Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (July 29, 2022)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So I reallllllly took my time with this game. Almost 200 hrs beating the main story and still got some more side content left to do :russ:
But great game. Story is very good I would say. Pacing felt really good compared to what we get to JRPG's nowadays. Comparing this pacing to Tales of Arise it's liike :skip: I think the twists in this game are phenomenal and beat out those from 1 and 2. I rarely get freaked out when playing story driven games but yea they hit the mark on 2 very particular ones. I do think villians in this game were a step down from 2. N was great imo as a villian, but everyone else wasn't anything much worth noting tbh.

The characters were phenomenal. This is why I prefer small cast sizes like we got here. Obviously Noah and Mio were gonna get the most focus, but everyone had their own individual arcs. Also, imo all the hero quests were very well written. Both the ones to unlock them and to unlock the ability to get to level 20 for them.

Regarding the side quests, the game still has the issue of way way too many side quests. But this is the best out of the 3 in terms feeling rewarded for doing the side quests. In 1+2 you don't really interact with people from different locations outside of those important to the main story. Here you can see these named NPC's have their own little story that continues from one side quest to another. Reminds me of a lot of trails in this sense.

The music was great as expected. :wow:Exploration is about the same here. It does feel rewarding finding some new areas, but some areas are too big still. Still never really bothered me tho.

Gameplay might be THE selling point of the game. I played it on hard and it was a lil tough at first. But once you get to swordmarch combat really opens up for you. SMASH in chain attacks is pretty OP in this game once you get the right builds going. Also, the amount of customization and options you get here is amazing. This is the first xenoblade game where healers are important. That was a nice change assuming you don't grind an item that lets non healers revive party members.

Tbh I was just fukking around with moving each character to a different class once they maxed a class. Still going to work on what optimization with the main cast and heroes will work when the challenge mode comes next week.
Did Sena really have an arc? I'm not even sure she really did much. Even the character they seemed to be building towards being her rival was more about Ghondor than her.

This game seems like it borrows heavily from the Xenosaga series. The main villain and main story concept are extremely close.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So I reallllllly took my time with this game. Almost 200 hrs beating the main story and still got some more side content left to do :russ:
But great game. Story is very good I would say. Pacing felt really good compared to what we get to JRPG's nowadays. Comparing this pacing to Tales of Arise it's liike :skip: I think the twists in this game are phenomenal and beat out those from 1 and 2. I rarely get freaked out when playing story driven games but yea they hit the mark on 2 very particular ones. I do think villians in this game were a step down from 2. N was great imo as a villian, but everyone else wasn't anything much worth noting tbh.

The characters were phenomenal. This is why I prefer small cast sizes like we got here. Obviously Noah and Mio were gonna get the most focus, but everyone had their own individual arcs. Also, imo all the hero quests were very well written. Both the ones to unlock them and to unlock the ability to get to level 20 for them.

Regarding the side quests, the game still has the issue of way way too many side quests. But this is the best out of the 3 in terms feeling rewarded for doing the side quests. In 1+2 you don't really interact with people from different locations outside of those important to the main story. Here you can see these named NPC's have their own little story that continues from one side quest to another. Reminds me of a lot of trails in this sense.

The music was great as expected. :wow:Exploration is about the same here. It does feel rewarding finding some new areas, but some areas are too big still. Still never really bothered me tho.

Gameplay might be THE selling point of the game. I played it on hard and it was a lil tough at first. But once you get to swordmarch combat really opens up for you. SMASH in chain attacks is pretty OP in this game once you get the right builds going. Also, the amount of customization and options you get here is amazing. This is the first xenoblade game where healers are important. That was a nice change assuming you don't grind an item that lets non healers revive party members.

Tbh I was just fukking around with moving each character to a different class once they maxed a class. Still going to work on what optimization with the main cast and heroes will work when the challenge mode comes next week.
Its objectively fantastic. Probably the best overall party/cast development top to bottom in a JRPG period. Even the side characters that don't contribute to the party at all shine.

Gameplay was somehow better than Torna. Only complaint I can even come up with is how you can't level down.

The sequence towards the end of Chapter 5 might be the highpoint of the whole xeno franchise :wow:

Definitely agree with the point about the villains though. Outside of N, it almost felt like XB X - you're more at war with the world as is in a way.

