Y'all heard about ChatGPT yet? AI instantly generates question answers, entire essays etc.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
"Make it so a 9 year old can read it"
Yup. I'm somewhat experienced in the market but it's not my expertist. Recently, I took this thread from twitter :

Copied and pasted it into ChatGPT, which in total it looks like this:
Let's refresh my macro indicators and dive into how a Macro ETF Portfolio asset allocation could look like. The two main forces driving global macro and markets are the rate of change of (nominal) growth and the monetary policy stance.
Real-economy money creation and leading macro indicators inform us on the path ahead for economic growth.
Financial money creation and risk-free real yields are key to understand the Central Bank stance and its implications for markets. The TMC Quadrant Asset Allocation model deploys a data-driven approach to assess where do we stand on both fronts, and it’s a useful place where to start.
In short: for both the US and Europe, we are sitting in Quadrant 4 – the trickiest quadrant for long-term macro investors.
Let’s quickly analyze both the x-axis (rate of change of nominal growth) and the y-axis (monetary policy stance).
The x-axis: nominal growth is set to rapidly decelerate The pace of real-economy money creatio

as measured by our flagship TMC Global Credit Impulse index is very low This index (black, LHS) leads earnings growth (blue, RHS) and inflation (orange, LHS) by 4-6 quarters The TMC Global Credit Impulse index measures the rate of change in the quantity of money (in real terms, as % of GDP) held by the non-financial private sector in the 5 largest economies in the world.
Why does it lead the rate of change of growth and inflation well?
Because the more real-economy money creation is available for households and corporates to spend, the more they are likely to boost consumption, spending and hence push nominal activity up. And given the real-economy went RRRB in 2022, nominal growth in 2023 looks poor.
Not only that: other macro indicators also point to a deterioration in the job market. Amongst many others, the dramatic tightening of US Financial Conditions in 2022 sets the stage for a much weaker labor market in 2023. US NFPs should quickly converge to zero in H1 2023.
After all, it’s how the economic cycle works.
Higher rates, wider credit spreads, lower equity multiples, higher US Dollar leads to tighter financial conditions which leads to companies cut discretionary spending which leads to weaker growth and earnings and finally leading to deleveraging: companies cut capex and labor.
Rapid deterioration in US Financial Conditions lead weaker hiring trends by roughly 3 quarters. Bottom line: both in Europe and in the US the real-economy printing press has stopped working, and leading macro indicators also point to a sharp deceleration in nominal growth.
That means we are sitting on the left side of the TMC Quadrant Asset Allocation model. What about the other axis? The y-axis: the monetary policy stance is very tight. To assess the monetary policy stance, I look at real yields and the rate of change in financial money (bank reserves).
Real yields are much higher than equilibrium – and that’s a problem for risk assets. Why? It’s all about relativity and equilibrium. The US and European economies are both hyper-financialized, over-leveraged and grey-haired; perhaps to slightly different extents, but they are roughly in the same boat.
That implies that the equilibrium real rate (r*) at which these economies can run smooth and deliver potential growth without overheating or falling into recession are very low – high private and public debt levels, stagnant productivity, and an ageing population are to be blamed.
R* is estimated to be at roughly +25 bps in the US and -50 bps in Europe. Today, market-implied medium term real yields are much higher than these equilibrium levels both in the US and in Europe. This has important implications. Real yields much higher than equilibrium impair the private sector ability to borrow cheaply, and hence dampen growth prospects while providing a high risk-free return for investors
Not a surprise to see that every time such a setup was prevalent in the US and in Europe risk assets had a hard time On top of this, the financial money printing press went from BRRR to RRRB The rate of change of financial money (i.e. bank reserves) is the other important component necessary to gauge the overall monpol stance.
When the amount of interbank money is rapidly increasing, banks' appetite for riskier investments increases...and vice-versa.
But given the US and EU QT and the large amount of TLTRO repayments in Europe, the 6-month rate of change of EUR & USD Bank Reserves is likely to hit its lowest level in 10 years during 2023. Never like in 2023, EUR and USD reserves will be drained hard from the system. Bottom line: real-economy money printing has come to a halt and nominal growth is set to quickly deteriorate in 2023, while the monetary policy stance remains tight and the global financial money printers are also broken.

I wanted to get to know what they were talking about, but the it's a whole lot to read (from twitter no less) and there were images everywhere.

I asked ChatGPT to explain things simpler: "Translate this block of text in 200 words or fewer using simpler terms. What are the three main points?":
The main points discussed in this text are:
  1. The two main forces driving global macroeconomic trends and financial markets are the rate of economic growth and the monetary policy stance (actions taken by central banks).
  2. The TMC Quadrant Asset Allocation model uses data to analyze these trends and currently suggests that both the US and Europe are in a difficult position for long-term investors.
  3. Economic growth is slowing down and monetary policy is tight, which is likely to lead to challenges for investments that carry a higher level of risk but also have the potential for higher returns (risk assets).

