Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (July 29, 2022)

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ending of Chapter 5 was some great storytelling no doubt, but holy fukk that's a lot of cutscenes. Basically feels like a 3 hour movie

I feel like there's still a decent amount to go. But I'd honestly like if they just start to wrap it up after that...I hope I'm wrong about where I think the game is going...

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Combat is hella boring, at least 1 had good narrative and 2 had much better combat..yes convuluted but better...it feels like slog...am still on chapter 3 lol..nintendo's lackluster system bringing everybody down.
Combat does pick up starting in ch 4 when you get full access to combos for the cast. Before then it can feel like battles are going on too long assuming you aren’t overleveled.

i love the combat system personally, but eh...im ready for it to end now.
games really need to be a little shorter. i hope the good dev houses will pick up on that soon, like sucker punch has
Xenoblade games just be having too many side quests. Well at least the quality of these side quests have improved with each entry. Content wise this series is bloated with content.

Last edited:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Combat does pick up starting in ch 4 when you get full access to combos for the cast. Before then it can

Xenoblade games just be having too many side quests. Well at least the quality of these side quests have improved with each entry. Content wise this series is bloated with content.
I'll take ur word for it since u seem to have similar jrpg taste as mine

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ending of Chapter 5 was some great storytelling no doubt, but holy fukk that's a lot of cutscenes. Basically feels like a 3 hour movie

I feel like there's still a decent amount to go. But I'd honestly like if they just start to wrap it up after that...I hope I'm wrong about where I think the game is going...
Chapter 6 and 7 are not long. Chapter 6 is very short. Chapter 7 is the task to get to and doing the final dungeon. I'd guess unless it's padded by doing side content less than 10 hours total remain.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Didn’t start this yet. Should I?

Just did 90 hours in Forbidden West :noah:

These open world games killing me :noah:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Idk if I’m just fading away from jrpgs but this game and a few other ones I played within the last 6 months can’t hold my attention anymore.

shyt got stale and boring, the cast is meh and the world looks real drab. It’s a huge environment with literally nothing and the little towns or colonies lack diversity, they all look the same minus one

I’ll probably end up selling my copy, I’ve been pretty disappointed with my Switch lately

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Idk if I’m just fading away from jrpgs but this game and a few other ones I played within the last 6 months can’t hold my attention anymore.

shyt got stale and boring, the cast is meh and the world looks real drab. It’s a huge environment with literally nothing and the little towns or colonies lack diversity, they all look the same minus one

I’ll probably end up selling my copy, I’ve been pretty disappointed with my Switch lately

100% my feelings on it as well

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps

i feel u on everything except the jrpg part, its just that this ONE is kinda slow and boring. lol still love me my 50h odysseys with a full cast of clowns lol

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Outside of Chained Echoes I can't really think of any JRPGs in the last 6 months that were all that impressive. This game had a few great moments but all in all it was alright. I don't think I'll look back on this game in say 10-15 years and thing that was an amazing game to playthrough. Chapter 1 and Chapter 5 of this game were legit good. The rest of it was ok I guess. The ending was really a disappointment leaving so many plot threads just dangling rather than addressing them.

In some respects it reminds me of Final Fantasy XV. Solid beginning a few decent moments sprinkled throughout but mostly just alright in the middle sections. XV actually had a memorable ending where as this one tries to but it just felt half baked.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Chapter 6 and 7 are not long. Chapter 6 is very short. Chapter 7 is the task to get to and doing the final dungeon. I'd guess unless it's padded by doing side content less than 10 hours total remain.
Thanks and that's good to hear. I took a few days off but I'm going to finish over the next few days. Not sure how I'd stack this against the others yet as XC1 is possibly my favorite game of all time but this one does a lot of things better...

Might jump into that new Star Ocean after this. Those that enjoyed this, how does it compare if at all?

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Always good to mix it up. When I started playing RPG's heavy I have grown to appreciate the great short games like Metroid Dread and Doom Eternal like games.

Granted if you come back and still have these issues with JRPG's then you might just lost interest in the genre. The genre has a big issue of offering quantity content over quality. Trails prob is the biggest criminal in that regard.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Finally finished last night

That last dungeon went on FOREVER. I thought it would never end honestly. It was a great way to level up and get ready for the final battle I guess, I just wish it wasn't so repetitive.

The final battle, oh boy, while it was a huge exposition and quite epic - I died once during the massive head phase - and had to do the whole fukking thing over. With unskippable cutscenes, just wow. What a design choice lol, anyways I switched a few gems around and got through the second time with no hiccups.

On a positive note, that ending and the post credits scene were sad as fukk but when you think about it, it's not sad. These people are incredible and will find a way to see each other again. The game was always about sacrificing for the greater good. A lot of little clues and hints lead up to this, and Noah being in Shulk's world now opens up a bunch of possibilities for a future DLC or title

Also, that photo of Rex cheesing behind Pyra, Mythra and Nia each holding babies is the greatest fukking thing ever :dead:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Monica's daughter is about one of the worst characters in a game I've seen. Calling your mother bytchqueen? They couldn't localize this character better than that?
She is a Hall of Fame WOAT character in this franchise. Everytime she opens her mouth and that stupid voice says something during a dramatic cutscene I die a little inside

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i decided to backtrack and get all the hero classes. so i wont be done anytime soon, im cool with that.

and im planning to get the dlc