Xenoblade Chronicles 2

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
If you never played Xenoblade 1 I would suggest not reading this and playing that game. It's a better game than Xenoblade 2 anyway.
They share the same orgin story to a point. The antagonist of the original Xenoblade is the missing half of the architect in Xenoblade 2. The games happen in parallel. The world of Xenoblade 2 is the original world Xenoblade's world was the parallel world created when Klaus split in half destroying the original world. The reason Rex and Pyra ave to hurry up and stop Malos is because Shulk is about to kill Klaus' other half and then architect will die.

You only say this because they wrote this game in such a way that it doesn't spoil the other game even if they are connected. Like I said a person could play 2 then 1 or play 1 then 2 and they would probably have a similar reaction to the twists. Many video game sequels do this though especially when they span different console generations.

I've never played the Witcher 3 but people cay you can skip 1 and 2 and still enjoy 3 on it's own for example. You could skip Dragon Age 1 and 2 and understand what happens in Dragon Age Inquisition. There's gonna be content in Inquisition that loses it's impact if you didn't play 1 or 2 but that too is the case for most video game sequels.
Wow that's fire...i would have played if it were for Switch.

This game was good AF

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
If you never played Xenoblade 1 I would suggest not reading this and playing that game. It's a better game than Xenoblade 2 anyway.
They share the same orgin story to a point. The antagonist of the original Xenoblade is the missing half of the architect in Xenoblade 2. The games happen in parallel. The world of Xenoblade 2 is the original world Xenoblade's world was the parallel world created when Klaus split in half destroying the original world. The reason Rex and Pyra ave to hurry up and stop Malos is because Shulk is about to kill Klaus' other half and then architect will die.

You only say this because they wrote this game in such a way that it doesn't spoil the other game even if they are connected. Like I said a person could play 2 then 1 or play 1 then 2 and they would probably have a similar reaction to the twists. Many video game sequels do this though especially when they span different console generations.

I've never played the Witcher 3 but people cay you can skip 1 and 2 and still enjoy 3 on it's own for example. You could skip Dragon Age 1 and 2 and understand what happens in Dragon Age Inquisition. There's gonna be content in Inquisition that loses it's impact if you didn't play 1 or 2 but that too is the case for most video game sequels.
Yeah, like I said - it doesn't matter. The connection doesn't alter the importance of anything and missing context doesn't ruin anything either.

The direct connections are very small things over the course of the game.

The more I think about it, the FF13 series / Agito / FF15 stuff might be more important as far as it concerns games being linked together. :mjlol:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah, like I said - it doesn't matter. The connection doesn't alter the importance of anything and missing context doesn't ruin anything either.

The direct connections are very small things over the course of the game.

The more I think about it, the FF13 series / Agito / FF15 stuff might be more important as far as it concerns games being linked together. :mjlol:
FF Versus XIII was linked to XIII. Final Fantasy XV is a different game than Versus XIII. They used some concepts and characters from Versus XIII but XV and XIII have nothing to do with each other.

The direct connection with Xenoblade is core story stuff. Both games have a part of the core story and expand on it. That's pretty important. You're downplaying it because they were creative enough to not make either game entirely depended on the other. You can play Xenoblade 2 and never play a and technically you wouldn't know what you missed but you'll still be missing out on core story elements.

You can pick up Mass Effect 3 and play it having never played 1 or 2 and technically you wouldn't know what you missed but you'll still be missing out on core story elements. The same can be said for almost any video game sequel.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So what was everyone set up?

Drivers:

Tora
Nia
Rex

Blades:

Rex - Lyra, Roc, Wulfric/Vale

Mia - Ursula, Dromarch, Vera

Tora - Poppi, Poppi qt.

Is there a way to get another Blade for Tora?
Rex - Mythra, Roc & Wulfric
Nia - Dromarch, Adenine & Vess
Morag - Brighid, Aegeon & Theory

I stopped using Tora after I got Morag but I did get Poppi's 3rd form anyway (It's a sidequest you can start by going back to Tora's house)
I didn't use Zeke too much but I did use him for almost all of chapter 7 cause you know why

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just beat this game

Gotta admit, I was doubting it the first few hours...was WAAAY too fukking "anime", English voice acting was mostly garbage, character designs were meh but I gave it a fair chance and 70 hours later (lol) thought this was pretty dope.

Doesn't hit the highs of Xenoblade 1 for me. Music isn't quite as good, no jaw dropping magical moments like witnessing Satorl Marsh Night for the first time, but still a very good sequel. Gonna take a bit of a break and play it every now and then but will dive deep again once that New Game + hits...but I'm changing the voice acting to Japanese lol

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
So what was everyone set up?

