Orb mastery fukkery:wow:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
New Game Plus mode coming next month. :wow:

Next Big Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Update Adding New Game Plus | COGconnected

Also the head of Monolith Soft said they plan on adding content to the game (both side quests and main story content) for the foreseeable future.

Good day to everyone who has bought Xenoblade Chronicles 2. This is Takahashi from Monolith Soft. I’m glad to have a chance to deliver my speech directly to everyone by using email this time.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a scenario-based RPG that inherits the gameplay system from its prequel Xenoblade Chronicles. Being scenario-based, some people may think “is this game just about pursuing the main story?” But this game is different. It has a lot more features than just the story, such as exploring a vast world, raising characters and the various blades, beating strong monsters, and so many quests. You’ll need a lot of time to enjoy all of the replay value, but you don’t need to hurry.

Soon, the Advanced New Game Mode (a.k.a. second playthrough / New Game+) will be implemented for all players. Other than that, additional quests and story will be given to those who have bought the Expansion Pass. We are planning for this content to make Xenoblade Chronicles 2 playable worldwide in an even longer term, so please play at your own relaxed pace. Finally, please continue supporting Xenoblade Chronicles 2!

– General director Tetsuya Takahashi (Monolith Soft)

Fred.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This game broke a million. Insane. I can remember when we had to beg to get GameStop to bring this series over and Nintendo Europe pulled the strings and localized it themselves.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Now Monolith Soft needs to cut the bullshyt out and port "Xenoblade Chronicles X" to the Switch. They already mentioned they're thinking about it, this should be all the incentive they need.

Fred.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Persona? Nier Automata?
Nier is more towards the action side for me to compare it straight up.

Persona 5 is.... P5 is not a bad game, but imo its the new face of amazing presentation over shallow gameplay, design, and writing. As awesome as the combat looks in P5, its the same trial and error/grind/curbstomp formula for the entire 90+ hours. There is so much filler between events that I have to believe they intentionally stretched the game to pad the clock for loyalists of the series as well. And the storytelling? The majority of the cast is just plain bad or only exist to push the plot forward for a moment then are general afterthoughts for the rest of the time. I don't think its a bad game, I just think that people realllllly exaggerate how good it is because of how great it looks and sounds. IMHO, Tales of Berseria is straight up better as a overall package.

But yeah, Xenoblade 2 is easily better.
Now Monolith Soft needs to cut the bullshyt out and port "Xenoblade Chronicles X" to the Switch. They already mentioned they're thinking about it, this should be all the incentive they need.

Fred.
Monolith Soft really needs to get on that and a Xenosaga remaster tbh...

I don't know why X wasn't already in the works.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Yo I'm legit stuck on chapter 7 boss at cliff of morytha. I thought of the strategy of switch my important blades before he does that affinity destroying wave or whatever. And that was actually working but then he whipped out some long ass aura blade that took 75 percent of my health then when I tried to heal, he hit me with a move that got a knock back on me even tho I had knock back resistance cancelling my healing. I was super pissed. :mjcry: What other blade has Anchor shot besides Pyra? 125 hours an still haven't beat this shyt. I wanna face those dinosaurs man.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nier is more towards the action side for me to compare it straight up.

Persona 5 is.... P5 is not a bad game, but imo its the new face of amazing presentation over shallow gameplay, design, and writing. As awesome as the combat looks in P5, its the same trial and error/grind/curbstomp formula for the entire 90+ hours. There is so much filler between events that I have to believe they intentionally stretched the game to pad the clock for loyalists of the series as well. And the storytelling? The majority of the cast is just plain bad or only exist to push the plot forward for a moment then are general afterthoughts for the rest of the time. I don't think its a bad game, I just think that people realllllly exaggerate how good it is because of how great it looks and sounds. IMHO, Tales of Berseria is straight up better as a overall package.

But yeah, Xenoblade 2 is easily better.

Monolith Soft really needs to get on that and a Xenosaga remaster tbh...

I don't know why X wasn't already in the works.
Tales of Berseria is my favorite JRPG this gen even with its flaws just off the cast and character interactions. I feel like it has a serious claim to best overall cast in a JRPG.

So yeah I’d take it over this game and Persona 5.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yo I'm legit stuck on chapter 7 boss at cliff of morytha. I thought of the strategy of switch my important blades before he does that affinity destroying wave or whatever. And that was actually working but then he whipped out some long ass aura blade that took 75 percent of my health then when I tried to heal, he hit me with a move that got a knock back on me even tho I had knock back resistance cancelling my healing. I was super pissed. :mjcry: What other blade has Anchor shot besides Pyra? 125 hours an still haven't beat this shyt. I wanna face those dinosaurs man.
That's one of those fights that require you to manage crowd control and status effects that keep party members from sticking to their roles.

