Xenoblade Chronicles 2

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
The connection to the first game really only becomes apparent literally 90% of the way through the game and even then it's only obvious if you played the first game. I don't know what breh was smoking talking about "ME3" and "TW3", which are both continuations of one story. Especially "ME3".

Fred.
I only played the intro of the first game, but I know the name of that blade they were fighting over/with. And I heard a major character in battle yelling out attacks with that weapons name. So I assumed there was probably a connection

• Dap
Reactions: hex

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I only played the intro of the first game, but I know the name of that blade they were fighting over/with. And I heard a major character in battle yelling out attacks with that weapons name. So I assumed there was probably a connection
And that's pretty much as far as it goes too with regard to that specifically

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh yeah, I forgot about that....and it's literally never mentioned again at any point in the game. :mjlol:

The main connection is towards the end and it's cool....but again, you wouldn't even know it existed unless you played the first game.

Fred.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I didn't play the first one, about to play it for the first time after I finish a couple other games.

I absolutely loved this game and don't know really anything about the first game. Just the hour or so I played of it. I actually did notice something from that first hour in this game lol, so I know it must be pretty important all things considered. But I agree I didn't need to play the first game for this to be one of my favorite JRPGs I ever played.
This game is pretty much the same as any other game in a series. You almost never have to play a previous game in a series to enjoy the sequel. The previous game in the series typically enriches the experience you get with the sequel but it's almost never a required experience. Games are purposely written this way because many of them span different console generations so it leaves the previous game inaccessible to a lot of people.

The vast majority of games will recap enough of the plot of a previous game to get you up to speed enough to play. The exception of this is the Trails series if you play something like Trails SC or The 3rd and skip the previous game you'd be completely lost and the game isn't gonna recap jack shyt. Granted you could skip Trails in the Sky and play Cold Steel first and not be lost but the Trails series is the exception to the rule not the rule.

That being said Xenoblade 1 is way better than 2. People are doing themselves a disservice skipping 1. The plot and characters are way better. The blade system of 2 might be easier to get into though.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This game is pretty much the same as any other game in a series. You almost never have to play a previous game in a series to enjoy the sequel. The previous game in the series typically enriches the experience you get with the sequel but it's almost never a required experience. Games are purposely written this way because many of them span different console generations so it leaves the previous game inaccessible to a lot of people.

The vast majority of games will recap enough of the plot of a previous game to get you up to speed enough to play. The exception of this is the Trails series if you play something like Trails SC or The 3rd and skip the previous game you'd be completely lost and the game isn't gonna recap jack shyt. Granted you could skip Trails in the Sky and play Cold Steel first and not be lost but the Trails series is the exception to the rule not the rule.

That being said Xenoblade 1 is way better than 2. People are doing themselves a disservice skipping 1. The plot and characters are way better. The blade system of 2 might be easier to get into though.
:gucci:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's pretty normal for a series to become more popular as it goes along and for massive amounts of gamers to skip the previous games in the series and jump in late.

In all honesty outside the Trails series I'm struggling to come up with any game series that will basically be ruined if you haven't played the previous games in the series.

At the worst you'll miss out on references to previous games but most game plots are self-contained enough to be enjoyed by anybody jumping in late. Developers expect this and make games to conform to that.

Again with the Witcher 3. That game sold more than 1 and 2 combined by a few million. This type of thing is normal in gaming. Developers take that into account.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Need Botany 9 for one of these new Expansion Pass quests. Highest I got is 3. Can't even get to 9 with any combination of Blades.:francis:

Fred.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Need Botany 9 for one of these new Expansion Pass quests. Highest I got is 3. Can't even get to 9 with any combination of Blades.:francis:

Fred.

That’s when all those regular blades come in handy. I made sure I had 3 for for whatever requirements to be able to make it to 9 with no problems. Have to be careful on what blades you keep and release. Finally finished Ursula’s chart:wow: Best healer in the game​

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
zqaXiw7.gif

full

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps

Ehhhhh. If you were trying to argue a franchise like Elder Scrolls or Fallout, where each game is a different location/story that's away from the previous game, your points would make more sense. Games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, The Witcher, etc. they're created to be played in order. They tell one long overarching story. That's why those type of games drop DLC and stuff to catch people up on the previous games and allow them to make major decisions. The shyt you do in the previous games literally affects your playthrough in the next games. You need to be playing those games.