I saw the article mention something about jobs so I asked to break that down in the same conversation "From that article what is the author trying to say about the job market":
Based on the text provided, it seems that the author is suggesting that the job market is deteriorating. This is indicated by a number of macroeconomic indicators, including a low pace of real-economy money creation as measured by the TMC Global Credit Impulse index and the dramatic tightening of US financial conditions in 2022. The text also mentions that these trends are likely to lead to a weaker labor market in 2023, with US non-farm payrolls (NFPs) expected to quickly converge to zero in the first half of 2023. Additionally, the text notes that when similar trends have been prevalent in the past in the US and Europe, risk assets (investments that carry a higher level of risk but also have the potential for higher returns) have had a hard time.

1/4 of the total words from the original article and now I got the gist of it, which makes the article easier to read for the details and I can go back and look at the images/pictures.

You can even ask it to break it down even more simpler than that, summarize only the info you're confused about as you read it, ask it to clarify what you're confused about (consider there is enough information provided), etc. and it does it with zero snark and judgement. Even ask it to come up with conclusions from outside the article. All of this goes right into building a personal, intuitive understanding of the material.

It can do the same thing for code from blocks to files of source code.

Good messages are missed many times because the people explaining it miss the forest for the trees. ChatGPT is a great way to bridge that. It's like an ultra smart friend.

Last edited:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
write a story 1000 words or less about spider-man working as a U.S. guard in abu ghraib prison in Iraq when the torture was happening.

Peter Parker had always known that he wanted to serve his country. When the opportunity arose to join the military and work as a guard at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq, he jumped at the chance.

As Spider-Man, he had dedicated his life to fighting crime and protecting the innocent. Now, as a U.S. guard at Abu Ghraib, he saw the opportunity to do the same on a larger scale.

At first, everything seemed to be going well. Peter worked hard, earning the respect and admiration of his fellow guards and superiors. He was proud to be serving his country and making a difference in the world.

But as time passed, Peter began to notice strange things happening at the prison. He would hear screams and cries coming from the cells late at night. He would see guards leading prisoners away, their faces contorted in pain and fear.

One day, Peter decided he couldn't take it anymore. He had to see for himself what was happening in those cells. He donned his Spider-Man suit and snuck into the prison after hours.

What he saw shocked him to the core. Prisoners were being tortured and humiliated, their basic human rights being stripped away. He saw guards laughing and taking photos as they inflicted pain on the prisoners.

Filled with outrage and disgust, Spider-Man knew he had to do something. He couldn't stand by and watch this injustice happen any longer.

He sprang into action, taking down the guards one by one and freeing the prisoners from their cells. As he swung through the prison, he could see the gratitude and relief in the prisoners' eyes. He knew he had made a difference, even if it was just a small one.

But as he swung back home to New York, Spider-Man couldn't shake the feeling of guilt and shame. He had been a part of a system that had allowed this torture to happen. He had turned a blind eye, thinking he was doing the right thing by serving his country.

As he swung through the empty streets, he made a vow to himself. From now on, he would never let his desire to serve cloud his judgment. He would always stand up for what was right, no matter the consequences.

He swung off into the night, ready to face whatever challenges came his way and determined to make amends for his past mistakes.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
In 5 minutes, I extracted more value from a book I didn't buy, than I would've if I paid for it and read it.

Blog-Photo142_2021-01-13-151652.jpg

"What are the top 5 ideas in the book "atomic habits?"

Here are the top 5 ideas from the book "Atomic Habits" by James Clear:

1. Small changes can lead to big results over time.
  2. Habits are the compound interest of self-improvement.
  3. Make it easy to do the right thing and hard to do the wrong thing.
  4. Use "habit stacking" to build new habits onto existing ones.
  5. Use the "2-minute rule" to make it easier to start new habits.

Pretty basic, right? Now let's get more juice from the AI...

"Elaborate on each idea and include action steps."

1. Small changes can lead to big results over time. This idea suggests that making small improvements to your habits and behaviors can have a significant impact on your overall success and well-being. Action steps: Identify one small habit you can improve and focus on making that change consistently. Monitor your progress and celebrate your victories along the way.
  2. Habits are the compound interest of self-improvement. This idea suggests that habits have a cumulative effect on your life, similar to how compound interest grows over time. Action steps: Identify one important area of your life where you want to make progress, and focus on developing positive habits in that area. Monitor your progress and celebrate your victories along the way.
  3. Make it easy to do the right thing and hard to do the wrong thing. This idea suggests that by setting up your environment and routines in a way that makes it easier to make good choices, you can increase your chances of success. Action steps: Identify one habit you want to improve and think about what small changes you can make to your environment or routine to make it easier to do the right thing. Experiment with different strategies and find what works best for you.
  4. Use "habit stacking" to build new habits onto existing ones. This idea suggests that you can make it easier to develop new habits by attaching them to existing habits you already have. Action steps: Identify one existing habit you have and think about what new habit you would like to build onto it. Design a habit stack that includes both habits and practice it consistently.
  5. Use the "2-minute rule" to make it easier to start new habits. This idea suggests that you can make it easier to start new habits by setting a goal to do them for just 2 minutes at first. Action steps: Identify one new habit you want to develop and set a goal to do it for just 2 minutes per day. Gradually increase the amount of time you spend on the habit over time.
:blessed:

Of course I can format the output for better visual spacing and readability.