I think the best way to go about that fight is make absolutely sure that you've got aggro increasing abilities on your tank and make absolutely sure that Nia is sticking to healing by not giving her anything but healers. This is also the fight where specials that provide team or self-healing on hit are HUGE. Even if Nia can't keep on the healing front, you need a way to sustain and keep yourself alive until she can. Potion healing is really hard to depend on unless you've landed Kora (who lets potions stay on the field for a full minute, allowing you to stack spare healing for when you need it).

Another thing is spacing. Even when your tank is doing a decent job here, you can't bunch up behind the enemies too much.

But yeah, Tora over Morag might be the move simply because you can't dependably dodge everything at that point in the game (and if you don't have agility boosting stuff on Morag anyways you're hustling backwards).

One more thing you can try is sealing some of the abilities through blade combos. Pretty sure you can stop knockback entirely by hitting the right combo in that fight.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Tales of Berseria is my favorite JRPG this gen even with its flaws just off the cast and character interactions. I feel like it has a serious claim to best overall cast in a JRPG.

So yeah I’d take it over this game and Persona 5.
Tales of Berseria and XB2 is... I don't think its NOT arguable to be honest. Its the little things that separate the two though.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

What @42 Monks said.

Also what level are you? What Blades you got? What Core Chips/Aux Cores you got? Are you using any food/art/games/whatever to boost your stats? Is your Chain Attack game on point? You stacking Orbs?

Fred.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
What @42 Monks said.

Also what level are you? What Blades you got? What Core Chips/Aux Cores you got? Are you using any food/art/games/whatever to boost your stats? Is your Chain Attack game on point? You stacking Orbs?

Fred.

My level for Rex is pretty low. It's 58. Boss is 52 with a lot of good abilities.

Newt TNK has knock back resistance 2 and Block rate up 2

With a dimensional katana that actually increases damage to humanoids by 50 percent. Just realizing that now lol.

Nia has humanoid Hunter 3/shackle resist 3/blowdown resist 2

I use her special right when the boss is about to try something funny because I heal up completely when I do it.

And my common blade Yuka which is a healer. She has Affinity max atk 3 and she does the most damage out of everyone with that. She's the type of blade that makes you box your opponents.

My HP is only 5649 at max, so it's not helping. Rex is equipped with sapphire which restores 7 percent HP with each auto attack which is in relation to what @42 Monks said about making sure I retain my HP at all costs. And I just radomly threw some extra luck on him because I got desperate thinking it would do some LMAO.

Also y'all faced this dude 1 on 1 right? Because my party done left me for some reason.

I wish I had movement heal 3 but I don't have the materials to refine that aux core.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
My level for Rex is pretty low. It's 58. Boss is 52 with a lot of good abilities.

Newt TNK has knock back resistance 2 and Block rate up 2

With a dimensional katana that actually increases damage to humanoids by 50 percent. Just realizing that now lol.

Nia has humanoid Hunter 3/shackle resist 3/blowdown resist 2

I use her special right when the boss is about to try something funny because I heal up completely when I do it.

And my common blade Yuka which is a healer. She has Affinity max atk 3 and she does the most damage out of everyone with that. She's the type of blade that makes you box your opponents.

My HP is only 5649 at max, so it's not helping. Rex is equipped with sapphire which restores 7 percent HP with each auto attack which is in relation to what @42 Monks said about making sure I retain my HP at all costs. And I just radomly threw some extra luck on him because I got desperate thinking it would do some LMAO.

Also y'all faced this dude 1 on 1 right? Because my party done left me for some reason.

I wish I had movement heal 3 but I don't have the materials to refine that aux core.
there's a lot of boss encounters at chapter 7, i'm thinking i remember the one that OD'd on the crowd control stuff... also make sure you put people back in your party. after some events it'll shift your team around and you'll have to put them back in manually. i don't remember too many solo fights in the game.

movement heal is trash, not worth a spot

the best way to guarantee rex keeps his health is up galaxy cube (forget the exact name, but the accessory that give you a chance to attack twice per auto attack) and something give you heal on crit or special. mythra's chip should be whatever gives her the highest crit too. the point of the build is increase your odds of getting crits as much as possible in order to get the most out out of mythra's passive. this setup will take you throw most of the game tbh.

i think you're overkilling on the resistance stuff now that i think about it more. only thing i ever really had to worry about was Break. THAT will get you fukked up quick because a driver combo on your tank means you're winging it for about 20 seconds or longer if they don't flat out die. instead of worrying about the items, i'd focus on sealing the abilities of the enemy altogether. its easy to miss, but you can direct your blade combos to prevent enemies from doing stuff outright. its basically essential for a lot of bosses from chapter 7 on. for example, you can prevent bosses from calling reinforcements, prevent it from preventing YOU from healing, stop affinity down, etc.

i'd go that route if it all possible. its more reliable than hoping your resistance stacks pay off and lets you use that slot for something else. w