body routine, maybe motivate myself to do some short home workouts on off days.

Ideally I wanted to run home workouts until Christmas and then go back to the gym in the new year.

Son Goku

Daps
Ideally I wanted to run home workouts until Christmas and then go back to the gym in the new year.

:whoa:
I wonder if the New Year's resolutioners will be a bigger or smaller nuisance than normal? :lupe:

I figure they might either be skittish because of the rona and not pull up, or they might be on some new health kick and show up in force. :shaq2:

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
:whoa:
I wonder if the New Year's resolutioners will be a bigger or smaller nuisance than normal? :lupe:

I figure they might either be skittish because of the rona and not pull up, or they might be on some new health kick and show up in force. :shaq2:
Smaller.

But I think it depends on how strictly the social distancing etc are enforced in the next few months.

COVID-19 isn’t putting me off gym, it’s the restrictions that are...I know it’s for everyone’s safety etc but my local gym is small as it is so with the restrictions I assume there will be less equipment for one.

Also my gym is usually 24 hours and they will be operating on reduced hours.

COVIDs very real but it’s not something that it’s prominent on my list of things to worry about in my day to day admittedly.

Everyone just be safe.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
UPDATE

Yeah I've been going for a couple days, my gym doesn't get that busy anyway, I'm talking like 7 people is full for a fairly large gym. You have to wear a mask when your not exercising. I wipe down whatever I'm using first, do my set and then wipe down again.