Y'all heard about ChatGPT yet? AI instantly generates question answers, entire essays etc.

Daps
A lot of people are on cope my man. I just talked to a writer who said "it's sad what's happening to the art community, but it would never happen to us. An AI can't imitate the human soul."

like bruh...that's exactly what the artists said.

A lot of tech dudes ironically don't see anything worrisome about an AI being able to perform 80% of their daily tasks. I guess they believe their employers will hire them to watch a machine do the work. In general I think people brush AI off as another minor tech improvement and feel there's more important stuff to worry themselves about. The average citizen has no clue how transformative this tech is. It could have lasting impact on job availability and even our social dynamics.

That human soul shyt only matters on passion or projects where you get self fulfillment. Clients don’t care about that shyt, they see the final product and they either like it or they don’t.

For example, this dude just gained a massive following for his portrait work that many assumed were real portraits, soul be damned.

A Photographer Who Found Instagram Fame for His Striking Portraits Has Confessed His Images Were Actually A.I.-Generated​

Richard Whiddington, February 24, 2023
Joe Avery's portraits on Instagram. Photo: @averyseasonart on Instagram
Joe Avery's portraits on Instagram. Photo: @averyseasonart on Instagram
As the followers of Jos Avery’s Instagram account continued to increase so did his guilt.

His @averyseasonart account largely features black-and-white portraits of sharp facial features and blurred backgrounds. Oftentimes, Avery provided the subject’s name and a cutesy anecdote about their life, such as Lucy, “a strong woman from the Bronx,” or Jared, a Boston photographer,

The problem, one Avery struggled to disclose to his 28,000 followers, was that he was creating the images using Midjourney, an A.I. image generator. Avery made the images by entering a text prompt into Midjourney and then fine-tuning them using Photoshop.

Avery describes the work as “A.I-generated, human-finished portraits” and though the process of imitating photorealism is doubtless laborious, among the myriad hashtags that accompanied each image, not one mentioned A.I. art or generative art. A further issue stemmed from Avery having previously denied that the images were A.I.-generated and were, in fact, taken on a Nikon D810.

The popularity of the images, which he began posting on Instagram in October 2022, had wildly exceeded his expectations, creating an uneasiness that led him to contact Ars Technica, a technology publication. “Probably 95 percent-plus of the followers don’t realize [the images are A.I.-generated],” he told Ars Technica, “I’d like to come clean.”

The online response was varied with some criticizing Avery’s dishonesty and others acknowledging the quality of the work.

“Don’t call yourself a photographer, or an artist. All you’ve done is stolen from actual artists,” Ron Drynan wrote on Instagram, “You’re a prompter that finally grew some semblance of a conscience, nothing more.”

“It is A.I.-made portrait but yes it’s great,” read another response on Instagram.

The story is the latest beat in the ongoing furor surrounding A.I. image generators and their impact on creative professionals. In 2022, platforms such as Lensa A.I., DALL-E 2, and Nightcafe gained rapid popularity due to the ease and affordability with which users could create high-quality images. Artist pushback is largely based on the fact these image generators are built by scraping millions of online artworks without consent or compensation.

Avery did not respond to a request for comment.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Even cheating judges going to be out a job :mjlol:

More potential music A.I. Literally a 3 person team, so imagine more time, resources and funding:

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

All 30 Triple-A ballparks will use robot umpires to call balls and strikes for the 2023 season, according to a report from ESPN. The Triple-A affiliate for the Texas Rangers is the Round Rock Express, which plays at Dell Diamond.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
What they need to do is put an A.I on our tax code and try to sort that shyt all out.

It should just be basic logic, right?

Then a government site should have it so it's citizens can make a query about the legality of something.

Make all that shyt translatable in plain English.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Yup and this is only the early stages, imagine in a few years as things get refine. Look at smartphones, 10 years ago this was the top of the line smartphone

iphone-5s-gold-0-91d6217.jpg

Now you can take photos that look as good as dlsrs, 4k video that looks as good a cinema camera, pay straight from your phone no need to carry physical debit or credit cards etc. etc.

Soon we will get to a point where you can just write - write me a 500 page book based on game of thrones characters with a interesting plot and you'll have that ish in a few min in a ebook on your damn kindle

l

the smartphone allowed people to create a whole new market and way to express themselves.
this is an amplifier tool and the best will be able to use it effectively.
Similar to how social media amplified women
it still has to be directed correctly

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

All 30 Triple-A ballparks will use robot umpires to call balls and strikes for the 2023 season, according to a report from ESPN. The Triple-A affiliate for the Texas Rangers is the Round Rock Express, which plays at Dell Diamond.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
do you really feel like phone
Yup and this is only the early stages, imagine in a few years as things get refine. Look at smartphones, 10 years ago this was the top of the line smartphone

iphone-5s-gold-0-91d6217.jpg

Now you can take photos that look as good as dlsrs, 4k video that looks as good a cinema camera, pay straight from your phone no need to carry physical debit or credit cards etc. etc.

Soon we will get to a point where you can just write - write me a 500 page book based on game of thrones characters with a interesting plot and you'll have that ish in a few min in a ebook on your damn kindle

people can't be bigheaded like blockbuster
do you really feel like phones have progressed that much in 10 yrs tho
improved incrementally
but has there really been a big innovation

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
do you really feel like phone

do you really feel like phones have progressed that much in 10 yrs tho
improved incrementally
but has there really been a big innovation

Yes
From 3g to 5g speeds
From dinky cameras to looking like professional cameras
To be able to pay straight from your phone
Remember long distance cards etc? Now with whatsapp, and other messaging apps no need