Y’all don’t know sh*t about this virus!!!

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
None of us know anything about this virus which is exactly why I'm staying in the house. The more information that comes out, the more comfortable I'll be, until then I'm not taking the chance. Gotta pops with diabetes and a mother that smokes like a chimney
I get to work from home and quite frankly i've come to enjoy the money i've saved on Gas, Lunch, and also not having to deal with traffic.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Something is gonna have to give at some point. I understand both sides of the argument. But this thing is literally ruining people’s lives. I know folks who are outta work and unemployment is backed up. I work for the agency that handles unemployment in my state and the system is all fukked up from being overloaded. The agency was already understaffed so we have people volunteering to help remotely from other units. But the site keeps crashing from too much traffic

It’s easy for us who are still collecting a check or already collecting unemployment to preach for everybody to stay home. Staying home is ruining some people’s lives right now. When I got my stimulus check I gave some it to people I know who needed money yesterday. It’s a sad situation. I’m really starting to get to the point where I think we just need to slowly open certain things back up with guidelines of course. And if you can afford to stay home stay home. Too bad our government failed us but it’s irrelevant to even think about that at this point

Last edited:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Been saying it man....they telling us all kinds of contradicting shyt and folk acting like a vaccine will be developed. That doesn't mean shyt. Even with a vaccine this virus will still be a threat and many people will die from it. That's IF there's a vaccine. So folk gonna stay at home for 2-3 years until they realize there's no vaccine? Silly. Open things up be responsible, test and protect people and keep it moving.

Talking to my mom, she told me some friends and fam had this shyt and have recovered. These are older people too. It really is luck of the draw.

Not enough people have missed a meal yet. If things are relatively the same in July you are going to see a large shift in opinion. Most people only focus their energy on what is either most scary or actually affecting their lives in some manner. If you're at home getting paid you're not worried about the economic impact, you're scared of the virus. If you're out of work with no benefits or about to lose your business you aren't worried about the health of others, or even yourself, you're more concerned with the health of your business, finances, and ability to pay your bills.

Right now people can kind of pick a side. They might not be suffering any consequences as of yet, health or otherwise, just arguing based upon political bent. But it's looking like there will be a time where many can experience both sides of the pandemic first hand and choose based upon their own experience which is worse. A lot of people who will be losing their jobs don't know it yet. Doubtful they've been following the social distancing guidelines properly so they will likely get the virus.......might get real sick too.

Out of work, broke since the $600 "boost" in UI is going to dry up in July, sick with COVID and stuck at home indefinitely (hopefully not in ICU). All this BS and people are going to get the worst of both worlds anyway.

Buckle up.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
We’re not even at the point yet where testing is readily available, so how is your solution to “open up, test, and protect people” going to work?

Nobodies suggesting being locked down for the next two years. We need to lockdown until concrete information is out there and things like testing is available. What about that is so fukking difficult to get through y’all’s head?

Because the rest of the fukking world and everything in it doesn't just pause until that happens. What part of THAT do you not understand?

You're only comfortable even proposing that because millions of us "essential workers" are out here actually facing the virus to make life for those at home as easy as possible. If they really pared down to what's essential for survival and sent everyone else home (I mean our lives should matter too, right) you wouldn't be so quick to advocate for a lockdown until "whenever information I feel comfortable with is reported."

This country has already determined it is willing to risk a certain amount of lives to keep things "comfortable" for the time being and the population is okay with that. So it's not about saving the most lives, it's about saving your own skin. That's natural. Just be honest about it. Stop trying to take this moral high ground. You are okay with millions upon millions of low paid essentials risking their lives in front facing positions so you don't have a leg to stand on calling other people selfish.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
All I will say, if this pandemic had majority of white people dying from it, we would NOT have this thread.

But with black people being the majority of the ones dying from it......"GET BACK TO WORK AND STOP COMPLAINING. DEATH IS A PART OF LIFE AND YOUR DEAD LOVED ONES ARE NOT AS IMPORANT AS YOUR BILLS"

@Slangtonomo

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Something is gonna have to give at some point. I understand both sides of the argument. But this thing is literally ruining people’s lives. I know folks who are outta work and unemployment is backed up. I work for the agency that handles unemployment in my state and the system is all fukked up from being overloaded. The agency was already understaffed so we have people volunteering to help remotely from other units. But the site keeps crashing from too much traffic

It’s easy for us who are still collecting a check or already collecting unemployment to preach for everybody to stay home. Staying home is ruining some people’s lives right now. When I got my stimulus check I gave some it to people I know who needed money yesterday. It’s a sad situation. I’m really starting to get to the point where I think we just need to slowly open certain things back up with guidelines of course. And if you can afford to stay home stay home. Too bad our government failed us but it’s irrelevant to even think about that at this point
Right. The people that are in a fortunate position to stay at home should be able to if they want. But many that aren’t should be able to get back to their jobs and doing whatever they need to for their families. I think both sides have to reach the middle ground without shaming or trying to force the other to do what they want. Let those that want to get out, go out, let those that don’t and are in positions where they don’t have to, stay in.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Dumb fukk. Human history is filled with shyt, even much worse that the corona, that we have lived with and overcame.
Who said we couldn't overcome it where did I say this? You can look back the best example is the pandemic that happened in 1918 and see what went down when people stopped staying they wss at home and stopped social distancing.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
All I will say, if this pandemic had majority of white people dying from it, we would NOT have this thread.

