Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (July 29, 2022)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Just beat this :to: jesus christ

I don't even know where to start. The story is better as a whole narrative than the main game easily. Matthew is a great lead - its just a shame he has to compete with Rex lmao. Loved the Unity Combo system and the changes they made there. These superbosses are all great spins too.

Blown that they tied in all the previous games, gears and saga, in the home stretch too. Just goddamn. I was planning on a rerun of those but now? fukk.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Damn man. It's crazy to think that this is a DLC expansion. I put 30 hrs and damn this shyt felt like a damn new game.

Gameplay wise it actually feels different enough in the base game. Unit being the biggest thing. And then you also add an accessory for chain attacks. Similar to 3 you have so many different options at your disposal. I maximized Rex's DPS since his unity with A is too good for damage output. Having Matthew setting up breaks.

Also one HUGE upgrade from Torna is that not only is the community setting not a detriment like it was in Torna. But here you actually get motivated to do it since you get Affinity points from doing it. Very impressed.

The main cast is great. Matthew is riot :dead:. The stuff with N was great showing that he was the bigger man. Stuff with Na'el was great. Good arc and development from him. Nikol and Glimmer kind of represent the characters in the base game with everything they have to deal with. Interesting how they cope being freed and how they grew up. Like the fight with Shulk and Rex was a great moment for them.

Like what they did with Rex and Shulk. Shulk personality wise is kinda like he was in 1. The cool and collective leader. Clearly he is not acting as the Dunban of this group. Where many times he just is there to make sure that Matthew and the group are on the right track. It is very smooth progression from how he is in 1.

While with Rex was literally a kid, so seeming him grown up is great. You can tell how influenced he was from Vandamn and Zeke. It is easily to see how he became the guy who wants to carry the the load. Him and Shulk are a great duo.

The ending was actually pretty cool. Basically Pneuma and Logos died at the end of XC2, Ontos was alone setting the stage for the new world, but there was nobody to keep him in check. Which is why A, Rex and Shulk stepped in. It set the stage perfectly for the base game.
What the fukk do the guys at Monolith Soft have to keep creating heat like this.:whew:
When you understand the systems, the combat just clicks and becomes insanely fun and satisfying.
Ain’t no JRPG fukking with Xenoblade right now.:wow:
Seriously just between there work with the Xenoblade trilogy, BOTW and Tears is just :wow: All 3 Xenoblade while semi-complex, but once you understand it, it all makes sense.

• 1 was a solid foundation but you were forced to play user controlled Shulk for most of the game and that wasn't exactly fun. Plus optimizing involved topple locking, again not exactly fun. Also chain attacks were cool, but again felt really inconsistent.
  • 2 was a combat system where you could beat the base game and didn't understand the ins and out of the game. But once they added challenge mode you had to go back and realized how you can optimize Damage over time and chain attacks.
  • 3 just took the complex system of 2, but basically took the complexity that 2 had, but made it more streamlined. It wasn't really easier, but more so easier to understand.
Now that all the pieces of the story from the 3 games and 2 Expansions is here, everything clicks. Being able to create a trilogy like this is just :wow:

Just beat this :to: jesus christ

I don't even know where to start. The story is better as a whole narrative than the main game easily. Matthew is a great lead - its just a shame he has to compete with Rex lmao. Loved the Unity Combo system and the changes they made there. These superbosses are all great spins too.

Blown that they tied in all the previous games, gears and saga, in the home stretch too. Just goddamn. I was planning on a rerun of those but now? fukk.

I will do a rerun of the whole franchise once Nintendo offers a remaster of this trilogy once a more powerful switch comes whenever that may be. I am shameless I would buy them full price if they end up doing that.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Finally wrapped this up fully. Did everything get rank V for all the gems (because it is kind of pointless tbh)

IMG_3749.jpg

IMG_3748.jpg

IMG_3750.jpg

I'll put my setups below here.