But yeah..... fukking 10/10 fr. This game does so much little shyt right that its just hard to put into words. Once challenge mode hits I'm diving right back in too.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Its objectively fantastic. Probably the best overall party/cast development top to bottom in a JRPG period. Even the side characters that don't contribute to the party at all shine.

Gameplay was somehow better than Torna. Only complaint I can even come up with is how you can't level down.

The sequence towards the end of Chapter 5 might be the highpoint of the whole xeno franchise :wow:

Definitely agree with the point about the villains though. Outside of N, it almost felt like XB X - you're more at war with the world as is in a way.

But yeah..... fukking 10/10 fr. This game does so much little shyt right that its just hard to put into words. Once challenge mode hits I'm diving right back in too.
Outside of J also all the Mobieus villains were too much of the same. Guys who were super super evil and that is about it. Would have preferred more quality out of the bunch, but that isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things given how great N was.

I think it comes out this week I gotta grind up the CP and some of the builds cause remembering from XC 2 challenge mode it is gonna be a massive difficulty spike. Unlike the main story, burst seems like something that will be very very important.

bis0n

(Requires Trapping)
Daps
This nikka hit ALL THREE OF THEM :why:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Me doing Ashera and Dame Alex's Ascensions quests last night.

Damn Ashera is really some crazy bytch. Like even more then you already knew. :russ:

Also you don't want to mess with Alex otherwise GG :ufdup:

Did Sena really have an arc? I'm not even sure she really did much. Even the character they seemed to be building towards being her rival was more about Ghondor than her.

This game seems like it borrows heavily from the Xenosaga series. The main villain and main story concept are extremely close.
Yes. It's more subtle then the other characters but its more so of the typical building confidence arc. Tho it is easy to miss since those moments Mio and Ghondor can overshadow her. But she clearly has an arc as long as you are paying attention.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
My Top 5 Heroes

Ethel
ethel-attacker-flash-fencer.large.jpg

Ghondor
wrathfist-ghondor-attacker-martial-artist.large.jpg

Cammuravi
smoldering-cammuravi-attacker-seraph.large.jpg

Melia
melia-queen-of-keves-attacker-royal-summoner.large.jpg

Miyabi
glorysong-miyabi-healer-troubadour.large.jpg

SmallWars

Superstar
Daps
Man I'ma have to try this game another time. The class system just wasn't my thing, and the game basically forcing you to switch class every so often. Just give me a damn healer/tank/dps and let me chill the whole way with them in their roles. Maybe it didn't really force you but the menu screaming at you to do it just put me off.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Man I'ma have to try this game another time. The class system just wasn't my thing, and the game basically forcing you to switch class every so often. Just give me a damn healer/tank/dps and let me chill the whole way with them in their roles. Maybe it didn't really force you but the menu screaming at you to do it just put me off.
You don’t really have to switch classes all that much, once you have learned certain skills they are yours to use. At most sometimes it is beneficial to have two healers and that’s about it.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
These nikkas love putting u in back to back to back boss fights it's annoying lol

At least Ethel brings some sexyness to this 😂

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You don’t really have to switch classes all that much, once you have learned certain skills they are yours to use. At most sometimes it is beneficial to have two healers and that’s about it.
My guest hero was almost always that flag girl once I got her.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
The end of chapter 5 was some of the best sequences in any game. To the point I’m feeling like they can’t match that for the final fight. I almost think they should have saved that for the end.

I’m a go get all the heroes before I do anymore main missions

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The end of chapter 5 was some of the best sequences in any game. To the point I’m feeling like they can’t match that for the final fight. I almost think they should have saved that for the end.

I’m a go get all the heroes before I do anymore main missions
That was probably the best sequence of events in the series. Maybe in any Xeno game period. Unfortunately the game to me goes downhill from there. The final boss and the ending weren't for me at all.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
That was probably the best sequence of events in the series. Maybe in any Xeno game period. Unfortunately the game to me goes downhill from there. The final boss and the ending weren't for me at all.
I been reading through this thread and it seems like based on you comments that you really didn’t enjoy this game that much. It’s been a high 9 -10 for me so far, so I’m not really worried. I’m 80 hours in and still have a lot of heroes to unlock, you said you was burned out by 60 hours. I think our opinions of this game differ greatly