Y'all heard about ChatGPT yet? AI instantly generates question answers, entire essays etc.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Not going to wipe out programmers or creatives. It's just going to make the 'programming language' different... we're going from a language that's more machine focused to one that's more human focused, just as we did when we went from machine code, to assembly, to c/c++ and now to modern scripting languages like javascript and lua. Those who know how to effectively and efficiently deliver instructions will still get ahead. Same with creatives. This might be used for idea boarding and brainstorming, but it's going to take artists to control the final visual output and to stitch this stuff together into an actual product. Just because the tool is more powerful doesn't mean the tool-wielder is extinct. It just means their job is less menial labor and more creative work.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
:laff: Y’all are wild. Always doom and gloom.
I'm never a doom and gloom person but I've never seen anything like this in my lifetime. This is the most disruptive thing I ever seen. A LOT of reading and writing careers are going to be displaced by this.

shyt, I just had it read a long ass article and sum it up into 3 key bullet points and passed it off to my management like I did it myself. :banderas:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
AI art is most definitely not art, that's all I have to say on the subject

Like it or not, programming, graphic design, music production, etc. can only go so far without a human touch, it ain't replacing shyt, at least in out lifetime
Yep

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
This is a good point. This might mean the end of menial work. Which is great for people like myself, but there are a lot of people who do menial labor as their main source of income.

I think a lot of those people will simply have to adjust and learn a new skill set. They will have to learn to ask the right questions and to analyze the results to see if it's acceptable.