Y'all heard about ChatGPT yet? AI instantly generates question answers, entire essays etc.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Some companies are already replacing workers with ChatGPT, despite warnings it shouldn’t be relied on for ‘anything important’​

Nearly half of the U.S. companies currently using OpenAI's ChatGPT say the chatbot has already replaced workers.​

BY
TREY WILLIAMS
February 25, 2023 9:00 AM EST
GettyImages-1247350049-e1677262380773.jpg

Nearly half of U.S. companies currently using ChatGPT say the chatbot has already replaced workers. NurPhoto—Getty Images

In the 10 or so days since its grand entrance, ChatGPT has been everywhere: littering Twitter feeds, cluttering promotional emails, igniting ethical debates in schools and newsrooms, infiltrating dinner table discussions—it’s inescapable and apparently already nestling its way into companies’ important business decisions.
OpenAI initially launched ChatGPT toward the end of November, but the artificial intelligence chatbot had its stable release in early February. Earlier this month, job advice platform Resumebuilder.com surveyed 1,000 business leaders who either use or plan to use ChatGPT. It found that nearly half of their companies have implemented the chatbot. And roughly half of this cohort say ChatGPT has already replaced workers at their companies.

“There is a lot of excitement regarding the use of ChatGPT,” Resumebuilder.com’s Chief Career Advisor Stacie Haller says in a statement. “Since this new technology is just ramping up in the workplace, workers need to surely be thinking of how it may affect the responsibilities of their current job. The results of this survey shows that employers are looking to streamline some job responsibilities using ChatGPT.”

Business leaders already using ChatGPT told ResumeBuilders.com say their companies already use ChatGPT for a variety of reasons, including 66% for writing code, 58% for copywriting and content creation, 57% for customer support, and 52% for meeting summaries and other documents.

In the hiring process, 77% of companies using ChatGPT say they use it to help write job descriptions, 66% to draft interview requisitions, and 65% to respond to applications.

“Overall, most business leaders are impressed by ChatGPT’s work,” ResumeBuilder.com wrote in a news release. “Fifty-five percent say the quality of work produced by ChatGPT is ‘excellent,’ while 34% say it’s ‘very good.'”

ChatGPT has its issues​

As gung ho as business leaders appear to be about the potential of ChatGPT, it’s not without its critiques, including concerns regarding cheating and plagiarism, racism and sexism bias, accuracy, and overall questions about how it’s been trained to learn. The Atlantic’s Ian Bogost warned it should be treated as a toy not a tool, and New York Times tech columnist Kevin Roose said that Microsoft’s new A.I. version of its Bing search engine powered by ChatGPT’s OpenAI left him feeling “deeply unsettled” and “even frightened” after a two-hour chat in which it sounded unhinged and somewhat dark.

OpenAI CEO Sam Altman has previously warned that ChatGPT shouldn’t be relied on for “anything important,” and in a recent series of tweets expressed concerns about the dangers posed by A.I. technology—and the iterations to follow—saying he worried how people of the future will view us.

:snoop:

Of course it was always going to replace you..
For it to not, youd need empathy and understanding from your corporate employers and we can guess how that will go.
Funny how everyone is so obsessed with technology and quick to embrace something that can replace you easily without a salary.
Also, you'll get replaced faster in a Capitalist economy where ethics and empathy for the next man is non existent and profit comes first.
It'll fukk up the workforce of some nations and then get banned when poverty sets in.
Capitalism baby.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been saying for month ChatGPT is a threat to the average corp employee because it'll be more consistent than them...but people weren't trying to hear it (not on here...homies and peers in person.)

The layoffs we're seeing now will never be refilled. In a decade it's gonna be bleak for a lot of people.
Who didn’t see this? My CEO was talking about it the other day and I’m seeing a lot of talk about it in company communications. It was clear from jump to see what would happen. They can’t help themselves. If thry can wipe people out while making more money thry will do it. It’s a dangerous game but we will have to go down that dark path before people start saying “wait a minute?” It’ll be too late.

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
Who didn’t see this? My CEO was talking about it the other day and I’m seeing a lot of talk about it in company communications. It was clear from jump to see what would happen. They can’t help themselves. If thry can wipe people out while making more money thry will do it. It’s a dangerous game but we will have to go down that dark path before people start saying “wait a minute?” It’ll be too late.
A lot of people are on cope my man. I just talked to a writer who said "it's sad what's happening to the art community, but it would never happen to us. An AI can't imitate the human soul."

like bruh...that's exactly what the artists said.

A lot of tech dudes ironically don't see anything worrisome about an AI being able to perform 80% of their daily tasks. I guess they believe their employers will hire them to watch a machine do the work. In general I think people brush AI off as another minor tech improvement and feel there's more important stuff to worry themselves about. The average citizen has no clue how transformative this tech is. It could have lasting impact on job availability and even our social dynamics.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of people are on cope my man. I just talked to a writer who said "it's sad what's happening to the art community, but it would never happen to us. An AI can't imitate the human soul."

A lot of tech dudes ironically don't see anything worrisome about an AI being able to perform 80% of their daily tasks. I guess they believe their employers will hire them to watch a machine do the work. In general I think people brush AI off as another minor tech improvement and feel there's more important stuff to worry themselves about. The average citizen has no clue how transformative this tech is. It could have lasting impact on job availability and even our social dynamics.
it’s pretty scary.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

artist and writers still shouldn’t be that worried if they’re actually creative enough
creative work has always been creativity + execution
it’s no different than being scared someone will steal your idea it’ll never be a 1:1 replica of what you were going to make

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

not surprising. Why pay some communications advisor 80k a year when you can write 5 sentences and tell chat gpt to expand and reword expressing my concern with the rise of whatever and have it splurt out in 30 seconds.

I had an assignment due on the week I wrote like 50 words for each section and had chatgpt expand and rewrite to 200 words at an executive level project management hybrid model approach and it was superb :blessed:

write 100 words at an executive level expressing my concern to the community at large in regards to the rise of simps at thecoli.com

Dear Community,

As an executive, I am writing to express my deep concern about the rising number of simps on thecoli.com. While we value and encourage open and diverse discussions, we cannot allow the prevalence of this behavior to undermine the quality of discourse and respect we expect from our members.

We are committed to creating a positive and inclusive community that fosters productive engagement and mutual respect. Therefore, we must take immediate and decisive action to address this issue and ensure that our platform remains a safe and welcoming space for all.

We urge all members to be mindful of their behavior and hold each other accountable for upholding our community standards. Together, we can maintain the integrity of our platform and continue to build a thriving community.