IMG_3746.jpg

IMG_3745.jpg

IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3743.jpg

IMG_3742.jpg

IMG_3741.jpg

IMG_3751.jpg

IMG_3747.jpg

• The biggest thing is Rex & Glimmer Unity is honestly needed for the supperbosses. Increases Rex's crit rate (and party) by 20% not to mention the increased critical hit damage by 50%
  • I do like Matthew & Nikol since I used Matthew in every round of chain attacks so the 200% damage with AOE is great for him.
  • Then that leaves A & Shulk. Giving allies +15% accuracy and evasion is a great buff.
  • The superbosses themselves are def tough initially. And are a big jump. Setting up chain attack damage is vital. Make sure Rex and Shulk have break proaches. And lastly make sure you optimize the damage Rex outputs. Also giving Glimmer a unit combo accessory is great since it will aid in the damage by shulk. You should easily obtain a memory locket to allow Nikol to revive allies. Maximize his block rate and also at low %'s to allow him to revive even at low %'s.
  • Rex's damage output is insane he is gonna be dying multiple times in a fight, but given who stupid he is with Double Spinning Edge it is no sweat.
  • Don't forget to maximize your weapons to level X.
Now this just somethings I listed with each SuperBoss
  1. Gotthard, the Ethereal - This is your typical beefy superboss. The only thing to be careful of is that he can spawn reinforcements. Which really is an issue when he spawn the big level 61 one.
  2. Bioluminescent Bob - fukk BOB :pacspit: . Awful experience fighting him. He is hard af to hit, hard af to break and constantly locks you from chain attacks. Miserable experience fighting him. Breaking him is the big thing. What I did was gave Chaotic Memory to both Matthew and Rex. This lets them get a guaranteed him on an art if canceled into it. Basically needed if you want to land hits you need to user control both of them. Matthew has insane passives for art cooldowns. The idea was get a break on him then switch to Rex and spam Double Spinning Edge.
  3. Thunderfish Duna-Roe - Honestly the only thing with this is the AOE that puts your party to sleep. You can get the 90/95% item for Colony 9 for a reasonable price that is good enough. Just give the 100% one you get to one of your healers. (For me I picked A). I didn't give it to Rex since I wanted to optimize chain attacks damage from him. Beyond that this fight was pretty reasonable.
  4. Stronghammer Dorga & Peacebring Divalo - This fight consists of 2 superbosses together. This fight can be pretty straightforward or a pain in the ass depending how you want to go about it. Reason for this you beat one the other will SPAM AOE instant kill moves till your party falls. If you just want to simply get 100% in the afffinity stuff like I did just beat one accept defeat. Come back beat the other accept defeat. Now if you want to defeat both and getting the gravestone for personal completionism purposes I would do it as the following.
    1. Get each of their healths to 50%.
    2. Pick one to kill without chain attacks. (I would go for Divalo since damage is a lot easier to do on that one)
    3. Use a chain attack to finish the other.
  5. Fogdeller Abaasy - Honestly this fight isn't too bad once you figure things out. The thing to note is that he does constant spike damage to you and all blocked damage ends up at 1 when enraged. So you want to start the chain attack BEFORE he gets enraged otherwise damage output in the chain attack can be lacking. Beyond that this fight pretty straight forward like Gotthard and Thunderfish
Honestly the customization in Future Redemption is even better then the base game. It feels good when you figure things out and are doing massive damage. The only annoying thing is that in post game when you have access to Na'el as a hero, it can make chain attacks not as consistent.. It is minor but can be annoying.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Are Pyra and Mythra in this beyond maybe references? If not I'm guessing it explains what happened to them?

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Finally beat chapter 3 but am still a bit lost with the story .does it pick up or start making more sense in chapter 4??

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Finally beat chapter 3 but am still a bit lost with the story .does it pick up or start making more sense in chapter 4??
definitely picks up, but like.... this story is told in a very different way than 1 and 2 were

without going into detail (and im happy most of this thread has done the same), i still think chapter 5 front to back is the highlight of the trilogy as a whole - and absolves the game of any missteps before or after

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Got to chapter 5 and some what..the 3nding of chapter 4 was good. Though the big reveal was not a shocker in the sense i kinda figured who it was.

Just got to wait for the explanation but yea it's more interesting now. It seems like they slowly building a romance arc:mjlol:

Well since I already played 1 and 2 I can guess who is the big villain at the end is:mjgrin:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
I FINALLY beat chapter 5 lol yea the ending of that chapter was dope( the whole chapter honestly).

Am a commit to this and try to have beaten by the 2nd week of october,,,,

Graphics are jarring though

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I FINALLY beat chapter 5 lol yea the ending of that chapter was dope( the whole chapter honestly).

Am a commit to this and try to have beaten by the 2nd week of october,,,,

Graphics are jarring though
I mean this is the Switch. :manny: Monolith did really good given the hardware they are given. Like this game looked good being a switch game, but obvious by current gen standards this is like 2 gens behind. Like with Zelda it deserves to be on better hardware.

Would cop the trilogy day 1 for the switch 2 if they remade them.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
up to chapter 7 lots of side quest and hero quest left lol...... but i need to see zanza etc hopefully can beat it this weekend i have a 4 day weekend and then finally get to trails into reverie lol .