Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (July 29, 2022)

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
That would have been nice to have, but ultimately I kicked his ass after like 3-4 tries. I use Noah sword fighter class max rams for everyone btw. I had thee healers 2 running signifier and nip running life saver or whatever it’s called that you get from nia. And I had lanz running soul hacker defense build. With Ashera as my hero.

Light work, my strategy was basically hang on long enough to get a chain attack and then hit a launch and go to work.

I unlocked all the heroes and some ascension quests including the dlc and post game heros. But I didn’t come close to doing all them damn side quests. IMO I’m as done as I’m going to be until the story dlc.

Also them last 4 challenge battles are tough
Yea they start out really easy, but if you beat all the unqiues you should be good for most of them.

The N & M is just a harder version of Ethel and Cammuravi. Focusing on one then chain attack the other. M can be annoying with evasion arts so maybe target her in the chain attacks.

I didn't have much trouble with Ghougl one since it was one enemy at a time. But biggest idea is to make sure you are doing maximum smash damage and chain attack. BUT GET OUT OF THE CHAIN ATTACK when the enemy is out of hp since you it does nothing to attack an enemy with no health in a chain attack

The heroes one fukking sucks tho. This one at least on hard requires some luck. I barely missed out on A rank on hard. The biggest thing is to do as much smash route combos as possible. Ideally remove all daze and smash arts from your AI companions. Also maximize smash damage. Using Triton's class with accessories and gems that maximize your attack. Also the 2 accessories that work great is the 110% increase in smash damage and 100% fushion combos damage increase.

Make sure they have the skills amazing growth( Boosts damage dealt based on the amount of battle time elapsed), dangerous claws (Increases Critical Rate by 10 percentage points and critical hit damage by 30 percentage points), and underworld rage (Boosts damage dealt by 60% each time an ally is incapacitated (to a maximum of 200%))

While critical rate of 35% isn't the best, if you get a critical rate on a fushion smash attack combo, you will do massive damage. I put my 2 healer class units Mio and Taion in Miyabi's class. The 100% to all allies arts recharge is too good for getting a smash route combo and doing a chain attack.

In this one target the heroes that can cast regenerative since it heals allies over time and the attack class. So prioritize Isurd, Gray, Ghondour, Segiri, Miyabi,, Alexandria and Juniper. Try to setup your chain attacks to target the regenerative healers -> tanks -> attackers -> other healers. Since regenerative healing massively heals during chain attacks. Also position your main dps to allow to hit AOE damage to enemies around the other. This can be a tremendous help but not the worst thing if you can't get it correctly.

This challenge is a real bytch. For me it is requiring some luck to get S-rank, altho getting A-rank should be pretty managable once you get the right setup, which is the rank you need to get the accessory.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Also this classes special art can do AOE smash combo damage. :dwillhuh: I thought that was a joke when I read about it but that’s actually what it does. They legit gave us heavenly disrupt here.

Immma just grind the cancel arts gem and use this to get the S-rank in the heros frontline challenge. Cause it seems I need a lot of luck to get S rank. Hell I needed luck getting to barely miss getting it to A rank.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Ok finished up the challenges and can finally put the game down. Unlike Xenoblade 2 I kind of figured out strats on my own, so challenge mode was for the most part much for was much less stressful. Most of the majority is explained to you. (Well I did learn the quick you do more smash damage the sooner you hit them out of launch. Basically the more launch duration there is the larger smash multiplier becomes). So far 2's challenge mode is better since it implemented new enemy tactics you had to overcome them. But

Heroes frontline was a challenge with good intentions but it became too tedious. You basically need to optimize smash damage without using chain attacks which can be very unreliable due to you really only want to optimize on your character in use since the will either waste smash art for fusion combo or they will smash before you, which is very very annoying. I'd reccomend using Noah's Lucky Seven class and optimize the AOE smash combo art. Tho I will admit this strategy is very boring.

Also did finish getting max affinity for all colonies. Given the amount of hours I put in the game it wasn't an issue for me personally. But some affinities are locked behind giving items to people via the card system. So yea it is annoying not having a clear indication when a colony rank is locked behind that. Definitely not worth grinding items for. At least challenge mode made grinding classes and gems much easier since you can get to 99 Gold Coins without committing too much time and even easier for silver coins.

I do hope they add a tougher mode then hard since once you optimize your team even hard mode is pretty damn easy tbh. Also wanna run through the story again in a more concise manner since after I got to the city there was so much side content you are given.

Also for the extra story DLC I think getting something regarding N & M would be awesome. Altho getting something after the story would be great too.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
what a retarded amount of content. i know for a fact ive been playig for at least 40, 50 hours...and im not even close to finishing. every time i look at the map i can see quest icons i havent touched yet, and a lot of these icons are whole quest lines

im enjoying it, just sayin theres a lot here. a whole lot

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
what a retarded amount of content. i know for a fact ive been playig for at least 40, 50 hours...and im not even close to finishing. every time i look at the map i can see quest icons i havent touched yet, and a lot of these icons are whole quest lines

im enjoying it, just sayin theres a lot here. a whole lot
You can easily get 150+ hrs of content by doing everything. It’s worth pointing out you can get overleveled when doing too many.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
this whole prison break sequence :whoo:

this, is my game of 2022. hands down

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
this whole prison break sequence :whoo:

this, is my game of 2022. hands down
If the game didn't totally botch the ending I'd be there. It's been a long time since a game ended and made me feel like almost everything that happened in the game amounted to nothing and did a terrible job of explaining what happened to so many of the characters we met along the way in the end.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
If the game didn't totally botch the ending I'd be there. It's been a long time since a game ended and made me feel like almost everything that happened in the game amounted to nothing and did a terrible job of explaining what happened to so many of the characters we met along the way in the end.
:whoa:i’m just at mios homecoming

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
bruh stays dry spoiling ffs
Dude really talking about the end game when the other guy clearly aint beat the game yet. :stopitslime:

Dude about to experience the peak moment out of the trilogy tho:blessed:

Last edited:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Combat is hella boring, at least 1 had good narrative and 2 had much better combat..yes convuluted but better...it feels like slog...am still on chapter 3 lol..nintendo's lackluster system bringing everybody down.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i love the combat system personally, but eh...im ready for it to end now.
games really need to be a little shorter. i hope the good dev houses will pick up on that soon, like sucker punch has