Yall still going to the gym during coronavirus era

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
how many of yall have observed folks actually wiping equipment ?

Pretty much everybody wipes everything. Couple fukkboys were slipping with their barbells in the squat racks.

I always wipe machies down before and after anyways.

Son Goku

Daps
Y'all think we gotta start rocking gloves in the gym from now on? :why:

I always rock bytch mitts unless competing, squatting, or conventional deadlifting over 500. :pachaha:

Not because of germs but because my hands would tear too much without them. :manny:

Son Goku

Daps
I cant use gloves, throws off the whole feeling of pushing weight,

I'm a weirdo, I know :russ:.

Can't lift without them unless squatting or pulling heavy. Them Ohio power bars have so much knurling and my bytch-ass hands are so soft from not doing manual labor they get torn to shyt:bryan:. Using liquid chalk bleaches my shirts and hats:mjcry:.

Prolly look more bytch-made but eh :yeshrug:.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I'm a weirdo, I know :russ:.

Can't lift without them unless squatting or pulling heavy. Them Ohio power bars have so much knurling and my bytch-ass hands are so soft from not doing manual labor they get torn to shyt:bryan:. Using liquid chalk bleaches my shirts and hats:mjcry:.

Prolly look more bytch-made but eh :yeshrug:.

LA Fitness usually has wack bars, so I never had that issue. The Bar I have now is an Econ bar so the Knurling isn't crazy, but even then for these home workouts I'm probably going to just aim for High volume moderate weight especially since I'm getting older and recovery grows even more important.

Son Goku

Daps
LA Fitness usually has wack bars, so I never had that issue. The Bar I have now is an Econ bar so the Knurling isn't crazy, but even then for these home workouts I'm probably going to just aim for High volume moderate weight especially since I'm getting older and recovery grows even more important.

What's funny is I have friction burn marks on my back from using these aggressively-knurled bars (squatting low-bar). If a smooth-ass bar is in my rack I'll swap if for an Ohio. :skip:

Wearing K-tape up there now to see if that helps. :snoop:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
how many of yall have observed folks actually wiping equipment ?
The problem with wiping down equipment is you're using products that you don't know how they work because you can't see the label when they put it in those spray bottles. I know on some of my disinfectants at home it said wait like 2-3 minutes after applying to remove. The assumption is spray it on and wipe it off and it doesn't kill all the germs.
Y'all think we gotta start rocking gloves in the gym from now on? :why:
Gloves are almost worthless because once they get contaminated they contaminate everything else you touch after. If they aren't disposable and thrown away after each use you're just better off washing your hands frequently.

Gloves really only work to protect you in activities like cleaning where you do it then toss them when done. You'd touch too much working out to bother with them.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Went 5am yesterday and did full body plus cardio, going again tomorrow.
Never felt so weird going to the gym tho in my life based on the current situation.
It was nice to get back to clankin, went hella light to make sure I didn't wake up dead today.
I will probably keep it to 5am M W F for now since it opens later on weekends.
The less fukkery the better.

Ron_Mexico

All Star
Daps
My gym just closed 1 of their 3 locations :francis: think I'll just be going in for accessory work once or twice a week since i got my home gym setup now but not anytime soon.