Y'all heard about ChatGPT yet? AI instantly generates question answers, entire essays etc.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
A lot of people are on cope my man. I just talked to a writer who said "it's sad what's happening to the art community, but it would never happen to us. An AI can't imitate the human soul."

like bruh...that's exactly what the artists said.

A lot of tech dudes ironically don't see anything worrisome about an AI being able to perform 80% of their daily tasks. I guess they believe their employers will hire them to watch a machine do the work. In general I think people brush AI off as another minor tech improvement and feel there's more important stuff to worry themselves about. The average citizen has no clue how transformative this tech is. It could have lasting impact on job availability and even our social dynamics.

yup its like how photography is now. I remember learning how to dodge and burn and touching up photos layers etc. would be tedious and long now there are ai photo programs that one click can do what would take half n hour a few seconds.

You still have these retouchers clinging to their archaic tutorials etc. but them days are dead

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
artist and writers still shouldn’t be that worried if they’re actually creative enough
creative work has always been creativity + execution
it’s no different than being scared someone will steal your idea it’ll never be a 1:1 replica of what you were going to make
I guess that's true. But very few people in any industry are geniuses.

The majority of work in those industries are repetitive and mundane. On a recreational/crowdsourcing level think about the standard fan art you see online or the standard movie script. They're overwhelmingly similar most of the time and only occasionally you'll see something amazing.

On a professional level, the majority of people working in those industries are living off their ability to execute, not be creative. A few select people up top are art directors or creative directors and hire artists, ghostwriters, or scriptwriters to execute with the skillsets they've honed.

Yeah the J K Rowlings/Stephen Kings and Steve Hustons of the world will be ok, but if those are the only people who can thrive in an industry the industry is essentially dead. That'd be like saying the tech industry is ok despite mass layoffs because Elon Musk still has stable income.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

:mjlol:

Was only a matter of time before the streets got to eat too..

{full article}

people posting hours of audio of themselves speaking and cloning A.I only needs a few seconds of audio to sound somewhat convincing.

fraud is gonna reach new heights. :francis:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
yup its like how photography is now. I remember learning how to dodge and burn and touching up photos layers etc. would be tedious and long now there are ai photo programs that one click can do what would take half n hour a few seconds.

You still have these retouchers clinging to their archaic tutorials etc. but them days are dead
This is facts.

I watched videos on music production by Ken Lewis (people here probably know his work: Ken Lewis Credits) and one of the things he said that stuck with me is something along the lines of: "Go ahead and cheat. Nobody cares how you did it, they just care how it sounds. The result is what matters to listeners more than the process." Even legends like Timbaland say this shyt is the future and is that good, so why not use it. That's a billion dollar industry, plenty of money on the line and people who are "art purists" saying it don't matter.

Outside of the medical field, the "human touch" is very overrated. That's what tech is exposing.

Last edited:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This is facts.

I watched videos on music production by Ken Lewis (people here probably know his work: Ken Lewis Credits) and one of the things he said that stuck with me is something along the lines of: "Go ahead and cheat. Nobody cares how you did it, they just care how it sounds. The result is what matters to listeners more than the process." Even legends like Timbaland say this shyt is the future and is that good, so why not use it. That's a billion dollar industry, plenty of money on the line and people who are "art purists" saying it don't matter.

Outside of the medical field, the "human touch" is very overrated. That's what tech is exposing.

They had a robot couple years back from Japan hitting free throws from every section of the court and not missing..so you'd prefer to go watch a bunch of androids playing sport over humans?

I still want my music produced and sung by a human because I am one myself. That's how I like my art.
This cold soulless approach to art is not organic and not for myself and other old school minded people who still appreciate soul in their art.
Only tech crazy cacs and scammers find this shyt impressive.
Like, what's the point of creating voice mimicing software other than to commit fraud and crime??

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
They had a robot couple years back from Japan hitting free throws from every section of the court and not missing..so you'd prefer to go watch a bunch of androids playing sport over humans?

I still want my music produced and sung by a human because I am one myself. That's how I like my art.
This cold soulless approach to art is not organic and not for myself and other old school minded people who still appreciate soul in their art.
Only tech crazy cacs and scammers find this shyt impressive.
Like, what's the point of creating voice minicing software other than to commit fraud and crime??
Sorry to tell you this breh, but a lot of music is done not by a human hand and it's been that way for awhile. Drum machines, arpeggiators, etc. have been all over music for decades now. Most people can't tell when something is A.I generated. shyt, my fiance who was born with perfect pitch and has terrific rhythm (almost opened up her dance studio) couldn't tell if something is modern A.I music or human.

Singing voices I understand, but the music and instrumentation itself has been highly computerized even before modern DAWs and chances are some of your favorite songs unless you enjoy only orchestra/opera probably have one or more aspects of non-human played music. Can literally highlight a bunch of MIDI notes and hit the Random Velocity and/or Random Timing feature and it'll sound completely human-played.

What's funny is a lot of the music even by a great instrumentalist like Nile Rodgers is impossible to play because Nile Rodgers even says he records guitar on top of guitar so a single human cannot realistically play the guitar you hear on some of his songs. That's why he had that incident where he got stumped trying to play Get Lucky live when it was brand new because he was trying to figure out how to play/perform the guitar part as it was deeply layered.

Last edited:
Daps
artist and writers still shouldn’t be that worried if they’re actually creative enough
creative work has always been creativity + execution
it’s no different than being scared someone will steal your idea it’ll never be a 1:1 replica of what you were going to make

I have to respectfully disagree with this. Artist and writers should definitely be worried, even the most creative one. and looking around online a lot of them are.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I have to respectfully disagree with this. Artist and writes should definitely be worried, even the most creative one. and looking around online a lot of them are.

Yup and this is only the early stages, imagine in a few years as things get refine. Look at smartphones, 10 years ago this was the top of the line smartphone

iphone-5s-gold-0-91d6217.jpg

Now you can take photos that look as good as dlsrs, 4k video that looks as good a cinema camera, pay straight from your phone no need to carry physical debit or credit cards etc. etc.

Soon we will get to a point where you can just write - write me a 500 page book based on game of thrones characters with a interesting plot and you'll have that ish in a few min in a ebook on your damn kindle

people can't be bigheaded like blockbuster

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps

name of program?
These cacs are wild..technology needs limits.
open.ai is a multi racial company.