But with black people being the majority of the ones dying from it......"GET BACK TO WORK AND STOP COMPLAINING. DEATH ID A PART OF LIFE AND YOUR DEAD LOVED ONES ARE NOT AS IMPORANT AS YOUR BILLS"

@Slangtonomo
as far as race,black people are proportionally dying of coronavirus at a higher rate. They're not the majority of cases of people dying.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Right. The people that are in a fortunate position to stay at home should be able to if they want. But many that aren’t should be able to get back to their jobs and doing whatever they need to for their families. I think both sides have to reach the middle ground. Let those that want to get out, go out, let those that don’t and are in positions where they don’t have to, stay in.
Imo the goverment should be supplementing any income of the people that cannot work from home.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Not enough people have missed a meal yet. If things are relatively the same in July you are going to see a large shift in opinion. Most people only focus their energy on what is either most scary or actually affecting their lives in some manner. If you're at home getting paid you're not worried about the economic impact, you're scared of the virus. If you're out of work with no benefits or about to lose your business you aren't worried about the health of others, or even yourself, you're more concerned with the health of your business, finances, and ability to pay your bills.

Right now people can kind of pick a side. They might not be suffering any consequences as of yet, health or otherwise, just arguing based upon political bent. But it's looking like there will be a time where many can experience both sides of the pandemic first hand and choose based upon their own experience which is worse. A lot of people who will be losing their jobs don't know it yet. Doubtful they've been following the social distancing guidelines properly so they will likely get the virus.......might get real sick too.

Out of work, broke since the $600 "boost" in UI is going to dry up in July, sick with COVID and stuck at home indefinitely (hopefully not in ICU). All this BS and people are going to get the worst of both worlds anyway.

Buckle up.

You’re going to see panicking on here around June..put money on it. Republicans are willing to give up some ducats for essential workers with the hazard pay but they’re NOT giving up the goods for unemployment and they’re NOT trying to open up the coffers for states and municipalities.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Imo the goverment should be supplementing any income of the people that cannot work from home.

I agree. Essential workers put their lives on the line during this pandemic, I think they should have received a pay boost.

I work in the grocery industry, my company hired over 10,000 new employees,ang that were laid off from their jobs and also gave them all a pay boost.

I feel very fortunate to be in a position to work from home. Many aren’t. I didn’t understand why only unemployed people received extra pay, when it’s the essential workers that have been getting us through... this wasn’t handled right.

let’s just hope this summer goes okay.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child

But with black people being the majority of the ones dying from it......"GET BACK TO WORK AND STOP COMPLAINING. DEATH IS A PART OF LIFE AND YOUR DEAD LOVED ONES ARE NOT AS IMPORANT AS YOUR BILLS"

@Slangtonomo
I don’t think that’s true. Some people can’t deal with their whole lives being interrupted as well as others can.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
as far as race,black people are proportionally dying of coronavirus at a higher rate. They're not the majority of cases of people dying.

You mean disporportinately, like north of 35% for a group of people that is only 13% of the population

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
Because the rest of the fukking world and everything in it doesn't just pause until that happens. What part of THAT do you not understand?

You're only comfortable even proposing that because millions of us "essential workers" are out here actually facing the virus to make life for those at home as easy as possible. If they really pared down to what's essential for survival and sent everyone else home (I mean our lives should matter too, right) you wouldn't be so quick to advocate for a lockdown until "whenever information I feel comfortable with is reported."

This country has already determined it is willing to risk a certain amount of lives to keep things "comfortable" for the time being and the population is okay with that. So it's not about saving the most lives, it's about saving your own skin. That's natural. Just be honest about it. Stop trying to take this moral high ground. You are okay with millions upon millions of low paid essentials risking their lives in front facing positions so you don't have a leg to stand on calling other people selfish

I’m not the president. I have no control over who is deemed essential. I was working for the past two months until I volunteered to furlough. If it was up to me most of these essential businesses wouldn’t be open rn. My life’s been fine with me going to the grocery store and coming back home. Everybody else’s would be too.

You seriously use a lot of word to write about absolutely nothing. You don’t even have a legit idea of a resolution to this other than “open everything up cause I gotta work so everybody else should to.” This is more bitterness on your end. Grow up.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I don’t think that’s true. Some people can’t deal with their whole lives being interrupted as well as others can.

If someone's urge to get back to work is more impprtant than the very health of their loved ones, then majybe society needs an open discussion on why human life is so disposable from the eyes of the rich.