Y’all don’t know sh*t about this virus!!!

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I agree. Essential workers put their lives on the line during this pandemic, I think they should have received a pay boost.

I work in the grocery industry, my company hired over 10,000 new employees,ang that were laid off from their jobs and also gave them all a pay boost.

I feel very fortunate to be in a position to work from home. Many aren’t. I didn’t understand why only unemployed people received extra pay, when it’s the essential workers that have been getting us through... this wasn’t handled right.

let’s just hope this summer goes okay.
Yep I agree.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Right. The people that are in a fortunate position to stay at home should be able to if they want. But many that aren’t should be able to get back to their jobs and doing whatever they need to for their families. I think both sides have to reach the middle ground without shaming or trying to force the other to do what they want. Let those that want to get out, go out, let those that don’t and are in positions where they don’t have to, stay in.
I’m fortunate to be able to telework. I’m fortunate that my boss is the governor who has already said he won’t be laying off state workers no matter what. He did say there will be some budget cuts tho which may mean some furlough days. I’ll take that over being unemployed tho. But not everyone is as fortunate as me. I can understand why some people are itching for the government to open back up and say fukk it. And people shouldn’t be shamed for that. We don’t know what their situations are

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It’s easy for us who are still collecting a check or already collecting unemployment to preach for everybody to stay home. Staying home is ruining some people’s lives right now. When I got my stimulus check I gave some it to people I know who needed money yesterday.

tumblr_mu6hd8i8zW1r5xh1lo1_250.gifv

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We’re not even at the point yet where testing is readily available, so how is your solution to “open up, test, and protect people” going to work?

Nobodies suggesting being locked down for the next two years. We need to lockdown until concrete information is out there and things like testing is available. What about that is so fukking difficult to get through y’all’s head?

Concrete information? How long do you think that will take? The problem is The Prez took 2-3 months doing jack all and now shyt is too late. So you're in a position where you have to get the economy restarted as quickly as possible. Need to ramp up the testing but how long will that take? 1 month? 6? 1 year? I'll guarantee you that you won't have concrete info in a year's time, aside from the country trying to climb out of a massive depression.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
If someone's urge to get back to work is more impprtant than the very health of their loved ones, then majybe society needs an open discussion on why human life is so disposable from the eyes of the rich.
I don’t think for people that getting back to work is MORE important than lives. But at the same time if people are on the verge of losing everything they tend to take risks they normally wouldn’t. That’s human nature and not something that is unique to this situation

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Biased in what way?

I been noticing shade being thrown back and forth between HL and TLR.

What's it all about??

There’s no shade.

HL is an ill functioning subset of group think. There is very little tolerance for debate that deviates from imaginary boundaries set up by the rogues who currently moderate it.

One person has lost a modship, folks get two or three warnings which gets them bushed and subsequently barred from enjoying the rest of the forum..it’s like the Coli’s version of the Stasi.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Been saying it man....they telling us all kinds of contradicting shyt and folk acting like a vaccine will be developed. That doesn't mean shyt. Even with a vaccine this virus will still be a threat and many people will die from it. That's IF there's a vaccine. So folk gonna stay at home for 2-3 years until they realize there's no vaccine? Silly. Open things up be responsible, test and protect people and keep it moving.

Talking to my mom, she told me some friends and fam had this shyt and have recovered. These are older people too. It really is luck of the draw.

there is a vaccine for the flu and 60,000 people die from it every year

and in regards to luck of the draw yup its the same for anything. I know folks who beat cancer like 3-4 times who smoked daily, i know a girl who died of cancer at 28 who was never sick before and was vegan. Some dude can get shot 9 times and still live while another can get shot once and dies

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Been saying it man....they telling us all kinds of contradicting shyt and folk acting like a vaccine will be developed. That doesn't mean shyt. Even with a vaccine this virus will still be a threat and many people will die from it. That's IF there's a vaccine. So folk gonna stay at home for 2-3 years until they realize there's no vaccine? Silly. Open things up be responsible, test and protect people and keep it moving.

Talking to my mom, she told me some friends and fam had this shyt and have recovered. These are older people too. It really is luck of the draw.
also make it law that people must wear a mask.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Because the rest of the fukking world and everything in it doesn't just pause until that happens. What part of THAT do you not understand?

You're only comfortable even proposing that because millions of us "essential workers" are out here actually facing the virus to make life for those at home as easy as possible. If they really pared down to what's essential for survival and sent everyone else home (I mean our lives should matter too, right) you wouldn't be so quick to advocate for a lockdown until "whenever information I feel comfortable with is reported."

This country has already determined it is willing to risk a certain amount of lives to keep things "comfortable" for the time being and the population is okay with that. So it's not about saving the most lives, it's about saving your own skin. That's natural. Just be honest about it. Stop trying to take this moral high ground. You are okay with millions upon millions of low paid essentials risking their lives in front facing positions so you don't have a leg to stand on calling other people selfish.

yup dude prob went to the grocery store in the past week, or ordered on amazon or ish.

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
Concrete information? How long do you think that will take? The problem is The Prez took 2-3 months doing jack all and now shyt is too late. So you're in a position where you have to get the economy restarted as quickly as possible. Need to ramp up the testing but how long will that take? 1 month? 6? 1 year? I'll guarantee you that you won't have concrete info in a year's time, aside from the country trying to climb out of a massive depression.

I don’t know how long it will take and you don’t either, so no need to guess. New information is coming out every day. Old information is debunked every day. Drug companies are doing trails of medication. Companies are manufacturing PPE at a high rate. Testing is improving and being rolled out more rapidly. When we get to a point we’re these things are more readily available, we should start opening. Not before.

Like homie above said, the dumbass White House even rolled out guidelines on when to open and states done already leapfrogged them so nikkas can stand in line for J’s.