Just insane, and this is only scratching the surface.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
this shyt is ridiculous. With this and github copilot, coding efficiency is just :banderas:
Facts. Plus you can translate code in order to learn new programming languages.

For example:

"Convert this Javascript code into Rust:"
Input:
Code:
function makeBankAccount() {
  // this one is private
  let balance = 0;

function getBalance() {
    return balance;
  }

function setBalance(amount) {
    balance = amount;
  }

return {
    getBalance,
    setBalance
  };
}

const account = makeBankAccount();
account.setBalance(100);

Output:
Code:
fn make_bank_account() -> BankAccount {
    let balance = 0;

BankAccount {
        balance,
        get_balance: get_balance,
        set_balance: set_balance,
    }

fn get_balance() -> i32 {
        balance
    }

fn set_balance(amount: i32) {
        // ... validate before updating the balance
        balance = amount;
    }
}

struct BankAccount {
    balance: i32,
    get_balance: fn() -> i32,
    set_balance: fn(i32),
}

let account = make_bank_account();
account.set_balance(100);

I've had this thing write, refactor, break down, etc. some magnificent code, with unit and integration tests backing them up :banderas:

Last edited:

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facts. Plus you can translate code in order to learn new programming languages.

For example:

Input:
Code:
Convert this Javascript code into Rust:
function makeBankAccount() {
  // this one is private
  let balance = 0;

function getBalance() {
    return balance;
  }

function setBalance(amount) {
    balance = amount;
  }

return {
    getBalance,
    setBalance
  };
}

const account = makeBankAccount();
account.setBalance(100);

Output:
Code:
fn make_bank_account() -> BankAccount {
    let balance = 0;

BankAccount {
        balance,
        get_balance: get_balance,
        set_balance: set_balance,
    }

fn get_balance() -> i32 {
        balance
    }

fn set_balance(amount: i32) {
        // ... validate before updating the balance
        balance = amount;
    }
}

struct BankAccount {
    balance: i32,
    get_balance: fn() -> i32,
    set_balance: fn(i32),
}

let account = make_bank_account();
account.set_balance(100);
it's too good to be true, i feel like i got to do everything right now before they take this technology away from us :damn:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
@brehsimilitude I know you've probably already done something brainy with this

nope. sorry bossman :francis: :francis:.

i doubt that anything less than true strong AI might be able to write general purpose programs but they could go some way to making the task easier via verbal commands.

we know that turing equivalent programs (even strong AI tones) cannot predict turing equivalent programs (in general) so i doubt that this will put vast swathes of programmers out of business soon.

hopefully :picard:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Knowing how to prompt the AI with appropriate input of info and then knowing how to question it is a skill unto itself.
However, having intimate knowledge of a particular skill or expertise will be an exponential advantage that can't be gained in any other way than by putting in the work yourself.

This shyt is crazy.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
A story about robocop's battle with addiction:

Robocop was once a human police officer named Alex Murphy. He was brutally injured in the line of duty and was transformed into a cyborg as part of a experimental program to create the ultimate crime-fighting machine.
As Robocop, Murphy had immense strength, speed, and agility, as well as advanced artificial intelligence that allowed him to analyze and process information quickly. However, he struggled with the loss of his humanity and the trauma of his injuries.
One day, while on patrol, Robocop received a distress signal from a nearby hospital. When he arrived, he found that a group of criminals had taken over the building and were holding hostages. Robocop fought bravely to take down the criminals and rescue the hostages.
But as he was engaged in the battle, he noticed that one of the criminals had a bottle of pills on him. Despite his programming to never allow his emotions to interfere with his duty, Robocop couldn't help but feel a strong craving for the pills.
He knew that he had been struggling with addiction ever since his transformation into Robocop. His human body had been damaged beyond repair, and the doctors had used synthetic replacements and cybernetic enhancements to keep him alive. These modifications had also made him more susceptible to addiction as a way of coping with the constant pain and trauma he experienced.
Despite his reservations, Robocop reached out and grabbed the bottle of pills. But as he brought them to his mouth, he was overcome with guilt and shame. He knew that he couldn't allow his addiction to control him, and he made the difficult decision to throw the pills away and resist the temptation.
From that moment on, Robocop dedicated himself to overcoming his addiction and using his abilities to protect and serve the people of Detroit. He worked tirelessly, day and night, to keep the streets safe and rid the city of crime. And although he faced many challenges along the way, he never let his addiction get the best of him again.

If I had this in school in college I would have went to class once a month