Drivers:

Tora
Nia
Rex

Blades:

Rex - Lyra, Roc, Wulfric/Vale

Mia - Ursula, Dromarch, Vera

Tora - Poppi, Poppi qt.

Is there a way to get another Blade for Tora?
Right now

Rex-Pyra, Agate, Perun
Nia-Dromarch, Boreas, Ursula
Morag-Kassandra, Electra, Brigid

Boreas is dope how easy he is to build affinity. Ursula on the hand affinity is that bull bull. Got her to level 4. Level 5 can :camby:

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Right now

Rex-Pyra, Agate, Perun

Boreas is dope how easy he is to build affinity. Ursula on the hand affinity is that bull bull. Got her to level 4. Level 5 can :camby:

RLcs_Qg_X.gif

Working on it now​

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:russ:

It's the best when you're fighting like 6 of them it's just infinite 'think you can take me"'s :mjlol:

It was the best. Was :mjcry:

Right now

Rex-Pyra, Agate, Perun

Once I saw Ursual's blade quest required her to go on hundreds of merc missions, she went straight to the bushes

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

FF Versus XIII was linked to XIII. Final Fantasy XV is a different game than Versus XIII. They used some concepts and characters from Versus XIII but XV and XIII have nothing to do with each other.

The direct connection with Xenoblade is core story stuff. Both games have a part of the core story and expand on it. That's pretty important. You're downplaying it because they were creative enough to not make either game entirely depended on the other. You can play Xenoblade 2 and never play a and technically you wouldn't know what you missed but you'll still be missing out on core story elements.

You can pick up Mass Effect 3 and play it having never played 1 or 2 and technically you wouldn't know what you missed but you'll still be missing out on core story elements. The same can be said for almost any video game sequel.

:gucci:

Breh are you a "Xenoblade" stan or something? These are terrible nonsensical examples.

You could play this game, not even know the first game exists, and follow the story just fine. Hell, if you removed the 2 from the title, there would be no indication it was a sequel, unless you played the first game.

Comparing this to something like "Mass Effect 3" is silly as hell....it has the same characters, enemies, setting, and plot across all three games....it's literally one long ass story. In the opening scene you're on trial for shyt you did in "Mass Effect 2", for Christ sake. Saying you could play "ME3" and not know what you missed is false as fukk....it would be like saying you could enjoy "Return Of The Jedi" with no knowledge of the two previous movies....technically correct, but you aren't going to know what the fukk is going on and most things are going to go over your head. The same with "The Witcher 3". Within the first 10 minutes of the game you're interrogated and the answers you give are what happened in the first two games....because the game makes nonstop references to them.

The connections in this game are Easter Eggs, that's it.

Fred.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:gucci:

Breh are you a "Xenoblade" stan or something? These are terrible nonsensical examples.

You could play this game, not even know the first game exists, and follow the story just fine. Hell, if you removed the 2 from the title, there would be no indication it was a sequel, unless you played the first game.

Comparing this to something like "Mass Effect 3" is silly as hell....it has the same characters, enemies, setting, and plot across all three games....it's literally one long ass story. In the opening scene you're on trial for shyt you did in "Mass Effect 2", for Christ sake. Saying you could play "ME3" and not know what you missed is false as fukk....it would be like saying you could enjoy "Return Of The Jedi" with no knowledge of the two previous movies....technically correct, but you aren't going to know what the fukk is going on and most things are going to go over your head. The same with "The Witcher 3". Within the first 10 minutes of the game you're interrogated and the answers you give are what happened in the first two games....because the game makes nonstop references to them.

The connections in this game are Easter Eggs, that's it.

Fred.
You're saying is you can play this game and not fully understand a good chunk of the lore and be fine because the sequel doesn't star the cast of the original. Well if that's the case one could do that with just about any sequel.

Mass Effect 3 tells you everything you need to know to understand what's going on in it. When references are made to stuff that happened in the other games it's gonna go over your head just like it would in Xenoblade 2. That wouldn't stop somebody from enjoying 3 though.

Just like if you were playing Dragon Age Inquisition and Hawke shows up and you never played 2 you won't really know who he is. The whole impact of those scenes will be lost on you but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy DAI anyway because you won't really know what you're missing.

Major characters on Xenoblade appear in 2. Characters very important to the lore. Somebody missing out on stuff they don't perceive isn't going to ruin their experience it's just going to lessen it but again they don't know what they missed.

I watched Terminator 2 and to this day I've never seen Terminator 1 and I enjoyed 2 just fine. The argument can be made about almost anything. Sure some of 2's experience was lost on me because I never saw 1 but I still enjoyed it and understood 2.