Y'all heard about ChatGPT yet? AI instantly generates question answers, entire essays etc.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Competitive coding and the artificial parameters they set are very different from real life engineering problems. Still it is kinda scary
Exactly. You shouldn't copy and paste generated code if you can't understand the code.

Management out there copying and pasting generated scripts that wipe out their database or break a feature because of a side-effect they didn't understand :heh:

The company now starts losing $10k per second now from your copy and paste!

How you going to fix it before you bankrupt them tonight??

(Not an exaggerated number either. This actually does happen.)

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But real talk the AI just pulls info from the internet at lightening speed. It just has the ability to gather the information instantly and spit it out in a single sentence or multiple sentences.

You can see this when you ask slang terms and it takes like a minute for it to gather information.

Anton

All Star
Daps
Been using this at work to write code. It's definitely like Google and Stackoverflow on steroids. Awesome for prototyping/scaffolding or getting some ideas at worst and solutions at best for solving problems.

Professionals who know their material and fields will get the most mileage out of it imo.

Otherwise, too much risk copying and pasting output blindly that you don't understand or can make sense of otherwise.

That said, this is still early phase AI mind you. Robotics and all that other stuff are around the corner.

Attach that AI on these:

Curtains for the average person and their jobs: you got robots that don't get tired being adaptable in the real world now.

Decision-making based from knowledge can easily be programmable and an AI has access to a wealth of ACCURATE information. If you're a CEO you can probably have this thing run on auto-pilot while you doing whatever. No need for middle-management.

Congress and everybody needs to start coming through or shyt is going to get bad.

While it seems plausible that machines would indeed replace humans in the future, why not view it as a partner? It can pick up where humans cannot. For example, what if not all employees showed up for a shift or have left early during said shift? This robot could help maintain a steady pace of keeping the rate from looking bad or in general help clear work for the next shift depending on how many robots are on each floor if there were any. These could help where employees cannot.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
While it seems plausible that machines would indeed replace humans in the future, why not view it as a partner? It can pick up where humans cannot. For example, what if not all employees showed up for a shift or have left early during said shift? This robot could help maintain a steady pace of keeping the rate from looking bad or in general help clear work for the next shift depending on how many robots are on each floor if there were any. These could help where employees cannot.
That'd actually be maximum efficiency. Ideally you'd want machines to still have human supervision and training or go through a human filter.

Humans using this kind of tech to boost their productivity while the tech uses humans to make sure the job is getting done to standard.

Basically you don't want to leave something 100% to automation because there's a chance it'll correctly repeat the wrong task and you don't want that.

That's really the ideal condition every place should be aiming for.

Machine moving a whole bunch of items automatically = great.
Machine moving a whole bunch of items automatically to the wrong location the entire night = bad.

Machine writing code that works = great.
Machine writing code that works but introducing complicated bugs/side-effects = bad.

At this point AI/machines still need good professionals to guide them.

Humans basically need to make sure machines are not generating any costly overhead while seeing if they can keep updating their efficiency with training.

Last edited:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
But real talk the AI just pulls info from the internet at lightening speed. It just has the ability to gather the information instantly and spit it out in a single sentence or multiple sentences.

You can see this when you ask slang terms and it takes like a minute for it to gather information.
Thats not how it works breh.

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
Congress and everybody needs to start coming through or shyt is going to get bad.
to build off of what @Dr. Acula and @Drakes2ndCousin said, NC congressman-elect Jeff Jackson in this thread linked said this:
There have been some IT conversations that have made me feel young. Example: When they gave me my laptop, they looked me dead in the eye and asked with total sincerity if I needed help turning it on. It gave me the feeling that maybe I wasn't their average congressional customer.