Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yeah it's an extremely minor complaint. And honestly the only reason I noticed it, is because it was far easier to get from point A to B in this without something trying to murder you. :mjlol:

I remember the first area leading to the first town in "XC2" everything was low level then there was some level 80 crazy shyt right in the middle of it all. :gucci:

Fred.
breh :dwillhuh:

that's exactly it. i'm out here able to run in straight lines :why: this feels unnatural as fukk

especially after XCX where you'd get suplexed by a fukking gundam for staring at a wall too hard

Legalese

Banned
Daps
I just realized SE used the same kind of weapon equipment in FF7R

Knowtheledge

Rookie
Daps
Been on the fence about getting this never played any of the others but sounds like it must be dope!

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
breh :dwillhuh:

that's exactly it. i'm out here able to run in straight lines :why: this feels unnatural as fukk

especially after XCX where you'd get suplexed by a fukking gundam for staring at a wall too hard

5 giant gorillas and a unique one amongst them just chit chatting in the area im in. One on the other side of a bridge I'm just looking at it like wow they really got 6 lvl 80+ monsters in one area like this. The gorilla starts crossing the bridge...

:hubie: ok we out.

Currently doing that coming of age ceremony. got the 1st of the 4 items. gonna break from there. Play again later.

I book marked this vid too.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Not sure if the game is harder than I remember but I was getting mollywopped by Xord in the Ether Mine until I grinded a few levels to hit Lvl 25

Makna Forest -> Frontier Village is such a beautiful location. Those bridges...reminds me of Victoria Falls lol

Also the Satorl Marsh at night is a gawddamn painting

This game still looks incredible

:wow:At Makna Forest right now and just lost in it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm gonna really go in today, play for a few hours.

I'm gonna chill doing side quests for a sec though. I'm slightly (3-4 levels) over leveled and don't want it to get out of control.

Fred.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
"Only travel during the day. Dangerous monsters come out at night."

DbEVzrF.gif

*19:01*

TpU11U3.gif

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Did you play XC2 first?

I wanted to play this but I played XC2 first and from everything I’ve seen is that the game is dated dialed back version in everything except the story

Yeah, while I still appreciate and enjoy XCDE, it is basically a low-rent XC2. The battle system is nowhere near as comprehensive as XC2’s and the music is flat. I heard the story really kicks in once you get to Prison Island so I’m excited for that.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just got to Chapter 8

First time getting this far :wow:

Why is money so hard to come by in this game? :gucci:

Is it?

Are you not doing quests very often? 90% of them offer money. Not saying I'm balling out of control or anything but between getting gear from Unique monsters and getting money from quests I haven't had much of a problem outfitting my party.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, while I still appreciate and enjoy XCDE, it is basically a low-rent XC2. The battle system is nowhere near as comprehensive as XC2’s and the music is flat. I heard the story really kicks in once you get to Prison Island so I’m excited for that.

This.

I'm :dahell: at people earlier in the thread boosting this shyt up as better than "XC2". I wouldn't put it anywhere near that game so far. Granted, I'm only to the Nopon village....but "XC2" grabbed me immediately. This is game is fun and I enjoy it but this is clearly the first game. What I mean is, "XC2" improved on it in virtually every way.

Fred.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
This.

I'm :dahell: at people earlier in the thread boosting this shyt up as better than "XC2". I wouldn't put it anywhere near that game so far. Granted, I'm only to the Nopon village....but "XC2" grabbed me immediately. This is game is fun and I enjoy it but this is clearly the first game. What I mean is, "XC2" improved on it in virtually every way.

Fred.

similar feeling to this, xc2 caught me by chapter 3 or so, cuzz the gameplay started off real simplistic and truly fell in love by chapter 6/7.

However, so far the gameplay in XC1 is cool but is nowhere near as good IMHO than the 2nd one, the narrative does feel like its gonna end up been better but the gameplay is just aight for now. the forums had me hype cuzz folks are swearing this game was levels above the 2nd one and i dont see it.

Folks just have that nostalgia factor , where in their heads the original is always better than the sequel no matter what,and they blow it outta proportion on how good it was. It could be because XC2 gameplay can get a bit complex at first folks get frustrated and think this suck, but once it clicks and u accumulate a good number of blades:blessed::wow::wow:

Last edited: